Popular Teachers

New ideas for my classes by Amber_A
Hi guys, Classes are starting back up in a few weeks and I was looking at the outline of my 3-4...

Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Guys Only PG-13
Everything you need to know about Dance Belts (karma: 4)  en>fr fr>en
By Jett167 Comments: 387, member since Mon Jul 11, 2005
On Wed Aug 10, 2005 08:35 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-08-10 22:42:46 I think it works fine here (I know the topic comes up alot). In fact, I like it so much, I'm willing to make it sticky!

WHAT IS A DANCE BELT?
Dance belts are specialized support garments worn UNDER tights. They are designed to hold your male parts in place, keeping them protected while creating that rounded "bulge" you see in front. Dance belts look similar to jockstraps with one important difference - a single "thong" in back to avoid visible jockstrap lines. They are also tighter - with a no stretch pouch, so nothing can shift around once you've got it on. This helps avoid the embarrassment of a spontaneous erection becoming visible to the audience.

HOW DO YOU WEAR A DANCE BELT?
When putting on a dance belt it's important to take the time to get all your parts placed where you want them, as comfortably as possible, because once it's on, nothing is supposed to move until you take it off.

To put one on, pull your dance belt up around your waist or hips, to the height you normally wear your pants. Do not try to cheat by wearing it low, hoping to avoid thong tension. Your penis is supposed to end up facing up towards your belly button, so you can get that process started by letting the dance belt catch it as you pull it on. Next, reach inside the dance belt and pull your scrotum up inside the pouch. Your testicles need to be up and front, well clear of their usual dangling position. Adjust your penis position to face straight up. Then, make sure the pouch isn't riding too far up by pulling the pouch's bottom back down and back. Make sure the thong is firmly seated between your butt cheeks, pulling any looseness towards the rear waistband. Again, don't attempt to cheat by letting the thong float loosely. It's going to end up as far up your crack as possible halfway through class, so you should place it where you want it to go rather than leave its comfort to chance.

At first, you can expect some discomfort wearing a dance belt. However, a properly fitting one will soon stop bothering you and you will come to appreciate your ability to let loose, jumping and leaping around with wild abandon, knowing there won't be that painful bounce when you land.

HOW TO FIND A DANCE BELT FOR YOU
The best color dance belt to buy is flesh colored. The same dance belt can then be worn under black practice tights or white performance tights. A flesh colored dance belt is more invisible under white tights than a white one, in the same way a white T-shirt under a white dress shirt becomes a "super white" look brighter than a single white layer.

There are several different types of Dancebelts. Depending on the type of dance you do, you may want to choose a different style. Most Dance belts have a foam cup, where as some are made of different materials. The best thing to do is just try them out, if it's uncomfortable change to a different style.

42 Replies to Everything you need to know about Dance Belts

DANCE BELTS en>fr fr>en
By enpointeguy Comments: 66, member since Fri Jul 08, 2005
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 06:19 AM
Congratulate for this interesting topic.
Excellent! en>fr fr>en
By mohabee Comments: 767, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Mon Aug 22, 2005 04:20 PM
Hi Jett167!

Thanks for this instruction. Very well said, and clear.

Keep On Being Protected!

Mohabee
re: Everything you need to know about Dance Belts en>fr fr>en
By mike1 Comments: 63, member since Mon Sep 05, 2005
On Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:50 PM
great post thanks for the help
By Ganymedes Comments: 7, member since Mon Sep 12, 2005
On Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:41 AM
I agree this is a really good informative post. The bad thing about dancebelts is that they can get pretty uncomfortable after dancing in them all day. I was at one dance camp and wearing it everyday caused alot of friction between my "cheeks" and make it sore for a while. But everything was back to normal after applying alittle dermal cream :)
By i_luv2_danz Comments: 274, member since Wed Aug 20, 2003
On Tue Sep 27, 2005 02:30 AM
Great post....didnt know most of that!
I feel a lot safer lol
Cheers
I don danz2liv i liv2danz Dance4eva Tom.
By Domenic Comments: 14, member since Tue Jan 20, 2004
On Sat Oct 15, 2005 01:22 AM
hey thanks for putting this here, I am new to this group and always had a few qustions but now they are answered! thanks alot.
By fouetteboi Comments: 214, member since Mon Dec 20, 2004
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:23 PM
hey, when you put on a dance belt is ur penis really saposed to go streight up? like agains ur stomach instead of down with the other stuff? Because iv never worn it liek that aand it just sounds a bit off lol
A Few More Tips en>fr fr>en
On Wed Oct 26, 2005 01:12 AM
Edited by mohabee (51469) on 2005-10-26 01:14:22
Hi Everybody!

As Jett127 has pointed out, the penis is "up," not only for the reason he pointed out (above), but also for the lines of the male body to be symmetrical, and to further protect male genitalia from being harmed.

Use of other undergarments (such as jockstraps, boxer briefs, "whitey tighteys," and UnderArmor garments) is discouraged, since all of these "undies" have seams that are thick, and may be seen through sheer tights.

Dancebelts, though they are at first uncomfortable to wear, are the best protection that a dancer can wear. After wearing the dancebelt for a month of regular use, one gets used to the string "underneath."

Don't forget to wash dancebelts with care. Warm soap and water is recommended, as is hand-washing and drip-drying. Washing machines and dryers may stretch a dancebelt out of shape quickly.

Keep on Dancing!

Mohabee
By dance_boy Comments: 5, member since Fri Aug 12, 2005
On Mon Oct 31, 2005 05:30 PM
Thank God someone posted this topic!
I see it on here all the time!
great work on the info.
thaks again
By Sparkz_NzPremium member Comments: 2358, member since Mon Jun 10, 2002
On Mon Nov 14, 2005 04:50 PM
Removed by webthighmaster (251) on 2005-11-14 17:23:36 oops
OMG dance belts!

Yeah I'm just checking. delete me now.
re: Everything you need to know about Dance Belts (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By theguydancer Comments: 15, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 07:03 PM
Everything said here is true! Anything other than a dance belt should not be worn while dancing...for your protection.
By funkdudemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 820, member since Fri Jun 18, 2004
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 09:39 PM
This is a great post for beginners, but the original poster should have noted where he copied and pasted parts of it from.
By dancerboy11 Comments: 10, member since Fri May 27, 2005
On Wed Jun 06, 2007 01:25 PM
this is a fantastic post. i wish i had this kind of instruction when i was learning about dance belts...BRAVO!
By dalton_dude Comments: 39, member since Fri Jun 22, 2007
On Sat Jun 23, 2007 03:45 PM
Thanks dude! This will really help me when I start wearing a dance belt. I'm glad you gave us full out clear instructions, instead of just saying it simple. Thanks, really man.
dalton
By balletboy15 Comments: 2, member since Wed Sep 07, 2005
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 05:08 PM
Thank you very much. I was just going to purchase my first dance belt and now I know what to do and what to expect.

Thanks,
By balletboy15 Comments: 2, member since Wed Sep 07, 2005
On Tue Aug 07, 2007 05:09 PM
Thank you very much. I was just going to purchase my first dance belt and now I know what to do and what to expect.

Thanks,
By PirateSmith Comments: 7, member since Sun Apr 15, 2007
On Sun Aug 26, 2007 08:02 AM
Could we go one step farther with this posting... I have heard that there are "full seat" dance belts... and thong back... which is for what.. and where to buy them.. and while on the subject... how safe is ordering things on line... I live in Chicago.. and am surprised... that Capizio seems to dominate and control all the suppliers.... Pirate Smith
By genesisbelt Comments: 61, member since Sun Jul 15, 2007
On Tue Aug 28, 2007 02:41 PM
Try buying one a size bigger than you think you need. There is a lot of margin for error with sizing, and lots of variation in manufacture. Apparently, if it draws away from your abdomen when you breath in, it is too small. DB's are designed to stay moulded to your body.
By AdamisinTheatre3 Comments: 0, member since Sat Apr 19, 2008
On Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:08 PM
wow this was very helpful thanks. i have been asked by my dance teacher to get a dance belt and this helps alot

one question: why does your penis need to be facing up when you put it on, how does having it face down affect it?

Comment #7108866 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2008-04-20 23:01:42 Double post.

By kwokho Comments: 5, member since Sat Jun 07, 2008
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 07:57 PM
I'm a teenage dancer and I don't have dance belt, should I have one ?
On Sat Jun 07, 2008 08:58 PM
Hi Kwokho!

Yes, you need a dance belt. It's part of a male dancer's "uniform." No other undergarment will protect you as well as a dance belt.

Keep On Dancing!

Mohabee
By dancingbooch Comments: 6, member since Thu Jun 19, 2008
On Wed Jul 02, 2008 08:15 PM
Great post, helped out a lot in getting started.
By Andreas1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 61, member since Thu Jul 17, 2008
On Thu Jul 17, 2008 06:47 PM
Is it possible to wear a thong leotard under your tights instead ?

I like the support that a dance belt provides but also like the way that a leo won't pull out or become loose.

Any ideas ?
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch