Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Everything you need to know about Dance Belts
By mohabee Comments: 767, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Sat Aug 02, 2008 04:01 PM
Hi Andreas!

Wear a dancebelt under the leotard. Leos alone will not adequately protect you.

Keep on Dancing!

Mohabee
By dancer_boi08 Comments: 114, member since Thu May 08, 2008
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 05:31 PM
thanks alot for that post that helps me alot being a nw dancer and all

Comment #7452701 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-07-15 14:42:12 double post

By askling Comments: 53, member since Thu Sep 11, 2008
On Tue Oct 14, 2008 07:05 PM
Thanks a lot man this rely helped me. Wish I had seen it earlier.
Great Post
By ClintonK Comments: 26, member since Mon Mar 31, 2008
On Thu Jan 15, 2009 06:21 AM
Wow- what a great and positive post!

I've been wearing dance belts for about a year and a half now, and I had to figure most of that out on my own. You did a great job putting all the information in one place.

If anyone is reading this for information, make sure you check the cotton percentage of your dance belt before you wash it. Some of them have a tendency to shrink when you wash them. It's not fun. Trust me.

Keep dancing, guys!
By Caserdilla Comments: 2, member since Sun Mar 08, 2009
On Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:01 PM
Are you really supposed to have your penis facing upwards toward your belly button? I have been pressing my penis onto my scrotum because it stops erections but whenever I try and have my penis upward I get erections very easily... Somebodys advice please!
By Palladio Comments: 1, member since Thu Mar 12, 2009
On Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 AM
Hi, I found this thread very interesting and I have to ask some questions. Once I tried a Dance Belt but It felt so uncomfortable that I gave up and returned to my standard briefs. The problem of mine is that the padded front makes me feel somekind of clumsy, I don't know if you know what I mean. Recently, I exposed the problem to my sister's teacher and she suggested to wear a normal thong. I've been wearing it for one month, and i have to admit it's pretty comfy, but still i get no differences between the thong and my ol' briefs. Moreover I never knew of any male dancer who wears thongs and I feel a little embarassed to be the only one when the other guy doesn't.
What kind of dance belt should I wear? I was about to get a Bolch's one instead of my Capezio's but i don't know where to get it. Should i keep on wearing briefs, or thongs? What about thong leotards?
By mohabee Comments: 767, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 PM
To Caserdilla:

Yes, wear the dance belt penis up. The level of protection for the testes is higher when the penis is out of the way. As far as erections go, they will occur, but this isn't something to dwell on.

Stay focused on the next step--this is really more important than any other thought.

To Palladio:

Standard undies will not protect you, and the "line" of your thighs and groin will not be visible--this is quite important, so that your instructor can make corrections in your movements.

Standard thongs are also not protective, though your "lines" will be greatly improved.

Try several different dance belts--when I danced I preferred the Capezios, for comfort.

Keep on staying protected!

Mohabee
By danceboy27 Comments: 49, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 07:18 AM
Hi Andreas1
replying to your question
yes it is possible to wear a thong leotard under your tights but you have to wear a Dancebelt before you wear a thong leotard so when you are getting dressed for a ballet class you should dress like this 1st put on your dancebelt then you thong leotard over your dancebelt then wear your tights over your thong leotard then your ballet shoes now unlike me i wear a padded dancebelt slip a support cup inside my dancebelt wear my thong leotard over dancebelt and support cup then wear my footed tights over my leotard and then my ballet shoes
By Nutcracker_Boy Comments: 107, member since Wed Oct 29, 2003
On Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:36 PM
Edited by Nutcracker_Boy (76805) on 2009-07-06 22:37:54
danceboy27 wrote:

i wear a padded dancebelt slip a support cup inside my dancebelt wear my thong leotard over dancebelt and support cup then wear my footed tights over my leotard and then my ballet shoes

You mean like the kind of cup you wear to play Lacrosse? That's just plain weird.
By danceboy27 Comments: 49, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Sat Aug 15, 2009 05:31 AM
Nutcracker Boy
Yes like the kind of cup you wear to play Lacrosse and ice hockey american football cricket etc i wear a padded dancebelt slip a support cup inside my dancebelt wear my thong leotard over dancebelt and support cup then wear my footed tights over my leotard and then my ballet shoes
By Tweedybird Comments: 4, member since Sat Sep 19, 2009
On Wed Sep 23, 2009 04:50 AM
Thanks! Very helpful for someone new to Dance Belts.
By asiandancer111 Comments: 37, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Fri Jan 22, 2010 04:24 PM
if there are creases around the seams of the dance belt, it means it's too small?
because I have a 29inch waist
and I have a medium harmonie dance belt
and it has a bit of creases.
By MaleDancer09 Comments: 2, member since Sun Feb 07, 2010
On Sun Feb 07, 2010 04:56 PM
Where can i get a dancebelt with a padded cup? is it like a cup from a jock strap because when i see the professional male dancers they all look uniform and concealed "down there" but no matter how i put on the dance belt you can still see more than just a pouch.
By jly_dance Comments: 30, member since Sat May 22, 2010
On Wed Jun 02, 2010 02:16 PM
There are many places that you can get padded dance belt. YOu could just search it on Google..and you would get results. You could also try just regular padded dance belts, because ( for me) they make on show a lump and nothing else. I have a Capezio Cotton Dance Belt, it isn't padded but it does do a very good job at concealing things.
By Doctor_Dancebelt Comments: 51, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Tue Jun 29, 2010 05:22 PM
funkdude wrote:

This is a great post for beginners, but the original poster should have noted where he copied and pasted parts of it from.

This article was excerpted from my website "Doctor Dancebelt's Guide: everything you need to know about dance belts and more"

www.dancebelt.info
By male39 Comments: 20, member since Thu Dec 04, 2008
On Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 AM
Thanks for posting. Answered some of my questions I had.
By Brandonp Comments: 1, member since Thu Jul 14, 2011
On Fri Jul 15, 2011 02:31 PM
I live in Chicago too. Try motion unlimited at 218 S wabash. They are really nice there and let you try on DB too (over underwear of course). This can help you find the right size based on the waistband.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch