Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: ** Don't buy from pet shops!!! **
By AnDy_DaNcErmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 170, member since Tue Jun 01, 2004
On Sat Sep 17, 2005 06:10 PM
awww how sad
By Tanzer Comments: 68, member since Fri Sep 23, 2005
On Fri Sep 23, 2005 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info. But I never have bought an animal at a pet store I got a hamster from a friend and a hermit crab from the mall.
By cristy86 Comments: 21, member since Tue Sep 13, 2005
On Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:20 PM
aww the poor animals! i love animals so i would never want anything like this to happen to a cute little doggy or kitty cat
By Armwarmermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3108, member since Fri May 20, 2005
On Mon Oct 10, 2005 02:45 PM
That's so sad! I won't be buying pets in the NEAR future, but I know I will someday be buying pets again. I will most likely be going to a pound though. I always feel bad for he animals in pounds because they don't have much love.

-Ash
By xsweet_moverxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1369, member since Sat May 14, 2005
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 01:52 PM
OMG ! :O :O
I never knew !! :O :O
Them video's really touched me :(
I love all animals and I hate cruelty to them :C
Thanko0o so0o much for letting everyone on dance.net know this !!
Karma For you !!!! :D
xxxx
By Holliannamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1308, member since Thu Nov 04, 2004
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 06:36 PM
Edited by Hollianna (111992) on 2005-10-22 18:38:22
Try watching this video, very touching. Takes a few minutes to download, but it's touching and the song really fits in with the video.

www.itsmeowornever.org . . .
By dancegal2002 Comments: 924, member since Tue Feb 11, 2003
On Mon Oct 31, 2005 05:38 AM
yeah, pet shops are dodgy, but what will happen to the animals in the pet shop? I feel very sorry for them. Although not all pets come from these farms; alot of breeders, etc give/sell them to the pet shop. I've always heard it's better to buy your pet from a pound or shelter.
By celtic_fan Comments: 86, member since Sun Oct 30, 2005
On Sat Nov 05, 2005 06:39 AM
please can you tell me are budgies ok my bugdie seems fine i got it 3 weeks ago but if i come to think of it now it doesent tweet alot oh please can you send me back a message im getting quite scared!!! leahxx
By Morgziemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 119, member since Sun Jul 03, 2005
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:21 PM
I know, it's terrible. Puppies in a mill. Nonsense. What kind of cruel-hearted person would put a bunch of poor, defenseless, helpless puppies in a place where they could very well die? It's not right!
By HollieErin Comments: 3422, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 09:35 PM
I understand what you're saying. I know that this is also a hard topic for a lot of people. I am in NO WAY condoning what takes place but can we all please remember

(Oh I am shouting)

EVERY ANIMAL DESERVES A LOVING HOME!!!!!

Looking into the big brown eyes of your puppy and ask him if it is his fault that he was born in a puppy mill? Ask him if it is his fault that his mummy and daddy we horribly mistreatedl. What is he says? He is probably looking at you and saying 'No'.
Puppy/kitty mills are horrible but puppies cannot help how they were brounght into this world. If you can give a puppy, or any animal for that matter, a loving home DO IT! Regarless of where he came from. It isn't his fault.

Spartanette
re: ** Don't buy from pet shops!!! ** (karma: 1)
By puppies_flyPremium member Comments: 2818, member since Sun Jan 16, 2005
On Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:46 AM
^^ the problem is, when you buy a puppy from a puppy mill, the puppy mill gets your money, and they use it to breed even more miserable puppies! the only way to stop them is to put them out of buisiness.
By KatieJayne826 Comments: 24, member since Tue Jun 21, 2005
On Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:01 PM
That is so sad.. Thanks for posting. I won't be buying from a petshop anymore. Katie
By kt_bug Comments: 64, member since Tue Nov 22, 2005
On Tue Nov 22, 2005 06:57 PM
thankyou so much for informing me about those horrible people like that .I will never ever buy a dog or pet from a pet store!!!! thanks!!!
By Lauren_M21member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1488, member since Tue Mar 16, 2004
On Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:39 AM
thats so cruel
Lozzy m :)

Comment #4423055 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2007-10-16 09:45:58 netspeak

By XxXwoodyXxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1102, member since Fri Mar 11, 2005
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 PM
thats horrid!

I work in a pet shop - we dont sell puppies or kittens - for licencing reasons (and the pet shop is TINY!!) But we do sell rabbits , guinea pigs , hamsters , mice , budgies , fish , tortoises(i love them two lil guys we nicknamed them Posh + Becks) etc .. and i couldnt imagine how anybody could treat animals disrespectfully!! we now have a law in the UK that we cannot sell to Under 16s any animal what-so-ever!(stops people tying them to fireworks {we have heard stories of this})

So yeah we treat our animals there with great care!!its sad that people can treat animals like this!!

Dx
(remember a Dog (or any other animal for that matter) is for life - not just for christmas)

[sorry to go on]
By Easha Comments: 0, member since Sun Nov 20, 2005
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:21 AM
That's so true, animals brought up in cages have serious mental issues afterwards. If you want a family dog then you should buy it from a family. But I think it's fine to buy hamsterrs and fish.
re:**Dont buy from pet shops!!!**
By dancegur12 Comments: 771, member since Fri Jul 01, 2005
On Fri Dec 23, 2005 03:07 PM
WOW!!!I never knew that thanx so much I will never buy any dog or cat from a pet shop.
Thanx for the imformation!
dancegur12
By cjkittycattymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 121, member since Thu Dec 29, 2005
On Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:02 PM
hmm, i bought my hampter at petco. it died after one year, but hampters life spaines are 1-3 years. but that is really sad. i got my cat from an animal shelter. they rescued him off the streets.
that is really sad though!
** Don't buy from pet shops!!! **
By prettypinkdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 542, member since Thu May 12, 2005
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 01:28 PM
awwww, thtas so mean! i never get pets from pet shops, just the pound and breeders.

p.s what kind of dog is that in the pic???
By iceprincezzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 243, member since Sat Jun 18, 2005
On Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:02 PM
I LOVE this thread! It explains my point of view. I don't really think people should buy purebreds at all. Almost every breed has major health problems. My dad and stepmom bought two mini-Daschunds, and while they are AMAZING dogs with great temperaments my dad had no idea what he was getting into when he bought the first one and got him from an overpopulated kennel. He has so many health problems with his back, and it's so bad that he can barely walk sometimes. They were more experienced and careful when they got their second one, and she's very healthy, but people should be very cautious when buying. Also, like you said, every time you buy that's one animal at a shelter that didn't get a chance.

No offense to anyone who has bought animals - my parents chose to, and I love my dogs. But I've worked at an animal shelter, and I really feel like adopting is best.
Sad
By cooky_dough Comments: 5, member since Sat Mar 18, 2006
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:40 AM
That's so sad! I went to one of those sites you listed and I literally cryed. I ill never buy from a pet shop. But, I don't understand where to get a pet from. Where?

Caitie out!!!
dont buy from p.s.
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:44 PM
The computers have been on and off today and I did not check the links but I can guess what it is like.I think in Australia that the RSPCA would check up on pet shops.They look out for cruelty.I do not buy pet food with Tuna in it anymore because I saw on T.V. that dolphins were being caught in Tuna nets and killed.I could not find the PET section the other day ,really,I must have looked in all the wrong places.I wrote about my Alaskan Malamute under Native American Dancing.Nobody complained.It is a little bit funny I think.
Dont buy....
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Thu Mar 23, 2006 08:14 PM
one other thing I thought of...maybe people should be carefull of all sellers.Some people try to smuggle birds and lizards from Australia.They often get sick because of the cramped and dangerous ways they are smuggled.Some people even try to smuggle eggs.
By doggies80127 Comments: 7, member since Sat Jan 07, 2006
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:49 PM
that made me cry thats so sad=[boohooboohooboohooboohoowaaaa .ok im done
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatchDraw