Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4
re: ** Don't buy from pet shops!!! **
By letsleap Comments: 68, member since Wed Jul 30, 2008
On Mon Aug 02, 2010 05:12 PM
I had a gold fish for 16 yrs. I never took it a walk. It didnt cast a hair.

Good advice buy a fish.
By male39 Comments: 20, member since Thu Dec 04, 2008
On Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:17 PM
I believe that you just have to be very careful where you get your pet. There are those out there that do not care and are in the business just fot the "almighty dollar." There are some good quality pet stores that really do care about their animals and take very good care of them. Just be careful.
By highlandrebelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1138, member since Fri Jul 06, 2007
On Thu Aug 26, 2010 01:22 PM
^ It is not so much how the dogs are treated when they get to the shop but how they (and the parents) are treated before.
Buying a dog from a petshop is never a good idea, for the dog or for the person.
By bigTreblemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1737, member since Mon Jan 26, 2004
On Thu Feb 06, 2014 02:17 AM
Pet shops are in the business of selling pets. They know exactly what they have to say and what papers they have to give you in order to convince you they are reputable and there is nothing shady going on. Don't feel bad, because they're good at tricking you. Just educate yourself and don't make the same mistake again.

Even if the pet store puppy itself was not abused, I'm sure its parents were. My first ever dog I rescued had come from a puppy mill where he wad used for breeding. They had kept him in a cage his whole life. He was afraid of steps when we got him, because he never had the opportunity to walk up or down them. It took a while for him to understand what a bed was, because no one had ever given him anything soft to lay on. He grew out of these, and many other traits common in puppy mill dogs, and became my best friend.

Don't feel bad for the animals in the pet shops. Some one else who doesn't know any better will come along and get that dog. Sadly, the same can't be said for all the dogs in shelters and rescues.
Page:
Page 4 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatchDraw