Forum: General / dance.net salutes

Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

dance.net salutes
Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT! (karma: 6)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 07:34 AM
Edited by pointe_baby12 (73000) on 2005-08-15 07:45:57
Edited by pointe_baby12 (73000) on 2005-08-15 07:46:27
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-08-15 16:30:44

ATTENTION DDN SALUTERS:

PLEASE stop saying you're ugly!

You are NOT ugly, therefore it doesn't need to be said. I have noticed several salutes lately where everyone says they look ugly, fat, etc.

IT'S NOT TRUE!

You're perfect just how you are.

Also, this could be considered fishing for compliments. What I mean by this is how you say you're ugly, and then everyone responds saying how pretty/cute/hot you are, whatever.

Fishing for compliments is HIGHLY FROWNED UPON. Please don't do it!

~pb12

53 Replies to Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT!

re: Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT!
By TapOutLoud Comments: 995, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:32 AM
Edited by Snapple_Dancer (125090) on 2005-08-15 10:33:06
thank you for this!!... great post.. i agree your not ugly!... thank you pointe_Baby this is just what we needed!.. :) i would give you karma, but i cant on this forum... but this deserves karma
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:58 AM
Great post. Wish I could give karma. Can we make it a sticky?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:27 PM
Dude. Being a mod, I've seen more salutes then most, and let me assure you - every single person, in every single salute, makes a comment about themselves being ugly.

I think it's intended as self-deprication, but by the time you've heard it 9,000 times, it's just old.

t
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 02:33 PM
^I agree Theresa. Every post (mostly by the girls of DDN) of salutes, the member degrades themself.

It bugs the crud outta me.

~pb12
By GooseBerrymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 861, member since Sun Nov 14, 2004
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:43 AM
Although I agree that people shouldn't be writing degrading things about themselves, I don't agree that it's always "fishing for compliments." When I first posted my salute I thought it was a terrible photo of me, but I honestly didn't expect anyone to reply, so how could it have been fishing for compliments?

~~Meg
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 05:06 AM
I didn't say that EVERYONE fishes for compliments, I said it could be interpreted that way.

~pb12
By Elise23member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 367, member since Mon Apr 19, 2004
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 02:09 PM
would give karma if i could... people should know they arent ugly, no one thinks that when they look at the pics, and then that reminds people who ARE fishing for comliments that its not needed. thanks that was a good reminder
By crazy_candymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 975, member since Tue Oct 19, 2004
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 05:39 PM
hi,
i dont actually agree with this!
maybe people just point out there faults in the picture because they are insecure about the way they look, or they dont like the way they look in the picture so they point it out so they dont feel like you are saying it behind there back because they have already said it!
love candy x x
By Tabbymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4988, member since Mon May 17, 2004
On Mon Aug 29, 2005 07:28 AM
I kinda agree,
but I have figured out that I put myself down so others don't.

xxxx
By selkiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 735, member since Thu Dec 18, 2003
On Wed Sep 07, 2005 01:19 AM
T, I didn't say that I was ugly when I posted. :)

I said that I was feeling brave, but that was it. ;)
your not ugly...
By teacher4you Comments: 2, member since Fri Sep 09, 2005
On Fri Sep 09, 2005 04:26 PM
dont ever think that.. bad for your self esteem!
re: Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT! (karma: 1)
By primaballerina5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 80, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Sun Sep 11, 2005 02:25 PM
Edited by primaballerina5 (139717) on 2005-09-11 15:07:41
you are so right.. but i kinda have to agree with candy...
re: Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT! (karma: 3)
By filigree_montagemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 431, member since Sat Sep 03, 2005
On Mon Sep 12, 2005 07:51 AM
Excellent post!! How can anyone say they're ugly? WHAT IS UGLY? If you look hard enough at anyone (yes, anyone!!) you can always find something about them that is beautiful. Ugly/beautiful whatever, it's all very SUBJECTIVE! An Ugly person is someone without any humanity. That's ugly. And I don't think i've ever met a person who has lost ALL their humanity. If you look at all these beautiful faces on DDN, you can see smiles, bright eyes, thoughts, hopes, dreams, opinions, beauty! And humanity shining through. Anything with a soul (take that word however you like. It's not meant to be necessarily religious) is beautiful. Ugly is an ugly word. Maybe we should stop using words like that about living creatures. I have not seen ONE SINGLE ugly person on this board and I've seen all the pictures here, people! Nothing ugly yet!

Know what? Some days, I look in the mirror and think "wow, you're so UGLY!" But my fiance doesn't see that. My parents and friends don't see that. My sister doesn't see that. My cats don't see that. In fact, I often see my cats staring at me with adoration in their eyes.

Ugly?

Come on!!

It's just because you see yourself every day. You have plenty of time alone with your face and body to study, obsess, and pick out any minor flaw. Then you believe those flaws represent who you are. Who else actually sees those tiny flaws? Those "perfect" looking people have just as many flaws as anyone else but we don't see them closeup every day. We're all unique. That's what makes humanity so great! No two people are identical in every way (even twins have different personalities) Your individuality shouldn't make you feel ugly. Since when did being an individual somehow equate to not being worthy of a standard that doesn't have any hard or fast rules??

I'm not getting this out right. It's not coming out like I'd like to say it but just believe me. You are beautiful because you are you. You're the most beautiful, perfect YOU in the world. No one else can be you like you, no matter how hard they try. You are the ONLY perfect you. Isn't that better than being a generic, fleeting standard of what some tell us is "perfect"? Imagine the world if we all fit into the standard of perfect as some designer sees it? What a cold, boring world if we all looked alike!

filly
By Disco_Babe_05member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3257, member since Sun Mar 13, 2005
On Thu Sep 29, 2005 05:58 AM
^ :O

Thanks for this post ;)

Love Joanne xxx :]
By irish_adictmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 352, member since Sun Apr 11, 2004
On Fri Sep 30, 2005 04:47 AM
filigree_montage WOW
i owe you a karma
WOW
By Jazzy_Audrey87 Comments: 1210, member since Thu Jun 30, 2005
On Tue Oct 04, 2005 02:59 PM
Thank you! I wish I could give you karma!!!!! Remind me when you make another good post! (soon i hope!)

Charla
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 AM
I didn't say that I was ugly in my salute, I kind fo did further down though, but that's not the point, that was only coz of the conversation that was going on...

le gra,
Emma.x
By balletbeautiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 176, member since Wed Nov 03, 2004
On Tue Dec 27, 2005 09:04 AM
The fishing for compliments is soo true and it makes me soo mad! Great post!
By MaG_cmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 869, member since Mon Sep 06, 2004
On Sat Jan 14, 2006 02:59 PM
yeah thats true everybody that posts on this site is pretty!! no need to say theyre ugly nobodys ugly we are all a team and we're all pretty=)
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Mon Feb 27, 2006 07:37 PM
No is ugly. Looks dont matter its whats inside that counts. I know it sounds corny and cheesy but its true!
By AnNa06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 201, member since Tue Mar 14, 2006
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 01:59 AM
I totally agree
this should NOT be alous it's hurfull and you can bring down your self confidence by this please other D.NET dancers stop it

anna xxxx
By groovytwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14170, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 02:30 AM
I have better things to do than say I look ugly! I'm sure there's hundreds of nasty people willing to put you down.. so why do it yourself? Plus, if you say you're ugly, then automatically everyone's going to say your not!
Salutes aren't about being pretty, They're about proving to Dance.net who you are.
And the whole point is so you can post photos of yourself... So we can see you looking your best :)
its true
By boydymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 112, member since Mon Feb 20, 2006
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:38 AM
ia
that fishing for compliments is true i know i hate it when people do that
xxxboydyxxx(hannah)
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 02:29 PM
thats really true. No one is ugly, everyone is beautiful on the inside and if you knew it you wouldnt need compliments for your self confiedence...
Page:
Page 1 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatchDraw