Forum: General / dance.net salutes

Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3
re: Everyone: PLEASE stop saying you're UGLY! YOU'RE NOT!
By dance_princess09 Comments: 19, member since Sat Mar 26, 2005
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 09:01 AM
i definitely agree with this post. thank you for saying what everyone else has been thinking!
By princess_steffimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1513, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Thu May 04, 2006 10:29 AM
ha ha Im slightly embarassed now..In my salute I put;

its slightly blurry will it matter? hope you like it! i certainly dont!

*hides face*
ugly
By houndrfriendPremium member Comments: 636, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Wed May 10, 2006 11:19 PM
I will not say I am ugly/thats your idea/ but I dont like my own photographs.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Jun 22, 2006 07:46 PM
^Well, there's a difference between not liking your own pictures and complaining about them so other people will make you feel better about yourself. Other wise known as fishing for compliments.

I think it's quite easy to see the difference.
By AlyssaPremium member Comments: 1020, member since Tue Jul 04, 2006
On Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:41 AM
I agree. Thanks for posting this, it deserves to be a sticky. I hate when people say they`re ugly. Everyone loves them just the way they are, no need to fish out compliments to make you feel better.

Peace, Love, && Dance *

GOT_THE_POINTEx3
By wee_lucimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 377, member since Fri May 26, 2006
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 03:58 PM
I agree that people should stop saying that they are ugly but I dont think that this is just lookin for compliments.
x-luci-x
By tutulessmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5351, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 04:02 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
God made me pretty
What happened to you?

I'll put that under my next salute ;)

*hugs her little wannabe german speller*
By disco_roxymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 91, member since Mon Jun 12, 2006
On Tue Aug 01, 2006 06:42 AM
hehe yer i say the same stop say your ugly hehe xxxxRochellexxxxxxx
By rachbear73member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4523, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Wed Aug 02, 2006 06:40 AM
Ive just posted Cerys Salute and I have not said shes fat or ugly - mainly because she isnt. Shes my gorgeous girl as I call her.

Everyone has something good about them, it doesnt matter what you look like at the end of the day.

Rachael x
By Kerry_artymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 232, member since Wed Jun 14, 2006
On Fri Sep 01, 2006 05:35 PM
I agree. I mean, sometimes the person may actually mean it, they may just feel self-contious, but most of the time, as you said it's just coz their fishing for compliments. It irritates me when people to this. Especially when they keep on and on.

Kerry xx
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Tue Sep 05, 2006 03:31 PM
*hugs her little wannabe german speller*

Hey now. Just because my screen name is wrong doesn't mean I'm a horrible German speller. :P
By xdancer_kayleyxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 847, member since Sun May 28, 2006
On Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 AM
i agree with this post!
no one is ugly! but i can understand if someone really didnt like the way they looked in the pictire so said it, although, no 1 is really ugly!
xdancer_kayleyx
xxxxxx
By LeanBeanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 141, member since Wed Feb 07, 2007
On Tue Feb 20, 2007 09:40 AM
You are taking the words right out of my mouth. I don't like it when people put themselfs down like that. It matters how beautiful you are on the inside! Everyone can be beautiful on the inside if you would want to.

I already see a lot of beautiful people here.

Daphne
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 09:58 AM
i totally agree its like dude have some self respect!

Irenie
By pheebs17member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 530, member since Thu Dec 07, 2006
On Thu Jul 12, 2007 02:19 PM
If you thought you were ugly in the picture you wouldnt post it for all of us to see.
On Thu Jul 12, 2007 02:44 PM
^Exactly. Now if only people would understand that.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but since I made this post like what...2 years ago I haven't noticed so many I'm fat/ugly/stupid salute pics.
By dancing_sistasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 152, member since Fri Sep 09, 2005
On Mon Oct 29, 2007 02:01 PM
crazy_candy wrote:

hi,
i dont actually agree with this!
maybe people just point out there faults in the picture because they are insecure about the way they look, or they dont like the way they look in the picture so they point it out so they dont feel like you are saying it behind there back because they have already said it!
love candy x x
I AGREE CANDY

keeley xxx
By sodancedance Comments: 78, member since Mon Nov 12, 2007
On Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:19 AM
I completly agree.
By sodancedance Comments: 78, member since Mon Nov 12, 2007
On Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 AM
I completly agree.
By flexichelseamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 686, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Thu Feb 07, 2008 07:34 AM
karma too you both!....absoloutly excellent posts!....that is right everyone is beautiful like christina's song beautiful and you can't even say that animals are ugly because we're animals and we live on this planet world and we should not let all the bullies or mean people get us down..so don't be down stand up and say your beautiful in many ways#!

xchelseabx
By blazeyboopmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 129, member since Mon Feb 04, 2008
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 01:28 PM
Thank you for posting this,since everyone with a pic of themslves is always like, "look at how ugly I am!!!"
By Liv56 Comments: 51, member since Thu Jan 13, 2005
On Tue Apr 22, 2008 02:28 AM
I completly agree.
By sophie_wardmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 794, member since Fri Jun 22, 2007
On Sun May 04, 2008 08:44 AM
Hiyaa
That is soo true.
Just cause you want a compliment
It is wrong to do that.
You deserve a KARMA.
Sophie x
By x_Nic_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2157, member since Sun Jun 10, 2007
On Wed May 21, 2008 09:41 AM
I think the whole fishing-for-compliments thing depends on how you say it.

I mean, feel free to say "this isn't a great picture of me!" or "I was having a bad hair day!" or whatever. It's just friendly conversation thing, a bit of humour or personality to make people smile.

It's when people say "Here is my salute. I know, I'm so ugly! I need to lose weight as well, don't you think? I'm well ugly, aren't I?" that it's pretty much assuredly fishing for compliments. Especially if the person writing that is wearing a lot of make-up and posing from their best angle in the photograph. It's really frustrating seeing pictures where people complain about their appearance in the extremes yet are still posing and still choose to post it on the internet.

And I don't agree with what Candy said. Sometimes you can think a girl looks pretty, but as soon as she says "oh look at how ugly I am, look how bad my teeth are", it can make you look up and go "hmm, she does have pretty bad teeth...". That's just an example, I've never really come across anyone complaining about their teeth. But you get my gist.

crazy_candy wrote:

they point it out so they dont feel like you are saying it behind there back because they have already said it!

What, and that's any better?
By irishgirl26member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 429, member since Sun Sep 07, 2008
On Fri Sep 19, 2008 01:45 PM
thanks for this post. even if you do think you don't look great in the picture, don't broadcast it to the world.
Page:
Page 2 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatchDraw