Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop - Advanced

Hip Hop - Advanced
We are living in sad times (karma: 1)
By SpellieDev Comments: 480, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 06:43 PM

This is a response to an earlier post about clothes and "hip-pop" culture. A friend sent this to me and I swear I almost died laughing. Take a good long read at the testimonial section, it seems that teenage suburban white kids are the only ones buying this stuff.

Iced Out Gear Website:
www.icedoutgear.com

We are living in sad times....
-Dev

4 Replies to We are living in sad times

re: We are living in sad times
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 07:06 PM
LOL...
I got my "INVENT" belt buckle on there...
They actually advertise in Source magazine...
So white people aren't the only ones buying that sutff...

But I must say... the quality has gone down hill....
Invent
By iH0p Comments: 562, member since Wed Aug 04, 2004
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 07:54 PM
here is my question (that Invent could not answer)

now I've only seen this on TV but I suppose the stereotype or idea had to come from somewhere right? anyways, why is it that "gangstas" or "homies in da hood" wear giant hooded fur lined coats that are way too big for them even when it's not hot... is it to give them the appearance of a bear hunter? i don't get it... anyone got an explanation??

coppelia
By Invent Comments: 1693, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Mon Aug 15, 2005 08:03 PM
Actually...
I was listening to the radio the other morning (Yes... I listen to the radio...)
And Star, of the Star and Buckwild morning show... was saying how oversized hoodie sweaters started in brooklyn... from dudes that used to rob places... so their faces were covered... So they'd wear em whenever they needed to rob something, anytime of the year...
Star said "it's not cool to wear hoodie sweaters!!!"
He hosts a popular morning show on a popular hip-hop station... yet he's an intelligent man with a voice of his own...
Invent
By SpellieDev Comments: 480, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 01:25 AM
hahaha...i remember reading one of the testimonials and it said something like, i was a skinny ass white kid in the suburbs but now i'm the most popular guy in my school thanks to iced out gear! right...that's the kinda guy that'll be rockin the goblet at the prom...

since we're on the subject of ghetto fashon, what's the deal with rolling up one pant leg? i don't get it.

ReplySendWatch