Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol
By jazzitup16member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 04:17 PM

Hey , if any of you can do oversplitted split jumps, please give me tips on how to do it ? thanks!!!

39 Replies to Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol

re: Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol
By DanceWithMe663member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 04:20 PM
Well first you need your oversplits on the floor...
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 04:26 PM
first of all, you dont need to be so unfriendly! and second of all, i know that!!! i asked how to get them in the air!!
By linimaus
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 05:01 PM
Hi, i know how you feel...i had seen a friend of me and i said oh my God i want this too. So i run very fast (good warming up before) and then i jump. And now it works. I don't know if it's dangerous, so please be careful. Good luck and Bye
re: Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol (karma: 1)
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 06:15 PM
I want mine like this:
Image hotlink - 'http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/DancingBeaner/cup.bmp'

Haha I do but I would have to train super hard and super long.
Oh for getting an oversplit jump you have to of course achieve one standing or on the floor, and you have to practice jumping high and strong. Maybe try using ankle weights?
By webstArmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 06:41 PM
first of all, you dont need to be so unfriendly! and second of all, i know that!!! i asked how to get them in the air!!

Actually, that's not bad advice.

If you have the strength to get a flat jete in the air, the next step is getting better flexibility.

Work on oversplits with the front and back leg. If you only work one, it will be uneven.
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 08:04 PM
thanks guys, great advice!! i will definitely try all of this! thanks! ill let you know how it goes!
re: Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol (karma: 3)
By DanceWithMe663member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 08:36 PM
How was that unfriendly? You're the one that asked. God damn some people are so uptight.
re: Can anyone do this? if you can, please teach me! lol (karma: 2)
By Sarahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:34 AM
I fail to see anything unfriendly in the first comment.

You want unfriendly? I'll give you unfriendly...

"Okay loser well first of all you have to get your oversplits on the floor, DUH, are you some kind of idiot? EVERYBODY knows that holyyyy get some brains then come back and post here!"

THAT is unfriendly. DanceWithMe663 gave you advice in a perfectly friendly manner. I suggest that in the future you don't jump down other members' throats for no reason.
By dancin_chikamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 08:40 AM
Well, first off, oversplits on the floor. Second. when you go to do your granjete, rreally try to get you leg in front UP. the more power you can get into this leg, the higher your jump with be and you'll eventually gain enough strengh to get into an over split..but mostly, it just takes practice.
Its alot easier doing a grandjete with a developpe to get into an oversplit

Hope it helps

Joelle
By BadaylaPremium member
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:39 AM
Yes get them SUPER high on the floor that way when you jump upit most likely wontt go as high on the floor, but you still can have an oversplit jump!
By Dancerina_
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:15 PM
Well if you know how to do a split leap, and you have your oversplits, it shouldnt be to hard. The bigger your oversplits, the bigger your split leap will go. Its how most jumps go lol. :)
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 04:20 PM
in reply to dance with me and sarah, im sorry, i just got the feeling that some people on this site make you feel like your a bad dancer if you cant do certain things, like if you dont have a million pictures of yourself doing oversplits and russians and everything. sorry that im am still learning and maybe not as experienced. im probably just mad about my studio and taking it out on you guys . sorry.
ps : great comments guys!
By dance_line_girl
On Wed Aug 17, 2005 06:36 PM
how long does it usually take for someone to do an over split? then an oversplit jump? (i can do splits on the ground)
By LaCarlottamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 18, 2005 08:42 PM
heres an excersise, besides stretching your splits:

stand at the barre (in in centre for a challenge in balance), and begging in fofth position, do gran battemas to the front, then the back, switching feet. so if youre doing the right side, stand in fifth, kick your right leg front, then shift your weight, and kick your left leg back.
when you leap, you do the same thing, but you leap in the middle. understnad? yes?

and how did you get that picture of me?? jk. ;)

LaCarlotta
Mrs. Dominic Monaghan
By baby_ballerina3
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 06:08 AM
Before I start, I have to say that it won't happen over night. What you need to do, is be able to do the splits comforatbly. Warm up before doing this! Do them every day and you will get better and better. After you can do this, start playing around with your leaps. Try to lift your back leg a split second after your front, and just as high as you can!

Hope that helps,
Baby
By TapStar2
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 01:26 PM
i havent tryed this and dont no if it will work but i would try split leaping with ankle weights as someone else was saying i tryed it with side kicks and it seemed to work tell us how you do and gd luck babe xx TapStar2 xx keep dancing
By sam_dance45
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 01:39 PM
that looks really good i wish i could do that!!!

samdance45
By borndancer6
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 02:29 PM
hi jus like to say it, gud luk in doing it s called a jete when you do it in the air not oversplits x
READ ME
By Lizy36
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:44 PM
well, the way my amazingly gifted teacher taught them to me is to focus more on one leg at a time. my legs used to be really lopsided . my back one was never as high as the front so instead of fosusing on my front ley which is really flexible, i had to try and get my back leg up. im not exactly sure what your leaping problem is, but this was mine so i thought i would share. also you should do oversplits with your back leg on the mat as well as your front. this way you get an even stretch. hope i could help.
Elisabeth
By sam_dance45
On Sat Aug 20, 2005 04:12 PM
Just stretch a lot.
By dancin_elisemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 20, 2005 07:58 PM
In saying that you need your split leaps on the floor that probably means that to get a flat jete you need flat splits right? Well I had flat jetes years before I had flat splits :| I dont know why I'm just weird. And my friend can get her double jetes flat but not her normal jetes and she could do those before the splits too haha. We're weird what can I say ;)
By dancer8137
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 08:11 PM
i dont have any advice but i would just like to say thanks for the advice everyone cause all that stuff helped me get more flexible especially the ankle weights suggestion!
yeahh
By Xhollisterhunk
On Thu Sep 22, 2005 09:53 PM
you see, i used to just do regular leaps. but not i wanna do those. so i stretch like crazyy. its really cool when you actually do it...
By idreamofgucci
On Sun Sep 25, 2005 05:43 PM
OOH OOH I CAN I CAN. haha well first you need to have great oversplits on the floor.figure that for every 3 inches off the floor you have, you will be 1 inch past 180 degrees in a jump. also use a deep pliee because if you dont get up high enough, you'll never have time to get to an oversplit and back to a landing position. finally, make it sharp, it's easier to hit an oversplit if youre using a lot of power, floaty oversplit jumps are harder to do.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch Draw