Forum: General / Hip Hop / Freestyle

Who is a better popper/locker? Ginuwine or Omarion????
By jlmodel
On Fri Aug 19, 2005 09:16 PM

Personally..umm that is hard one. I think I would have to go with Ginuwine. They both are awesome but I think Ginuwine is a little more innovative. Check out his DVD. Watch the end of "In Those Jeans"-That dance sequence is awesome. Check out the video for "Pony". Specifically the intro. His moves are tight. Also...watch the end of "Same Ole' G". That dance move he does towards the end where Timberland is on the floor with him-That move is so original!!! I ain't done just yet:) View the ending of "Differences" and see how he pops at the end. His moves are original and fluid. What about his performance a few years ago on the "Essence" Awards where he used that old breakdance flow, now being used in The Yin Yang Twins and Pitbull song "Shake?" His performance was tight!!!!!

What do you all think???

JL

21 Replies to Who is a better popper/locker? Ginuwine or Omarion????

re: Who is a better popper/locker? Ginuwine or Omarion????
By RnB_Supastar17
On Wed Oct 05, 2005 02:00 PM
truthfully there both good ut i have to say omarion if you go back to his b2k day to where he is now you would see what im talking about
By jlmodel
On Wed Oct 05, 2005 08:13 PM
I hear ya. I don't know but yes I agree, they both are really good.

JL
By starlet_chic
On Sat Oct 15, 2005 03:39 AM
i think there both fab
starlet_chic
By LOCKIN_ADJATAY
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 05:16 PM
MAN FORGET THAT GINUWINE!!! IS THE BEST, THE REASON????? HE IS OLD AND NEW SCHOOL POP & LOCK. AND PLUS IF U REMEMBER NONE OF YOUR FRIENDS BUSINESS THE VIDEO???? HE COPIED TURBO'S MOVES, REMEMBER BREAKIN WHEN TURBO WAS POPPING WITH OUTSIDE THE STORE??? MAN GINUWINE IS THE ONLY POP & LOCKER TO COPY MOVES, AND I BET IF HE TRIED HE CAN REVERSE ALL HIS MOVE!!!!!!!
By Ajaye
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 01:07 PM
I do have to say Ginuwine wins this one. Omarion is nice but Ginuwine alround kicks Omarions &%#. One thing I am going to say. Copying moves has nothing to do with how good a dancer you are. mad people can copy that scene off the movie. Me and my crew watch and work on stuff all the time. Its plain technique and style that give ginuwine his edge over Omarion. His technique is 100% better than omarions hands down. Omarion doesnt show his technique as a popper as much as ginuwine does.

AND FOR THE 54TH TIME, ITS POPPING, NOT POP AND LOCK. LOCKING IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STYLE. AND THE STYLES DONT MIX.
omarion
By ShorT1
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 02:15 PM
thats not even a question that deserves an answer. Ginuwine has no type of skills. He only knows what he is tought, can he freestyle. HOLLA!!!!
By crack_n_da_flesh
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 09:37 AM
Yo, both are good dancers no doubt, but Ginuwine does get the edge, over O, because of his technique. both are really good, but G, got Omarion.
By jlmodel
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 09:45 AM
I totally agree. Both are good but Ginuwine is better. I don't know if a lot of people know this but years before he came out, in the 80's I believe, he was a professional breakdancer with the group The Finesse Five in D.C. I think because of that and the fact, eventhough he always denies it, he used to strip in D.C., has a lot to do with how he dances. The man is just tight.

JL
By Ajaye
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 08:33 PM
omarion
By ShorT1 Comments: 21, member since Wed Nov 16, 2005
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 02:15 PM

thats not even a question that deserves an answer. Ginuwine has no type of skills. He only knows what he is tought, can he freestyle. HOLLA!!!!

Ok let think about what you just sad for a minute. Now If you were anywhere near or even older than me and have some sence of what popping really is you should know this ,(im 18 by the way). Now to finish what I was saying. Omarion does not do what we would cann popping in his videos, He mixes routine freestyle(newstyle) and popping. And I have yet to see him just straight pop.

Ginuwine, He does the same but better and with better style. And for your info, He freestyles in "None of your friends business", "so anxious", "Whats so different", and JUST ABOUT all his videos. It may have been a while ago but overall ginuwine would bust almost all of these artist behinds including usher and chris brown. So please rethink your statment and come again.
By JoStar
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 04:33 PM
Ginuwine fa'sho!!!
By jlmodel
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 04:36 PM
Dang right!!! That's what I am talking about!!!!

JL
By AyDee
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 09:38 PM
i feel that neither of them are poppers. and DEFINITLY not lockers.

but i guess ill root for ginuwine.
By Mickii
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 07:20 AM
omarion
By x_o_x_o_babii
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 07:08 PM
i think both of them are equally as good =]
By borndancer6
On Tue Jan 03, 2006 07:34 AM
Omarion definatly

He amkes it luk really easy and hes got a good body

becki xx
r u for real boi
By slick_individual
On Fri Jan 06, 2006 07:17 AM
OMARION dont even question it boi lol love ya jordan x x x x x
By Cooperklan
On Tue Jan 10, 2006 04:02 PM
i cant believe you even asked that question of course its omarion!! genuwine aint got nothin on omarion
By hiphop4lyfe
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:03 PM
Omarion is good. But he isn't as fluid with his moves as Ginuwine is. Ginuwine does his moves so much smoother than omarion and his style of popping does seem original.
By jlmodel
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 07:47 PM
I totally agree with you. Ginuwine is much smoother and fluid with his moves than O. His style is original and different. I like seeing artists do things you've never seen or rarely see.

J to the L
By MemphisOriginalE
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 05:54 PM
I'll have to say Ginuwine ova Omarion because for some reason, in my opinion, it seems that Ginuwine is more versatile than Omarion. Blessins
By Cooperklan
On Fri Jan 27, 2006 02:12 PM
anybody who is anybody would know that as far as "pop&lock" it would be ginuwine cuz omarion can pop but he is mostly known for his gliding then his popping. but then again omarion seems to do a lot more than ginuwine could ever do! so my vote is omarion

ReplySendWatch Draw