Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

Beauty
How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows! (karma: 31)
By dancingbeth Comments: 2252, member since Sat Jul 09, 2005
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 05:10 AM
Edited by dancingbeth (135503) on 2005-08-23 05:55:50
Edited by dancingbeth (135503) on 2005-08-23 06:00:41
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-09-12 20:38:11

Eyebrow grooming is one of the most vital steps that go into making you look great. A well-shaped set of eyebrows can completely alter your look. A different shape of eyebrows also means a different permanent expression and a good shape implies a good permanent expression. A lot of people overlook the fundamentals and the importance of well-groomed eyebrows and wonder goes wrong with their look.

:)

Getting your perfect eyebrow to suit your face

1. Neaten the hairs with a brow brush so you can see where plucking is needed.

2. If you hold a pencil vertically up the side of your nose, your brow should start in line with this pencil. Hold the pencil still and gently turn it at a 45 degree angle. Where the pencil touches the browbone is where your eyebrow should finish.

3. Invest in a pair of tweezers. Firmly grasp the hair by the root and pull in the direction of the hair growth.

Top tips

- Tweezing after a steamy bath or shower will open up your pores and make it less painful to pluck out the hairs.

- Try not the pluck from above the brow, only from underneath. Don't pluck too much, you will look permantly shocked!

- If you are not quite sure of whether the shape you were thinking of would look good on you, use some brown eyeliner to pencil on the shape you were thinking of. If you like it, use it as a guide to where you are going to pluck away hairs.

- Tea tree oil and ice are great for calming down redness and soreness afterwards.

- Don't pluck when you are on or before your period, it will hurt more as you become more sensitive - ouchy!

- If your brows are fairly short, lengthen them with an eyeshadow the same colour as the hairs.

-To start with try to find out what shapes you really admire. Getting inspired from your T.V and Silver screen idols is not a bad idea. Make a list if you wish to do so.

- Find out what shape suits your face. Arched eyebrows generally make facial features better defined and accentuated. Round shaped eyebrows have a softer more innocent look. The new rage are the curved eyebrows that can be spotted on anyone from Oprah Winfrey to Jennifer Anniston amongst others. Then there are the flat ones which basically are resorted to when no other shape is possible or as per preference. Extremely thin eyebrows have also been found to be popular amongst some ramp models lately. You have to decide what effect your face needs. Oval faces can carry any shape well but curved eyebrows look exceptional. Round faces need a little sharpness and edge therefore arched eyebrows are the best. Square and rectangle shaped faces do well with round eyebrows just as well. If you’ve made a list tick off the choices that don’t go well with your face and maintain the rest.

Beth :D

113 Replies to How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows!

re: How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows!
By Truffle Comments: 2009, member since Wed Dec 22, 2004
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 09:58 AM
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. This should be a sticky! It would help a lot of people.

"A" :D
re: How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows! (karma: 2)
By jillybeans53member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 766, member since Thu Nov 20, 2003
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:16 PM
Another test to do with the pencil... hold it vertically next to the outside of the iris (the colored part of the eye) and that's where the arch should start.

That's a great post, It'll definitely help alot of people!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 02:39 PM
Please cite your sources, and then I'll be more then happy to make this a sticky! :D
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 05:56 PM
"2. If you hold a pencil vertically up the side of your nose, your brow should start in line with this pencil. Hold the pencil still and gently turn it at a 45 degree angle. Where the pencil touches the browbone is where your eyebrow should finish."

I was always told to line something up with the inside and outside corner of my eye, rather than trying to do angles, heh.
By MichelleTilleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5388, member since Sat Dec 18, 2004
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 06:00 PM
hiya!

thankyou for that its defo helped!

michelle
oxoxoxox
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:39 AM
Um, I got the bit about how eyebrows affect your face from www.ultimate-cosmetics.com . . .

The rest of it I just got from tips from beauticians in my family and things :)

By MelleLuvsDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 391, member since Tue Jun 07, 2005
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 01:17 PM
Thanks that was great advice! I've always had perfect eyebrow but recently I got into a doozy! One eye brow is too short and they don't seem to match!
By buhbamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 887, member since Mon May 16, 2005
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 02:19 PM
*shouts* Sticky Please*
That was really helpful! Ahh i wanna go pluck, im only i could find my tweezers . . .
By pointeless467member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 351, member since Thu Jul 22, 2004
On Wed Aug 24, 2005 06:03 PM
Great post, one question though - how exactly do I apply the eyeshadow if I want my eyebrows longer? Like, along with the current shape, or just fill in where needed?

Stupid question, I know, but I just didn't get it. Silly me. :?
On Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:58 AM
You just sorta put it next to the eyebrow or where the hair is very thin so you can't see it, and sort of blend it into your eyebrow with a finger :)

By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Aug 25, 2005 02:35 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'm horrible about keeping my eyebrows groomed. I just need give them a good plucking more often.
On Fri Aug 26, 2005 02:29 AM
I know, I always used to forget lol, but I think I've killed some of the hair folicules now so i don't have to do as many hairs :)

By lackingserenity Comments: 62, member since Fri Aug 26, 2005
On Fri Aug 26, 2005 04:44 PM
hey great tips...some of these i have heard before but there were a few i hadn't =] thanks for the post
By leap2livemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2308, member since Wed Feb 09, 2005
On Mon Sep 12, 2005 08:44 PM
Odd, I made a similar post, and no one made it a sticky :?
By chicky13 Comments: 689, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Tue Sep 13, 2005 03:31 PM
thanks! this is great! i just wish i knew this before i started tweezing my eyebrows. the first time i did it was without permission and i tweezed them too short. they grew back just fine though. thanks though for the tips!;)
By FunkyFeet_Dancer Comments: 1279, member since Thu Jul 22, 2004
On Wed Sep 14, 2005 02:14 PM
Hiya

Yay it's finally a sticky!!
It's a very helpful and kind post!! :D
I'm rubbish at keeping my eyebrows neat!

Love Lauren xx
By acroqueen Comments: 300, member since Fri Sep 10, 2004
On Fri Sep 16, 2005 08:56 AM
Not to start a fight or anything,but personally I think grooming your eye brows is lame.

1:Why cant we just love ourselves and stop worrying about the little things.

2:For all you fashion holics out there, thick eye brows is in right now.REALLY!

3:Why do we pluck our Brows?That I cant answer.
On Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:07 PM
Sorry to make you annoyed. I did it because there was lots of boards on it, so I thought I'd clear up everyones questions. Some people like groomed eyebrows, some people don't. I'm not telling everyone they have to go out and do it, its just that I'm giving them advice if they want to :)

By acroqueen Comments: 300, member since Fri Sep 10, 2004
On Sun Sep 18, 2005 03:19 PM
I undererstand.Sorry If I sounded rude in my other post
By highland_girl19member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 952, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 05:52 PM
ooo... this is helpful... I need to shape mine again soon, they're looking disasterous... I hate the family eyebrows.
Thanx again

Meg
Reply to: How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows!
By Dancer57730member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 211, member since Sat Oct 08, 2005
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:28 AM
dancingbeth,

Thanks for posting this info. I'm not a stickler for perfectly groomed eyebrows, but I do like to keep them looking nice. I have a question though: you mentioned filling in with eyeshadow--does that really work? My mom sells cosmetics, but I've never heard of using more than a brow pencil to fill in or add length. You see, I have a section on each eyebrow (more defined on my left) that has like NO hairs. I fill it in with a brow pencil, and it looks okay, but still. Which is better to use: eyeshadow or brow pencil? Thanks.

Signed, Sealed, and Sent,
With Peace, Love, and Dance,
~~~Dancer57730
On Mon Oct 10, 2005 01:03 AM
You can use them both but eyeshadow gives a much softer feel than a pencil.

Reply to: How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows!
By Dancer57730member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 211, member since Sat Oct 08, 2005
On Mon Oct 10, 2005 06:14 PM
dancingbeth,

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it ASAP! :)

Signed, Sealed, and Sent,
With Peace, Love, and Dance,
~~~Dancer57730
By imaspecialone127 Comments: 75, member since Sun Jan 02, 2005
On Wed Oct 12, 2005 02:48 PM
thank you!

I've been trying to find some good information and tips on eyebrow tweezing and didn't have to look any farther than your post!

-caitlin
Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatchDraw