Forum: Advice / Beauty

Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: How to get perfectly groomed eyebrows!
By iheartmy2dancers Comments: 36, member since Mon Nov 14, 2011
On Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 AM
Im very new to this site but I came across this thread and since I am an aesthetician (and specialize in waxing) I thought I would give my two cents...

First of all there is NO completly painless way to wax or tweeze, if there was I would be a billionaire! LOL A couple little helpful hints... no caffine before waxing (opens up the capillaries)which can cause more sensitivity... waxing on or right before your period can cause more sensitivity, take a couple ibuprofen before your appt, but the most important advice I can give you is go to a professional!!! One that you know is clean and sterile. There is a reason you need a license to wax! Especially for eyebrows! I cant tell you how many clients I see that tell me they over tweezed there brows and they never grew back the same! Threading is a great alternative for people who cannot wax due to allergies, meds, chemically treated skin, some antibiotics... but tweezing (IMO) is the best way to get the best shape for each client... Hope I have helped and feel free to ask me anything :)
By pink67 Comments: 21, member since Tue Jan 24, 2012
On Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 AM
thanks for the info , I was thinking of getting mines waxed x
By marym1 Comments: 20, member since Sun Sep 11, 2011
On Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:58 AM
this is great advice i will keep it in mind your right eyebrows do complete your whole look
By beccaboxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 21, member since Sat Feb 11, 2012
On Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 PM
This has probably been said before but i would definitely recommend getting eyebrows professionally waxed once and then tweezing them afterwards to keep up the shape. It will (hopefully) only cost you once and you never have to go through the pain of tweezing HEAPS of little hairs in one go as they grow back at different times. plus, a professional will have good idea of how your eyebrows should be shaped and the thickness etc and many wont be afraid to hurt your feelings if they think you'll look dumb!! :)
By primaballerine Comments: 201, member since Thu Apr 09, 2009
On Fri Mar 23, 2012 02:59 PM
www.youtube.com . . .

^ Saw this video about eyebrows on YouTube earlier this week. Great tips for getting the perfect eyebrows! Tiffany D has other eyebrow videos that you can search for on her channel, too.
By natasha_neason Comments: 23, member since Thu May 12, 2011
On Mon Jul 02, 2012 01:16 PM
I also love MAC eyebrow pen, its like a felt tip and gives a really professional looking finish
By ash007 Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 24, 2012
On Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:08 PM
great! thanks for this, really helped me out! keep up the good advice!
By eileen2 Comments: 21, member since Sun Jul 18, 2010
On Wed Aug 22, 2012 06:50 PM
This has been so valuable I will be following your advice Thank you
By GlitzAgain Comments: 22, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Fri Sep 07, 2012 02:15 AM
Thanks for the tips! I also love watching youtube.com videos to have people show you how to apply eyebrow makeup as well. Looks very Kardashian like.
By Chelsie1 Comments: 4, member since Fri Aug 31, 2012
On Mon Sep 17, 2012 04:57 PM
thanks this will help me alot x
By gleepglop27 Comments: 20, member since Fri Aug 03, 2012
On Wed Dec 19, 2012 05:21 PM
Thanks! this is great advice. I've never been good with the tweezers.
By prettypointed Comments: 9, member since Wed Oct 16, 2013
On Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 PM
Always remember to pluck the random strays days after. Fill in your brows to get more of a pop and defined look. Also pluck before bed so your brow area isn't red from plucking in the morning
By dancedance27 Comments: 39, member since Wed Oct 23, 2013
On Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:19 PM
Oh my gosh! I wish I had these tips when I was younger! I tried to do mmy eyebrows when I was 10 and messed them up so badly! Now that I am older my one eyebrow still doesnt look right to me.
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Mon May 26, 2014 11:07 AM
Great advice as my mum pays for mine to be threaded and this will save her some money. Thanks
Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatchDraw