Forum: Arts / Religion

Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: *prayer requests*
By SOADftwmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2654, member since Mon Aug 20, 2007
On Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:49 PM
*raises hand*

I would like to request some prayers for myself. My now-ex-fiance decided to end things with me, I didn't get accepted into nursing school after working my butt off for it, I'm pretty much alone now, and I'm really having a hard time with things because my plans for the future have been washed away and I'm frankly quite scared about not knowing what lies ahead. I also am struggling with anorexia trying to creep back into my life after three years out of the hospital, and I fear my depression and OCD is returning as well. I'm just having a really tough time right now, and it feels like if anything else happens I just might break.
By nodoubt_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1510, member since Thu May 13, 2004
On Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:12 PM
Please I need help. Help me God please help me.
By happyguava Comments: 39, member since Sun Mar 09, 2008
On Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 PM
I would appreciate prayers at the moment. I'm going through what you could perhaps call a "spiritual identity crisis". I've been brought up Christian but something made me want to look into other religions recently and now I don't know. I'm kind of scared.
By SOADftwmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2654, member since Mon Aug 20, 2007
On Sun Apr 06, 2008 09:45 PM
I hope someone reads this between now and 11 hours from now...

I have a huge exam in physiology, Monday April 7th at 9am (lol - not to be specific or anything). I've studied as much as I can but I still feel incredibly unprepared. Please Lord help me with test anxiety, that I don't forget all this knowledge that I've worked so hard to put into my brain...

Also prayers for a friend's step mom who is going through some very hard times.

Last but not least, one of my best friends who is struggling to cope with my newfound love of Christ. The things she says are hurting me, and the things she is doing are hurting her. I pray that You may find her heart Lord and please allow her to become tolerant of my beliefs and that she may open her mind to You.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Tue May 13, 2008 09:33 AM
Does anyone read these anymore?

On Tuesday, May 13th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern time, I'm having a medical procedure and I'm SCARED!

If anyone is reading this, please pray for me. I hope the procedure is not as painful as traumatic as I expect it to be, and I hope the results are negative for cancer.

Thank you,

Maria
By dreamit_danceit Comments: 23, member since Fri Jun 29, 2007
On Thu Jun 19, 2008 04:35 AM
HI Guys, I would love for you all 2 pray for my sistre, an amazing dancer who was in a car crash a yearago and is still struggling with her injuries such as a twisted back muscle and fractured scull.
I have also just had knee surgery and would love if u could pray that I recover so i can dance again, Im going back to hospital next friday and would love to be healed :)

HOpe everyone is ok and prayers are being answered!

xxxxxx
By soulfiremember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 870, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 PM
hey everyone. this friday i am headed down to tijuanna to do a mission with a bunch of friends. if you guys could prayer for us and our safety and taht we would touch lives down there and that our lives would be touched. there are a few coming with us who are going throguh really tough times and really struggling with stuff and a few who aren't christians but are riiiiight on the brink of a life changing leap so if you guys could pray EXTRA hard that God would just give em a good ol shove.

THANKS!!!!
My Friend Katie
By newtoballet Comments: 3404, member since Sat Feb 16, 2002
On Tue Jul 08, 2008 03:24 AM
My friend Katie has been battling cancer. She just found out it went into her spine. Please pray for her if you can. She is a very nice person. THANK YOU VERY MUCH :) :).
By Miyuki_chanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1496, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 06:27 PM
Please pray for the family of an Irish dancer from KKO in NY. She slipped from a rock cliff and fell 40 feet yesterday. She was taken off of life support this afternoon, and her organs are being donated. Please pray that her family and friends get through this tough time
By danzadancer2285 Comments: 1030, member since Wed Jul 11, 2007
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 09:24 PM
Edited by danzadancer2285 (182484) on 2008-07-22 21:25:41
^Oh wow, that is awful! I will definitely be praying for their family.

/End slight hijack
By MrsFinnigan Comments: 8044, member since Mon Aug 12, 2002
On Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:14 PM
Edited by MrsFinnigan (35713) on 2008-07-27 22:15:33
Yes, the Irish dance community has sustained two losses in a mere matter of a couple of days.

It makes my own problems seem rather paltry by comparison. Nonetheless, my husband is awaiting word on a nice job in either radiation containment or nuclear analysis, but is at the moment unemployed.

We also discovered a bad mold infestation in our home, requiring at least a couple of rooms to be gutted and completely remodeled. Conservative estimates say this will cost in the neighborhood of $15,000. We obviously cannot afford that, but as mold has a tendency to spread throughout a house, we can't afford to wait, either.

Our homeowner's insurance denied the claim, too.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Wed Jul 30, 2008 04:01 PM
Hi everyone. I would like for everyone to pray for me that I find a new job that is full-time, as I am currently only working part-time one day a week at a retail job that I hate. And I can't get anymore hours at the moment, which really stinks. I can do medical, business, legal transcription; reception; data entry; secretarial work, etc... I would very much love to be back in my line of work - clerical.

I will keep you all in my prayers as well. Thank you for praying for me. *HUGS* to you all.

Love always,

begstretcher2008 :)
On Thu Sep 25, 2008 04:50 PM
Please pray for my friend. She tried committing suicide last week and ended up in the hospital. She's recovered and is back in school, but she is facing an extraordinary amount of stress, most of it having to do with the military not letting her take a medical leave of absence.

Also I ask for prayers for myself, things are getting a little overwhelming and I've never been under so much stress...
By askling Comments: 53, member since Thu Sep 11, 2008
On Fri Oct 10, 2008 09:36 PM
Our youth gurpe is making the change to a student ministry. Also our Youth minister just had a baby (her names Anna Faith and she's so cute.), and were so happy for him and his wife and we just hope everything is going to be ok with them.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Wed Dec 10, 2008 07:24 PM
My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer. We don't know specifics yet, but it does run in our family pretty seriously. We're hoping we caught it early enough.

Prayers are very needed and much appreciated. :)
By Mysticalldancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 679, member since Thu Feb 05, 2004
On Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 AM
so I usually don't do this sort of thing (asking for prayer requests)

last nite my friend from work's fiance (of 5 years) years was rushed to the er. No one knows the specifics as she's in shock, as is the rest of the family. He had to have emergency brain surgery. this morning he slipped into a coma. something happened where they began to say he wouldn't make it, and my friend was left with the decision to pull him off life support or keep him on longer. Before the decision was made he passed away.

he has left behind an amazing fiance, and two kids. a daughter who will be four in a few months and a son who just turned 5 months. they were in the process of buying their first house, and also finally getting married (they were supposed to be married a year after their engagement but he was struck by lightening, and then between car accidents, and her father's passing a year ago, the wedding kept being put off)

but if someone could just pray for her, her kids, and her family it would mean a lot.

thanks xox
On Tue Feb 10, 2009 09:15 AM
My husband was hired by a company a couple of states away. Two months later, they still haven't given him a starting date, and I'd already organized and paid for a trip this weekend to visit him.

Pray that he'll have the starting date and we can move him down this weekend.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:49 PM
Could someone pray to St Anthony(or if your not Catholic just pray in general) for my lost car keys? I'm stuck a hundred miles from home until I find them.
By DancingDiva736member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3589, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Fri Mar 13, 2009 01:24 PM
I've found out this week that both my uncle and cousin have been diagnosed with cancer. We are trying to stay on the positive side and the outlook for both is good, but any prayers would be appreciated.
On Thu Apr 09, 2009 09:55 PM
A regular checkup turned out more eventful than I would have liked. I get to go to the hospital for further testing Monday. It's not very likely, but I still don't want to be another Pink Ribbon poster girl.
On Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 PM
The cysts that my doctor insisted needed to be looked into for some reason did not appear in any of the imaging. They did the mammogram twice and followed that up with two ultrasounds just to make sure. Everything is normal. The lumps are gone.
By Natz2 Comments: 676, member since Thu Oct 02, 2003
On Tue Jul 21, 2009 01:10 PM
I am writing to request a prayer for myself. I'm going through a rough time recently. I'm hoping they can find the cause of all this pain as it sucks. The diagnosis keeps changing each time I go.

I just feel like I need some extra support on this.
By PepStep Comments: 20, member since Wed Aug 12, 2009
On Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 AM
Please pray for my Grandma. She has just had hip replacement surgery and is not expected to be able to go back home. She will be living in an assisted living home. She is 93 and has lived a good life, christian but for some reason God is not done with her yet. Thank you.
By Ellen_Eliz Comments: 1090, member since Sun May 01, 2005
On Sat Sep 12, 2009 09:44 PM
PLEASE pray for my cousin, Amy. She has twin boys who are 2 years old, and she's been diagnosed with breast cancer. It doesn't look good. Her idiot husband is also leaving her, afraid, we guess, of the expense of her disease.

Her sister got married today, and Amy was the maid of honor. She looked ok, but she obviously wasn't feeling good. She's having horrible reactions to the chemo and steroids and I feel so bad for her. It really depresses me and I feel awful just thinking about it. So please keep her in your prayers.
re: *prayer requests
By irishdancer19 Comments: 271, member since Thu Oct 23, 2008
On Thu Sep 24, 2009 06:54 PM
Please pray for a family at my church who is spending the last few weeks with their father/husband, who has been battling cancer. They are a wonderful family and this is a VERY hard time for them.

thank you everyone
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch