Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: The Ultimate Guide to Time-Management Skills!
By jmcn_angel Comments: 21, member since Thu Jul 20, 2006
On Sat Jul 22, 2006 07:29 PM
wow thank u soo much for posting this. I was beginning to stress myself out thinking about my upcoming junior year, wit honors classes, SATs dance, sports, clubs and everything else. your article definately jus went into my favorites so i can refer back to it.
By hypernicitymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 38, member since Tue Mar 28, 2006
On Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:48 PM
you. are. a goddess.

ive been freaking out about this year because i am taking on more than i ever have before, and i have some serious procrastination issues. i hope this post never comes down because you can be sure i will be visiting it every 2 weeks to remind myself to keep my priorities in tact.
By ballet_twin_2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 472, member since Sat Mar 10, 2007
On Sat Jun 16, 2007 07:27 AM
Wow! That's a wonderful post! This will really help me out!
By lildancinchick1 Comments: 52, member since Mon Jun 13, 2005
On Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 PM
This post is wonderful. I already use several of your tips but a few more never hurts with my schedule. I dance competitively and practice is 4 nights a week on top of all AP and honors courses at school so the homework and dance is tough, but I have to say above all I love that you added friend and personal time because I have come to find out the hard way that is often the hardest to fit in yet the most important.
By Darsi Comments: 22, member since Fri Jul 09, 2004
On Thu Sep 27, 2007 01:16 PM
Excellent advice for teen dancers. You do have a lot of juggling to do, and you're so right to get the work done first!

Comment #6482502 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2007-10-04 14:45:29 Your comments have been removed and your comment total reset.

By dancinmachine462 Comments: 18, member since Mon Nov 05, 2007
On Mon Nov 05, 2007 07:58 PM
this sounds so much like me! im in love with lists! i dance all the time (18 hoursish) work at my studio (assisting classes) and am in all honors in middle school. this sounds just like my life. im glad to see that there are people out there that have as crazy of a schedule as i do. this website it so relatable!
By st_88_keys Comments: 27, member since Sun Nov 25, 2007
On Sun Dec 02, 2007 03:02 PM
This post is so great! I have piano, organ, voice, dance, and twirling lessons each week, plus finding time for practice, homework, friends, and my boyfriend. It's so difficult! I'm such a list-a-holic lol. I live by lists. If you can't keep track of anything else in this post, just make a list. That's the best advice anyone has ever given me.
By DotDotDot Comments: 60, member since Thu Jan 10, 2008
On Sat Feb 02, 2008 05:07 PM
This is a great post! Thanks!

I would like to add something, if you don't mind. You know how your teacher yells at people often about how they're wasting time by talking, or when he/she is getting organized for a minute? Do your homework then! You can find a whole lot of time to get stuff done while you're teacher is talking about things that don't apply to you, or not really doing anything at all. Also, if there are days when you're like "OMG Tonight is my busiest night this week and I have so much more homework than usual!" do it at lunch. You don't have to do that every day if you'd rather talk to your friends, but every once in a while if you're just having one of those days then it won't hurt.

Thanks again for this post! I hope my input helps. :)
By cdsdanceforever Comments: 19, member since Sun Sep 07, 2008
On Sun Oct 26, 2008 07:50 PM
This was incredibly helpful! Thanks so much. :) I think there's always just little obvious things that we all know, that we just don't apply to our lives. This was inspiring! I get SO stressed out. This year has been so hard to get through. Plus, I'm getting a job soon, so everything is just so incredibly stressful. I'm starting to organize everything though and starting to make everthing work so I'm not as stressed out!

Helpful tip: Find a "phrase" that gets you motivated! I am the worst procrastinator. So, I always just think to myself "Just do it." Like the nike logo! You know, the check mark! That's my motivation. I actually think I'm going to go write it in my agenda soon. haha, it's just something helpful that makes me think to myself that I need to do it.

:) Thanks again girl!
By dance_marketing Comments: 21, member since Wed Dec 17, 2008
On Fri Dec 19, 2008 09:19 AM
This is a great article you have written. Congratulations for realizing what it takes so early in the game. I am sure you are going to do well in college and if you are still wondering what to do when you grow up you should probably consider something in the lines of project management.
By Ostentatious Comments: 100, member since Sun Nov 16, 2008
On Sun Feb 01, 2009 07:15 AM
Thank you. I'm hopeless with time management. I'm totally going to try these tips.
By dancestar88551 Comments: 20, member since Fri Oct 02, 2009
On Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 PM
This is really helpful, and there is a lot of really great advise on this. A lot of people are definitly thankful for it thats for sure!
good job and thanks for posting this! :)
By KingofhePremium member Comments: 15, member since Sat Aug 14, 2004
On Wed May 26, 2010 08:09 AM
You guys check the free video on time management for dancers.. very cool
www.rgdance.com
By kitri4life Comments: 33, member since Tue Nov 09, 2010
On Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:26 PM
that was so helpful! and since your looking for a job, ever consider seceratary? because you seem like you would be a really good one!
By lovedanse Comments: 51, member since Thu Jun 09, 2011
On Wed Jul 20, 2011 07:22 PM
Thank you times a million. I am such a bad procrastinator... Seriously, I even got this workbook out of the library about kicking procrastination in the butt, but then I ended up procrastinating my homework because of the book. Its a never ending cycle.
By happybun Comments: 1, member since Mon Aug 01, 2011
On Mon Aug 01, 2011 03:17 AM
Hello,

Thanks so much for this post :)

School and homework gets so much in the way that I have to wake up at 5:30AM to dance. I'm very dedicated and I'm pretty sure so many other dancers here are too.

Thanks again for this post and to everyone else here, DON'T GIVE UP! :)
By Bobbypins Comments: 22, member since Mon Apr 08, 2013
On Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:34 PM
Well put, this sets put clearly some strategies I could use to get myself on track and make te most of my time, thanks.
By LyraOdette Comments: 69, member since Sun Apr 21, 2013
On Wed May 22, 2013 07:26 PM
THANK YOU!
One of the main reasons I'm terrified for starting dance is that I won't have as easy a schedule as I do now. This is so helpful, and I already practice a lot of these tips. Realizing that one can get good grades (important to me and my family) and be a dancer is so gratifying.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatchDraw