Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3
re: First Competition Information
By Smetana Comments: 49, member since Thu Jul 04, 2013
On Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:37 PM
Thanks so much for all this great info! Our daughter is entered in her very first competition next week. So this is perfect for me to print out.
Just one question: Why is it more desirable for the dancer to dance later in his or her group?
On Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:39 PM
Thanks so much for all this great info! Our daughter is entered in her very first competition next week. So this is perfect for me to print out.
Just one question: Why is it more desirable for the dancer to dance later in his or her group?
On Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 PM
So sorry for the double post. I posted this from my phone and it must have had a hiccup. Is there anyway to delete one of them? Thanks!
By highland_dancer5 Comments: 217, member since Mon Mar 10, 2014
On Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 AM
This post is very well written, every new dancer should read this.
By Lennoxcastle Comments: 6, member since Thu Aug 21, 2014
On Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:56 AM
Great post, full of helpful info. A few timesaving tidbits if I may:

1. At most competitions, they have Highland sales at a table or a booth. Invest a few dollars in a bun, a formed soft hair piece that you place on your dancers head and you pull their hair through and pin it under. It gives you a uniform, clean look. It is so worth the money.

2. I invested in a travel bag with a prop up clothes rack. It allowed me to place all of our change of clothes for my two dancers neatly on the rack and it helped us save so much time between dances. It also helped us check to make sure everything was together before packing it away. Keeps clothes very tidy.

3. It is a small thing, but my dancers also put on two pairs of their undergarments, one white and one black. If they dance Highland first, they have white underneath and black on top. They come off the stage and pull off their black underwear and have the white ready to go for Nationals. Again, it saves time and it is one less thing they could possibly forget.
Page:
Page 3 of 31 2 3

ReplySendWatch