Forum: Folk / Belly Dance

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Zill FAQ!
By Zorba Comments: 73, member since Tue Dec 02, 2003
On Fri Nov 16, 2007 04:19 PM
"it doesn't matter if you store your zills in a plastic bag or a cloth one"

Not exactly true. If you want your zills to go 'au natural', store them in a loose weave cloth bag. If you want to keep them shiny, store them in as airtight a container as you can. This will greatly reduce, but NOT eliminate, the need to polish them. The little bags Saroyan sells are pretty good, and are what I use with mine. A small ziploc bag, while hardly glamorous, would work even better.

As for blue fingers: "If you're fingers aren't blue, the zills will fly off of you!" - yes it is possible to play/perform with looser zills; but like most dancers, I don't want to think/worry about it so I make them tight. I haven't heard of a dancer losing hir fingers from tight zills yet!
re: Zill FAQ!
By Shahravar Comments: 8, member since Mon Jan 28, 2008
On Mon Jan 28, 2008 09:42 AM
Yallah Zafat!
I Heart Zills! I have found that if you use a wider elasic it really takes the cut out of the tightness. Try at least a half an inch. I like to tie mine I place a lipstick or marker under the zill and double knot...then trim the excess. If the zills are rather flat youwill have to sew them. then just step touch step touch step touch step touch...RLR RLR RLR RLR RLR RLR RLR on and on until youcan layer then move on to other combos! WEEEE !
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch