Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: Pet Loss Support/Memorial Thread
By Garnet_18member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 923, member since Mon Jun 02, 2003
On Fri Jun 30, 2006 06:40 PM
Awe. :(

Recently I've lost 3 pets..
I had a dog named Benji since I was 1 and a 1/2 years old and he was very sick and old last December. He could barely move, he was deaf, he was going blind, he had cancerous lumps, and he threw up anything he ate. Eventually we had to put him down on New Years Eve when he was 16.
I also had a cat named Maggie whom I loved dearly. She had been sick ever since we put down Benji and she wouldn't eat anything. Eventually she because so thin we took her to the vet and she weighed in at 3 lbs due to kidney failure so we had to put her down at the age of 11, in March 2006. I miss her so much because she was the one of my cats that slept with me every night on my pillow.
And last but not least I had a hamster named Flower, I called her Hammy, and we only had her for about a year but she died a couple weeks ago. I miss holding her and letting her run around in her ball on the floor. :(

Rest in peace. < 3
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 752, member since Tue May 09, 2006
On Thu Jul 06, 2006 03:07 AM
:( I sympathise with all who have lost their pets, I lost my guinea pigs when I was young and my hamster last year :(

R.I.P Rosie, Tilly and Bradley
By dapper_tapper Comments: 68, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Thu Jul 20, 2006 06:36 AM
I'm sorry for everyones losses. I know how sad it is to lose a pet, I've lost a dear Guinea Pig, Tinkerbel...A Dog, Bear...A Budgie, Milo...And a Hamster, Panda. Also I had a very sweet Kitten named Cheka, but my mom gave her away. :(
I try to think aobut my pets being in heaven because God says that everythng that makes you happy will be there.
I could never be happy iwhtout my pets!
By Riellemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1280, member since Sat Jul 08, 2006
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 06:18 AM
My cat died at 19 years old. It was hard to let him go because I had taken care of him since he was a baby. He was grey and very nice. He was always kind to everyone and when I put my hand on his paw he would give me a lot of kisses and then he would put his paw on my hand. He always followed me around and I really, really, really miss him.

:C
By adobe711member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 416, member since Wed Jun 09, 2004
On Wed Aug 02, 2006 07:42 PM
On July 28, my kitty Isaac passed away. We had had him for 18 years, and he was older than me, so it was quite a loss.

But now I feel horribly guilty about, well, not feeling sad enough. I loved him very much, but since he had a disease, I had gotten used to the idea of him going sooner than later. And my mum is just so brokenhearted that I feel horrible for not crying. That's just my way.

But at night I still think of his dead face, it was something like a horrible grimace, and I feel so depressed. I was the only one in our family to handle him after he died, and I still remember how stiff he felt. It just gives me shudders. And our family has moved on so quickly, it's like he never went. But sometimes I'm in the kitchen and I just expect to see him behind me. No one else in my family seems to feel this, they've all dome their crying and gotten over him, but I'm still haunted.

~*adobe711*~
By highland_girl19member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 952, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 03:16 PM
We had to say goodbye to our Golden Retriever, Bear, this past Thursday. A week earlier, he fell down the stairs, which made him limp and cause him to break the leg. he had surgury on Monday and then broke the leg beyond repair. He was 9 years old, almost 10.

I miss him so much, but in the same way, it was good that he only had to suffer for a week. He hated being carried around and he would have ahd to go on with it for another 2 months.

Rest in Peace my Little Golden Bear. ¢¾
By moovameg Comments: 782, member since Fri Jul 21, 2006
On Wed May 16, 2007 02:17 PM
Eyahh,

on thursday i lost my hamster smudge it is so hard to let
a pet that you have mothered and loved go away but my hamster
was ill for a couple of weeks and it was a relief when he died because he was strugerling not eating or drinking, we did as much as we could to help him but it was no use he was limping all around his home and making little sqeaking noises bless him! :C We buried him on saturday and i was crying my eyes out :C
lots of love
megxxxx
By NeNe8 Comments: 28, member since Tue Jun 05, 2007
On Thu Jun 14, 2007 01:12 PM
I lost my cat chicken little to a cat fight in my old apartments while i was in college and then i lost my dog bizcuit when he got worms because my roomate didnt give him his shots "no blame though" things happen and they happen for a reason and i miss my baby.
By Miyuki_chanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1496, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 AM
My deepest condolences to those who've lost a pet, It's like losing a family member.I'm bawling right now...reading all of your stories made me remember my Boo-Boo. My mom and dad had found him hiding under a car by the gym they used to go to the summer of 1999, he was a feral cat, not even 3 months old when they found him. My mom and I went to the shelter every day to see him, he's hiss and spit at us, and my mom would just look at him and say "you know you're going to calm down soon enough, then you're coming home with me" *insert wagging finger*. About a 2-3 weeks later he was home. There was an instant attachment between my mom and Boo, and myself and Boo (his full name was peek-a-boo b/c he was black and he liked to hide from you then jump out at you). He was a little chatty bird. He'd always meow at you when you were anywhere near him..he didn't purr much..but boy did he chatter! He got into the habit of sleeping on the TV, we guess because it was so warm. in January 2001 he got really sick, but we couldn't afford to take him to the vet, so we just hoped it was something that would go away. in the beginning of February he got worse, to the point where he'd hide from us and our other cat, Scooter (who was like a mama to him), he stopped eating and drinking. then Feb 12 or so he became pretty much paralyzed and we set up a little bed for him in the bathroom where you can feel the heat the most. My mom and dad were babysitting for our former neighbors so they could go out for valenentine's day I believe, and when they came home my mom did what she'd done for the past couple nights and went in to say goodnight to him and hold him for a while. He waited for her, he died in her arms on February 14th, 2001. I was never so devistated in my life. Yes, I had lost pets before him, but I was never really old enough to remember them. I remember the next morning I got up and when I went into the bathroom and he wasn't there..and I just burst into tears, Then Scooter (who's now almost 14..and mah baby)went to where he'd been laying and ran around in circles right where he'd been laying..like his spirit was there and she could sense it..I think that day of school was the hardest to get through..I was bursting into tears at the drop of the hat, and when I was home, every time my mom, dad and I looked at each other we'd all start to cry. I never want to experience losing another pet..but I know it's inevitable..my dog Bosco (or Bubba as we call him) is almost 13 and my baby kitty Scooter is almost 14..so I know they're probably nearing their time to go join their baby brother, but it's something I never want to happen *ugh..I'm crying yet again*
By Believemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1855, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 PM
I've lost quite a few pets in my fourteen years of living.
Most recently, we moved to a farm house, and because we were inbetween houses for around a week and a half, we had to leave our cats at the new house, which we were not staying at, alone for that time. When we finally moved in, our cats had run away, even though they were locked up in a shed, and we had neighbours checking on them every day. We weren't sure if they were dead, but just recently we found one dead, and the other was found dead just this morning. My first cat, Kiki, got stolen, so I had never really expreianced a death of an animal before. My dog, though, is getting old, and has cancer, so we'll need to put her to sleep soon. It's the worst thing ever, knowing that a dog who has been part of your family for so long will need to be put to sleep soon, but I'm trying to stay strong.

I feel deeply for everyone who has lost pets, hugs to you all.

--Ashleigh.
By Ellen_Eliz Comments: 1090, member since Sun May 01, 2005
On Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:22 PM
Awww, you guys are making me cry. Especially gym_star. I'm the hugest dog lover. My prayers go out to all of you and your furry friends!

Anyways, to my miniature poodle Lizzie who we lost a few years ago. I still miss her all the time. I grew up with her and she had the biggest personality I've ever seen in a dog! No one will replace her and I'll always remember her!

To anyone out there who has lost a pet, I sympathize with you! I'm so, so sorry!

:) Ellen (pointeplease)
By Poshoedamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1782, member since Fri May 12, 2006
On Mon Aug 06, 2007 05:07 AM
I feel for those of you who have lost pets. It's not just losing a pet, it's losing a friend, family member, and a valuable part of you as well.

I lost my Stormy in January due to kidney failure and not a day goes by when I don't think of her. Eventually the pain did ease but there's still that part of her that will always be with me.
Image hotlink - 'http://i13.tinypic.com/4um8jnc.jpg'

:)Poshoeda
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Tue Aug 21, 2007 09:09 PM
^Wasn't she a beauty?

I have a 16 year old black cat that's been with me since the second grade. I keep saying I won't miss him when he's gone, but I know better. I'll be devastated when he finally dies. Our family has a long history of very long lived animals (Dogs live to 15, cats live to 20). He saw me graduate college and I think he's a got a year or so left in him.
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2096, member since Sat Oct 19, 2002
On Fri Aug 24, 2007 01:39 PM
My kitty of 7 years, Toulouse, passed away a few hours ago. I've been sick with strep and had to stay home while my significant other, his daughter and his parents drove to see his sister out of state. I went to bed at about 7 am this morning because my illness kept me awake all night, and slept until 9. At 9 I heard a knock on the door, someone delivering a package. I went to go get it, and on mu way up Toulouse was wanting to be fed and given water. So I did, and crawled back into bed. When I woke up I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and he was laying in the dining room on his side with his mouth hanging open. I tried calling out to him (but I have no voice) and he didn't move. I panicked and reached out to shake him and he still didn't move. So I shook him again, hard, and he didn't move. I freaked out.

I don't even know why I'm writing this but I just feel awful. I mean he seemed fine? If he had shown any signs of being sick I would have taken him to the vet but just this morning when I passed out he was in bed with me purring away, and he was demanding food and water as always. I cried my eyes out, called my boyfriend and he had someone come over to help me (I don't know anyone here except for his family, I just moved) and I've just been numb ever since.

I'm very much alone right now, not even a friend in the town to go cry to or my love to hold me and tell me it'll be okay. I called my friends in my old city and they're compassionate but its not the same. My boyfriend and his parents are returning on Sunday, I don't even know what to do with myself until then. His mom made sure they took his body to be buried at a pet cemetery and I guess we'll handle the rest of the arrangements in time...

I can't even cry anymore? I've honestly been lucky enough to never have had to deal with death before. My grandparents died out of state or I was too young and never went to a funeral. None of my other close friends have died. It's all just so surreal.

I mean he was my baby...I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and he was so special to me. I've been through a lot since I was a freshman in college when I got him to now - a LOT of changes...but the one constant was that I always had him there to love me. And now he's gone.

I'm just...babbling...I don't even know what to do now with myself or time or anything. I'm just laying in bed. I guess this is a part of grieving? I took a death and dying class in undergrad...funny how all that information escapes you in times like this.
By YoungDandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 643, member since Tue Jul 31, 2007
On Mon Sep 03, 2007 08:36 PM
my beautiful little boy Ralphie, Who passed away earlier this year.

It was a wonderful 10 years together and ill always be thankful for being blessed with such a friend.
Thanks for keeping me company when I had no one else, for comforting me, and for always being only too happy to have a long cuddle. I still cant write theis without beginning to cry. I miss you so much my little "ralphi thaddy-mouse"

RIP.
By XxlildancerelxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3070, member since Fri May 19, 2006
On Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 AM
I know how awful it is to lose a pet !!!
My first hamster that i had when i was about 11 -i was mortified when he died and i couldnt stop crying!
The day before last my dog found a tiny tiny rabbit the size of a hamster in the garden and he had it in his mouth-we took it to the vets -and we had to leave it over night -my mum phoned up in the morning they said it was doing well-my dad later on got a phone call to say it had died!
Me and my sister were crying like mad!
By b0rn_d4ncer Comments: 194, member since Fri Feb 10, 2006
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 05:42 PM
Edited by b0rn_d4ncer (151323) on 2007-09-15 17:44:10
I just thought i would talk about my wonderful, only 9 year old, fox terrior..Puppy. We had to put him down today and it pains me just typing it. He was very sick...he was born with a heart murmur and it worsened to the point where his back legs and abdomen were so full of fluid that he couldn't rest comfortably and was always up at night. He also was gasping for breath....if we had not put him down he would have suffocated in that fluid , making it the worst type of death. I love him so much, im still in shock...i've cried so much my head it going to explode and we still have to burry (sp) him in our back yard.
Please, i'm asking you all to pray for my family and I. I know my Puppy is not suffering anymore and is with God, and for that i'm so thankful

I'm sorry for everyone else who has lost a pet as well! I feel for all of you

I love you Puppy...always will

Anna
By JoyNoellePremium member Comments: 3864, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Sun Sep 16, 2007 09:19 AM
^ Anna, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Puppy. :C But you know that you definitely did the right thing...the KIND thing. On 9/11 I had my 18-year-old cat put down, so I know what you've just gone through, making the decision, doing it, and then missing your pet so much...but knowing it was the kindest thing for HIM.

If you haven't already, take a look at the Rainbow Bridge thread. A warning though: It's hard to read when you've just lost a pet, so perhaps waiting a little while would be better. But definitely do read the poems in it because they're not only beautiful, but they're very good affirmations of how our pets are doing now that they're free of pain and suffering.
By LilithiaPremium member Comments: 67, member since Sat May 13, 2006
On Fri Oct 05, 2007 07:19 PM
Edited by dancerchick95 (158650) on 2007-10-05 19:21:14
I feel terrible when pets die. I love animals I want to be a vet some day and I've lost three hamsters to wet tail and it just killed me to see them go. I cry over everything, fish, hamsters, turtles, lizards, frogs, toads, everything I've had before (and thats alot trust me). I think I would go into an imotional break down if my dog or cat ever died, so I'm so sorry to those of you who haved lossed a dearly loved animal. It's not always easy to recooparate at first, but my mom always tells me to take as much time as I need, and to try to let my friends and family surround me with happiness instead of thinking about the sad things that happened. Really I think this is a great thread though cause sometimes it's really great to get your feelings out through the computer and talk to others who have sufford the same pain you have. I hope everyone here is ok, and feeling better. :)
By bronnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3459, member since Sat Jul 16, 2005
On Tue Oct 16, 2007 02:30 AM
R.I.p carly my rabbit- the past few days she had not been her usual naughty self she wasn't eating ect. We thought she was just having an off couple of days as she was still doing other things like jump in and out of the hutch and running around however, sadly this morning we discoverd she had actually died :( . I will miss her soo much I used to love going out into the garden to see her, happily running around the garden and eating all the plant that mum planted lol. I will most of all miss my cuddles I always had with her.
xxxx
By DancingCheergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 576, member since Mon Mar 25, 2002
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:50 AM
Edited by DancingCheergirl (24724) on 2007-10-25 11:51:36
RIP to my beloved cat Mimi. She was 16, almost 17 and passed away last night while I was away at school. :(
By XxlildancerelxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3070, member since Fri May 19, 2006
On Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 PM
R.I.P to my gorgeous Maisy who died on 8th October 2007.
I loved her loads... life hasnt been the same since
xxx
By leapjumpturn Comments: 1306, member since Tue Mar 21, 2006
On Fri Nov 16, 2007 09:01 PM
Edited by leapjumpturn (154224) on 2007-11-16 21:15:18
Rest in peace my sweet cat, Leon.

He was 12 years young when diagnosed with cancer and yet lived almost another year past the diagnosis. Last night I held his last breath in my hand and wished him well in his journey towards the light.
He was truly my best friend. I hope he knows how much I loved him. I don't know how I am going to get up each day without his face next to mine.

I only hope we all will meet our great buddies again! Hugs to all...
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Wed Nov 28, 2007 09:47 PM
I have lost several beloved animals and I still miss them. My first dog, Sunny, was one year old when I was born and died at age 20. Then I had Mickey, another dog and he ran away one Thanksgiving and we never found him.

When I married we had 4 cats, all strays that we found, one was put to sleep because he had an accident and was crippled (Mooney), and the other three were all black and white, Sheba, Guenevere and Gypsy. All came down with Feline Leukemia and died within one year of each other.

Then we had Henri and Gumby, cats who were brothers, who lived to seventeen and died within two months of each other.

We had Snowflake and Christine, two more cats, both died of kidney failure.

Last was a dog that we found in a blizzard and found out that she was pregnant. We found her when I was going through cancer treatments and surgeries. She was a beautiful and loving Labrador and Shepherd mix who died at seventeen from cancer of the spleen and anemia. BTW, she gave birth to twelve pups on Mother's Day of 1992.

Each one who passed ripped my heart out, as well as my family's. They are all buried in our back yard (we live in the country deep in the woods).

Only pet lovers know that losing a pet is like losing a child and the only way to survive it is to know that they do have a shorter life span and are not meant to outlive us, unlike losing a child.

This is a wonderful post. Thanks for it.
By GrubbleBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3880, member since Mon Nov 07, 2005
On Sun Feb 17, 2008 01:02 PM

+ -

R.I.P Bambi. My life and love just died today. Don't have the energy to say anything else for now. Just that a part of me has died with him.
Page:
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatchDraw