Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

Stretching Photos - Members
Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos! (karma: 28)
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:13 AM
Edited by MuffinHead (96143) on 2005-10-07 11:57:53
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-11-16 19:54:04

So, this seems to have come up quite a lot recently. If you look around the stretching boards, it's really good for inspiration. Heck, I come here to get motivated to stretch every now and then.

But we've had our share of perverts on this site. Lots of them actually. People commenting only to stretching photos and PMing girls to tell them how beautiful they are. And trying to meet people at competitions and such. It's creepy.

And one of the reasons why these girls get contacted-- check out their pictures. Most of them wear booty shorts. Some of them even have to blur out their crotch because something happens to be visible. This is a perverts DREAM! Young girls and women practically showing off their coochies over the internet.

You girls have to remember that these pictures AREN'T only visible to DDN members, but people AROUND THE WORLD. Basically, anyone with an internet connection can get a hold of these pictures. That's a lot of people. Ever seen on the news when girls get abducted because of an internet stalker.

Remember, that can happen here. While I don't want you to stop posting your pictures, I want you all to think. Is this appropriate to post on the internet. From now on, try to wear longer pants or capris rather than booty shorts.

EDIT from KrisyP: Also, watch out what you wear up top. Don't wear tank tops that can reveal cleavage and such. A lot of streching pictures are taken from a front angle and you lean forward. (ex. straddle split stretch?) You don't want your ta-tas hanging out as well.

Also, check out this post by LlamaLlamaDuck...

dance.net . . .

147 Replies to Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!

re: Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!
By Kirsty_Pmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 504, member since Wed Nov 17, 2004
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:49 AM
Yeah I agree, I love coming to see your photo's but maybe people could wear like Jazz pants maybe and roll them to the knee's so you can stretch just as easy but your more covered. Same goes for the top remember, althogh I don't think theres a problem with that here.

Thanks for highlighting the problem Muffin

KiRsTeH
X-X
By LovelyLauramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10111, member since Fri Oct 31, 2003
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:54 AM
Thankyou so much for posting this,
i used to stretch in shorts because it was so hot during the summer and i didnt really realise the danger in posting pictures.
since then ive made sure i only post pictures in trousers and ive got the mods to delete all my posts with me wearing shorts.

laura x
By lovindance221 Comments: 355, member since Mon Jul 18, 2005
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:20 PM
I agree too! Great post!
By balletboy21 Comments: 53, member since Wed Dec 22, 2004
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 03:19 PM
YES! Thanks you! Some of us don't want to see THAT much of you either. If you want to show off better lines try wearing a leo and tights or something. Not so much skin!! Protect yourselves out there!
By lisskmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6639, member since Thu Jul 21, 2005
On Fri Oct 07, 2005 08:33 PM
Yaay someone finally posted it (I get frustrated by it easily lol). Karma to you my dear. We don't need to have butts/crotch/boobs hanging out. There are easier ways to get attention (like that awesome box split you've been working on, etc).
By disco_girl_15 Comments: 525, member since Mon Oct 25, 2004
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 07:43 AM
hiya,

great post! really something everyone should think about,
thanks for bringing this up :)

love rachael xxxx
By LarcenTyler Comments: 129, member since Wed Mar 26, 2003
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:10 PM
Absolutely good point. There are so many perverts in this world that it ain't funny. And Heaven knows how many perverts there are who are willing to use PhotoShop or some other paint program to make nasty modifications to a picture and then upload it somewhere inappropriate?

If you have to wear something like that, then wear something that isn't too tight so those areas won't exactly be extremely visible (for want of a better term to describe it.) Also, you might want to try putting a watermark in your photos so those perverts won't be able to rip off your photos easily. Some people also choose to hide their faces as well, but that's up to you, since I really don't think you should have to censor your photos of you showing off your flexibility, but with all the perverts in this world, you have to be careful.
By meiyokenshinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 348, member since Fri Mar 04, 2005
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 07:28 AM
great post as i guy i feel sometimes well althought they might not be called bootie shorts for me i still don't feel comfortable showing pictures of me stretching in shorts. I always make my girlfriend wear some kind of non revealing pants and a shirt not a tank because yea i don't want her being abducted. just keep doing what your doing with extreme care and protection!
By discochick2004 Comments: 1025, member since Mon May 24, 2004
On Thu Oct 13, 2005 09:02 AM
I Agree With Everything You Say,

F x x

Discochick2004
By FunkyFeet_Dancer Comments: 1279, member since Thu Jul 22, 2004
On Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:50 AM
Thank you soooo much!
Some people need to realize that some pictures are dangerous to post!
You can't trust everyone on dance.net as for there are some weirdos!

Thanks again
This is a brilliant post :D

Love Lauren
*Karma*
By Anafalcao Comments: 130, member since Mon Aug 15, 2005
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:31 AM
That's true, great post. People wanna see your stretching exercises not your private body parts.
By Sabzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3309, member since Mon Jan 12, 2004
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 07:47 AM
i was thinking about this the other day! thanks for posting i hate the thought of any old dirty old men (or women u never know) looking at us dance.net peeps!

So we should all take this warning :)

thanks again x x x

sabina x x
By popergerm Comments: 760, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:46 AM
Do be carful, dance is an art, but there are thouse that make it perverted, like most guys do from time to time, I included though, I come here to talk breakdanceing and theolagy, most of the time now.

Always rember to be graceful and not like a ho.

And I just have to say that I have never heard the milk glands referd to as "ta - tas" lol

But do be carful there are some real sick people out there that would have their way with you if they had the chance

signed Germ
By pasdechat78 Comments: 167, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Tue Oct 25, 2005 06:42 AM
thank you for pointing this out to everyone, karma!
By x3_dancer_x3member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 449, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Sat Oct 29, 2005 03:48 PM
I think this should be made sticky! I smell Karma!
I want my eye!
By gummibearz911 Comments: 27, member since Thu Jun 23, 2005
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:14 AM
Good post! Thats a good thing to keep in mind!
By stardancerameliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2903, member since Tue May 24, 2005
On Thu Nov 10, 2005 03:04 PM
hiya
great post
i think this should be made a sticky
more people need to read this as it is very important
love ya
amelia
xxxx
By Sadie_Mag_Tanzenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4368, member since Wed Aug 20, 2003
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 05:50 AM
heya

Great post,i agree totally.Ive also seen stretching pics of members wearing bikinis-which in this day and age is a bit dodgy.

X
By DragonFlyPremium member Comments: 1079, member since Sat Jan 01, 2005
On Mon Nov 14, 2005 05:48 AM
Yeah that's a really good post, just because at your normal dancing classes you can be in shorter tops etc. and not really care, it's not just your dancing school here it's the entire world!
By LeonardSly Comments: 31, member since Fri Jan 21, 2005
On Wed Nov 16, 2005 06:05 AM
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2005-11-18 19:42:08 calling out people is not allowed on DDN - if you have a problem, address it with the mods
yeah, people like hamfist
Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!
By dancindannimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3248, member since Sun Nov 07, 2004
On Wed Nov 16, 2005 09:56 AM
I totally agrre!
Well Done for bringing upo this fabby point!
Love danni xxxxx
By hamfistPremium member Comments: 5594, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:43 PM
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2005-11-18 19:43:16 pressing the mod button first is always a good start
Oh Dear,

Here we go again with a posting by LeonardSly who comments "yeah, people like hamfist."

I have always posted helpful messages and have had numerous nice comments back to me.

Regrettably, it takes all types to make up this world and we seem to have an exception to the norm with the author of this posting.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:51 PM
^ I find hamfist very helpful for me...
By Tierneymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1619, member since Sun Jun 29, 2003
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:52 PM
Good Idea :)

Some shots that I have seen are a bit revealing... it's always good to cover up and be on the safeside.
Page:
Page 1 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatchDraw