Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!
By hamfistPremium member Comments: 5594, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:56 PM
Thank you jazz_lover.

I have been helping for more than 40 years and at a time like this when a posting such as that by LeonardSly appears I do feel a little upset.

You and many others are the nice folk in this World!

My best regards, Ian
By pretty_dancer Comments: 336, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 02:00 PM
heya.. i totally agree.. it's actually extremly scary how this can happen!!! great post!!!

hugs
By NinaBallerina021 Comments: 420, member since Sun Nov 27, 2005
On Mon Dec 05, 2005 01:18 AM
Good post..that people should be aware of!
By pixiedust_dancer Comments: 76, member since Wed Nov 23, 2005
On Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:49 PM
Thank you this is so important to think about! I am glad this is a sticky
By Balletcapimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 472, member since Fri Sep 02, 2005
On Sun Dec 11, 2005 01:23 PM
That is great advice. I have noticed some innocent girls wearing next to nothing in their pictures! I am thinking about putting pictures up on DDN soon and will take your advice seriuosly. Thanks :)
By ganjik Comments: 20, member since Wed Nov 30, 2005
On Tue Dec 13, 2005 03:08 PM
Thankyou so much for posting this,
i used to stretch in shorts because it was so hot during the summer and i didnt really realise the danger in posting pictures.
By Adriana_MoonPremium member Comments: 821, member since Thu Jul 21, 2005
On Thu Dec 15, 2005 04:38 PM
I think you guys are over reacting a little. I think it should be a matter of Don't Wear Shorts In Your Streching Photos If You Don't Want To Or Feel Uncomfortable. I know you mean well but do check out LlamaLlamaDuck's Post because there's a lot more dissenting opinions on this matter and good information on how to protect yourselves - it's linked on MuffinHead's original post. Yes, there are "dirty old men" out there but do remember ballet was invented by an old French man. And please remember that no matter what you wear someone out there may find it attractive rather it be booty shorts or spandex or a leotard. Don't let that ruin our freedom or we'll all end up in veils. If you don't feel comfortable wearing shorts then don't - but I think it's getting to the point where some girls are being made to feel bad about themselves for what they posted and wore in their photos. I think we need to respect different styles here - what You are saying about streching in shorts has been said about Hip Hop Dance (where Booty Shorts came from) Ballet, Jazz, and anytime girls have worn something "controversial." If a girl dances or dresses "provacatively" they are not asking to be hurt and we need to remember that and stick up for dancers and girls in general no matter what they wear. Be safe but stay Free.
Faery Love from Adriana Moon
On Thu Dec 15, 2005 05:01 PM
Very good posting Adriana Moon!

Some comments in the "string" will be regarded as far too restrictive if used as a guide.

You are correct - if you are comfortable in what you choose to wear then that is your right.

Ian
Perverts
By dancegirl0909 Comments: 2, member since Tue Dec 20, 2005
On Tue Dec 20, 2005 02:49 PM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-09-06 11:25:28 netspeak.....Plz do not typ lik thz....it isn't faster to type and its hard to understand.
yeah thx for posting there r many nasty people out there i have myspace and have problems all the time thx for tryin to make it safer
thx
By dancegirl0909 Comments: 2, member since Tue Dec 20, 2005
On Tue Dec 20, 2005 02:50 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2005-12-21 00:23:09 netspeak
Thx for finally posting that there r so so many weirdos out there i have a myspace and get alot of nasty guys on there u really have to watch out now a days thx for tryin to make this site alittle safer anything helps thanks again
By Adriana_MoonPremium member Comments: 821, member since Thu Jul 21, 2005
On Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:45 PM
Edited by Adriana_Moon (136512) on 2005-12-20 23:52:00 Grammar
Edited by Adriana_Moon (136512) on 2005-12-20 23:59:50 I'm a journalism major but I'm so bad at grammar
My friend had that same problem on Myspace. I love Myspace because I'm an Army Brat so my friends are all over the place and it's good for keeping in touch - but my friend kept getting creepy emails. You can block users and report harassment and my friend also had one of her bigger guy friends leave a post saying to guys to stop bothering her. I hate it when guys assume that what I'm wearing is some kind of invite - I'd wear my dance clothes to class (I go to Penn State) to save time on changing if it weren't for all the stupid comments I know I'd get. I like to think I can wear whatever I want without having to worry. Maybe people have more tips on keeping their computers secure - because that's another thing I worry about - I've been hacked before and I hate the idea of some creep or jerk getting a hold of my address. I try to keep up on removing spyware but hackers are always evolving - this would be a good thread for tips on that too. I feel very strongly about being able to wear what I want without having to worry that it will be taken as some kind of invite so I do a lot to stay safe - I dress as "sexy" as I want to but I carry mace and one of those pull string personal alarms at night and I stay on my cell phone if I'm not with friends - and on my computer I try to keep up on anti-hacker software, updates, and have a program that lets me know when someone trys to hack me and where the hack originated from.
On Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:01 AM
I totally understand where you are coming from and it is a sad thing that people must feel insecure. On my computer I have Norton anti virus and Norton Personal Firewall and the number of intrusions captured is surprising.

One must always keep addresses and phone numbers away from the computer information. In communicating with someone who wants training help I ask which country for time zone reasons and there is absolutely no need to disclose information more detailed than that.

Ian
By elisalovesyoumember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 329, member since Thu Dec 22, 2005
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 03:45 PM
I totally agree!! Great Post!!

~~Elisa~~
Short Shorts
By ashley22 Comments: 22, member since Wed Apr 14, 2004
On Tue Jan 03, 2006 03:33 PM
Personaly, I think you can see just as much if not more detail wearing the stretch pants. Tight lycra molds right to your body, maybe thats what we need to cut down on. But then you wont be able to see how well the stretch is. if you are going to wear shorts, just make sure they are stretch shorts. atleast nothing will be showing in open air.
HI
By kazadivamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1402, member since Mon Feb 23, 2004
On Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:36 PM
hi everyone
excellent point lol for ive took loads of stretching photos of me in my shorts and my mum wont let me put them on for this same reason luv chloe XxXXx
By geezer4Premium member Comments: 1896, member since Wed Nov 13, 2002
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:54 PM
excellent post tried to rate you but wouldnt allow me to.

Rich
By thunder_ramses Comments: 2, member since Tue Jan 10, 2006
On Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:36 AM
so what to use?
By Staz13member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 88, member since Sun Mar 06, 2005
On Thu Jan 12, 2006 08:21 AM
Great post ! i totally agree ! thanks for pointing it out ! unless people want old men dribbling over them !!! lol
luv staz x x x x x x
By xdance_blondesx Comments: 40, member since Sat Jan 01, 2005
On Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:11 AM
Thankyou for this post :D

x
By oldgymnast7member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 79, member since Wed Apr 06, 2005
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 04:22 PM
Wow that is such a good point! I haven't really posted any pictures myself but I like to stretch in dance shorts because it is unrestrictive but I never really thought much about that but I will put that into consideration myself. :)
By ErickaA Comments: 26, member since Wed Oct 19, 2005
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 06:49 AM
I just have to add my two cents worth on this topic. I know there is like a kazillion pervs out there and we never know who's who on the internet and all so never ever give out any personal info. BUT... come on are we going back to the 1800's? I mean how in the heck can anyone see if our technique and form is correct in photos wearing a ton of baggy clothes? Might as well force all the women and girls to start wearing burkas, walk three steps behind men, and hide in shaddows. Before I start getting too preachie I don't think overly reveiling clothes are appropriate here. Sports bras and bootie shorts are a no-no for sure but nice comfortable gym shorts and crop tops are fine. We can be beautiful and tasteful at the same time.
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:20 AM
I never said to wear HUGE baggy clothes. I said to be smart.

Wear a pair of jazz pants. Those are rather form fitting, and not short or baggy enough to see up them in any position. And as for tops-- why is a t-shirt with small sleeves too much to handle? Even a cropped top... you can see down the top-- especially in positions like a straddle where you lean forward.

We're not going back to the 1800's. We're being smart... not stupid.
By ErickaA Comments: 26, member since Wed Oct 19, 2005
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:49 AM
It is sad that we all have to scared of the boogieman. Ever see all the guys just sitting around the pool gawking? Better wear some tight sleaved top that covers your belly there and some pants or long shorts. And don't forget the guys that have a thing for feet, better wear socks and shoes all the time. Some guys get jollies seeing long hair so you better wear a hat too. Like give me a break! We won't ever stop guys from looking. Would we really want them to anyway? Just be smart about what you wear and where you wear it. And don't post pix if you don't want guys to look.
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:07 PM
Who said guys? We said perverts-- that covers all genders, races, religions, etc.

Of course you don't go to the pool and cover up. Does it matter if guys look there? I'm sure there won't be some guy jerking off next to the pool with you swimming in there.

But we're ONLINE. In the comfort of our own homes usually. Who's to say that some creepy guy (or even girl) isn't printing out your pictures and jerking off to them in their bedroom at night because there is a *hint* of clevage in your picture?

Who's to stop someone from taking your picture and posting it on a fetish website? Where TONS of pervs will look at your picture for their own sexual pleasure.

That's why you need to wear clothes that DON'T REVEAL. Not cover you like a parka. Wear capri pants! Wear a t-shirt that has a neck that doesn't allow your breasts to be shown! Watermark your pictures! Especially over areas like your crotch/chest! DON'T BE STUPID!

There is no point arguing that people should be able to wear whatever in stretching photos. Use your common sense and think of who could be looking at these pictures!

Do you want some creepy perv looking up your shorts in your stretching photos? I doubt it. Gross.
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:27 PM
Yes, I know that there are strange folk out there but in all honesty how on earth is some "creepy perv" going to look down the front of your tee shirt or up your shorts when the view is a flat photograph?

With a digital camera I take many photos and many are simply erased because there is something in the photo that I do not like. I cannot imagine a Dance.Net girl posting a photo without looking at it carefully to see if she is happy to post it and I cannot recall seeing photos by any members that are at all risky.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
Page:
Page 2 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatchDraw