Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!
By ErickaA Comments: 26, member since Wed Oct 19, 2005
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 01:39 PM
I totally agree. I refuse to hide under my bed because someone (male or female) might look at me. If I don't want to be seen by everyone wearing a bikini I won't wear one. I for sure wouldn't post one of me on dance.net wearing it. THAT would scare every one or maybe just make them laugh themselves silly. Honestly, If we all use our heads there is no need for being so PARANOID.
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Sun Feb 05, 2006 05:16 PM
"Yes, I know that there are strange folk out there but in all honesty how on earth is some "creepy perv" going to look down the front of your tee shirt or up your shorts when the view is a flat photograph? "

I'm glad that you ahve the good sense to look through your pictures to amke sure they are fine before posting, but unfortunately not everyone does that. I've seen MANY girls on here post pictures of themselves, bending over in the spider pose and in splits or sometrhing and then you can see down the front of their shirt.
By Jennifer71 Comments: 690, member since Sun Jan 25, 2004
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 01:02 PM
I really think in this case the phrase "What you don't know won't hurt you" applies. If I post a photograph of myself here, I will never know what anyone might be doing with it. Why should I go around imagining the worst? And what is the point of you making young girls worry about what "perverts" might do with their photograph? As long as the poster feels comfortable with what she is wearing and follows general internet safety rules, worrying is unecessary.

I personally find your descriptions about exactly what those perverts are doing with the photographs far more inappropriate than any photo that has ever been posted here.
By hamfistPremium member Comments: 5594, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:51 PM
Good posting Jennifer.

The internet is a great facility but it is a public domain so one can expect strange people out there but to suggest that one can look up a shorts leg when viewing a flat photograph is using more imagination than I believe to be possible or reasonable.

BUT - the usual safety standards apply. Never give sufficient identity information that would allow a perv to find where you live or your phone numbers. In my profiles in Yahoo and Dance.Net I list my e-mail address but for young ladies, doing this is not all that advisable but "not nice" mail can simply be deleted or classed as spam but at my age I do not have a problem; if you are female and younger then it may be that the best way is to not publish your e-mail.

For goodness sakes, this is year 2006 and most females I see in public wear something less than full body covering. Many of the postings in this subject are amazing for this day and age!

Jennifer and similar posters, thank you for being young and reasonable in this subject.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
Don't wear shorts
By Tammy571 Comments: 36, member since Fri Feb 24, 2006
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:00 AM
Removed by calypso (11968) on 2006-02-24 11:35:55 calling members out is NOT permitted. if you have a concern about a member privately PM a mod.
I agree, I am worried about people who always seem to post comments on all the stretching photos, especially those of the younger more flexible girls. Like that hamfist, I see his name alot and I am a little concerned. You may be right.
By hamfistPremium member Comments: 5594, member since Fri Dec 24, 2004
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:27 AM
I am going to ask you to back down on the comment "like that Hamfist" because I am a trainer of contortionists and I have been most helpful to anyone in Dance Net who asks for stretching advice.

That sort of posting is offensive and you have no grounds for such a comment.

Ian (Trainer of contortionists)
By smilingdancer2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 102, member since Wed Feb 22, 2006
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 07:22 PM
I totally agree!!!! :) :)
On Sat Feb 25, 2006 07:34 PM
I will not back down, I am sticking with what I said.

Tammy.
By VarsityCleadermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 99, member since Fri Aug 08, 2003
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:52 AM
i'd like to point out that in some cases, more "revealing" attire is actually beneficial. my uniform is a short skirt and a crop top, it is not meant to be sexy, but to show judges body positioning and athletisism.

it is a member's choice whether or not they want their faces exposed while wearing a sports top and shorts. honestly, if you worry about so called perverts being attracted to your photos, don't post them. however, it is not up to you to make the decision for others. that's all i have to say about that.
By blondedancer123 Comments: 50, member since Fri Jan 20, 2006
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:13 PM
wow has this just been recintly big proplem caues this is pretty new! can you pm me about this? well later!!
By flexiblegirl1 Comments: 10, member since Fri Feb 24, 2006
On Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:51 PM
i agree totally!
On Thu Mar 02, 2006 07:26 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-03-06 21:47:53 age doesn't necessarily equate to doing something wrong
I agree, I am worried about people who always seem to post comments on all the stretching photos, especially those of the younger more flexible girls. Remember, there are those guys well into their 60's checking us out regularly.
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 03:36 PM
that is so true! i hate guys like that. Try wearing spandex pants or tight pants when posting pictures. That still may be what a pervert is looking for but at least your privates wont be visible!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 07:36 AM
HA HA HA HA...since when does being 60 years old make you a pervert. Do men once they hit 60 get a card that says, "You are now a pervert!"

I guarantee there are people that are 16, 25, 36, or 40 that are checking out some of these stretching photos. By the way...most perverts don't post much. They LURK around the site trying not to get caught. Trust me on this since I have monitored the site for almost 2 years.

While the stretching area is a huge breeding ground for unwelcome guests at times, some people actually have knowledge about stretching and contortion. If they were ONLY posting on the ballet board because that is their area of expertise nobody would care. If people ONLY posted in the beauty forum nobody would care.

We welcome mod reports about suspicious behavior, but try not to generalize.
By StarstruckDncr Comments: 200, member since Wed Mar 01, 2006
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 07:46 PM
Your right, jazz pants are perfect for stretching, and t-shirts, unless your stretching your back or upper body.
By Nene1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 170, member since Tue May 27, 2003
On Tue Mar 07, 2006 08:33 AM
Perfect photo! Perfect stretching!
Keep work.
:D
By Ladedamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2287, member since Wed Mar 02, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 07:00 PM
There is no reason though for people to be putting pictures up of them stretching where I can see part of their boobs, their underwear, half of their butt, and other revealing things that I wont mention here. I have modded and seen pictures where people are revealing these things. PARENTS have put them up. Now I don't know about how you were brought up-hey, maybe your parents didnt mind showing the neighbor thats a stranger their underwear, but I was taught better. Yeah yeah "That's how YOU were brought up", but is it really a comforting thought to know that a guy or girl has printed your photos, takes them and get's their jollies off of you? That's like a random person coming in your studio to 'take photos for the paper' and in reality they are jerking off with them.

People who are perverts sometimes tend to turn into stalkers; they see a flexi person, notice they tend to put up what country or city they live in, what competitions they are attending (they even include where exactly the competition is!) and hey, the next thing you know there is a guy dragging you into a random closet. Trust me, I've gone to school with people who's had it happen to them.
And I guarantee you if 5 of you come back saying 'Oh I'm safe! They cant track me!' I can probably go through random snippets of chat ive saved (funny moments), your posts etc and find out quite a bit of information from 3 of the 5 of you. Try me. Yes there are those who are safe, and those who aren't going to be pulled into the bathroom-its because they didnt show their crotch to the world.

And pervs are all ages.
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 02:17 AM
"Yes there are those who are safe, and those who aren't going to be pulled into the bathroom-its because they didnt show their crotch to the world"

I have a feeling that the girl who was raped in the Sainsbury's toilets was not posting pictures of herself on the internet...it was a random attack. You seem to be implying that you will always be safe if you aren't posting photos of yourself...that's simply not true.
By Ladedamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2287, member since Wed Mar 02, 2005
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 05:43 AM
"Sainsbury's toilets"? Okay I haven't a clue as to what YOU are talking about, but I've gone to school with 3 people who were almost raped by being pulled into the bathroom-2 happened in middle school (which I would say is about the general age of A LOT of posters), and 1 in high school. It was proven that all 3 predators were not affiliated in any way with the schools, and that 2 of them found the students by MySpace and a another site similar to this. There were 3 other similar occurences at a school of the arts, all dancers, at a middle school in the past 5 years-only one of them were affiliated with the school. Again, maybe it's because I live in the county in Florida with the highest crime rate, but that doesnt mean it cant happen anywhere.
Other users ad I have been IM'ed, PM'ed, and approached in chat by pervs, many from DDN. Now I'm not saying to never use this site or lock yourself up, but be wary. I felt uncomfortable at those points, and I don't want other users to feel this way.

All in all
I think this sticky performed it purpose-it informed some people. Now maybe it didnt help you, and thats all fine and dandy but at least it helped others.
-Olive
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:31 AM
Sorry, I forget not everyone is reading the English news.

www.timesonline.co.uk . . .

I still feel that you were implying that girls will be safe if they don't post photos of themselves on the internet. Girls have to take reasonable care even if they don't post photos.
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 01:59 PM
There is no reason though for people to be putting pictures up of them stretching where I can see part of their boobs, their underwear, half of their butt, and other revealing things that I wont mention here.

^^No, what I'm saying is as a family site, it need's to maintain it's reputation of being just that. Pictures are fine-I have a salute up myself and all, and once I get a new camera, pictures will appear. I see no reason for pictures though with 'crotch shots', pictures where your breasts are exposed/'out there', revealing shorts etc. Not only does that tarnish DDN's reputation (in my opinion), it gives you attention from pervs.

But hey-if you want to stretch and post pictures with booty shorts and a revealing shirt on, fine by me.
By Canadiandancer19 Comments: 26, member since Tue Mar 21, 2006
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 07:31 PM
Hey great post. I totally agree with you.
Katlin
By Razzmataz Comments: 356, member since Wed Feb 23, 2005
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:13 PM
i agree so much
On Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:59 PM
When you combine the facts, old men, young stretchy girls, defending a girls right to wear revealing clothing, it does equate to something of valid concern.
Tammy
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:05 AM
Since we are in the year 2006, we will always have men there to defend a girl’s right to wear revealing clothing when she stretches, and to post it here. Let’s not be like the 1800’s. Let’s continue to provide people with the things they keep coming back for.
Page:
Page 3 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatchDraw