Forum: Advice / Stretching Photos - Members

Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Please! Don't Wear Shorts In Your Stretching Photos!
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Fri Jul 04, 2008 06:23 PM
smart post! :)
By missglitershoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 274, member since Sun Mar 16, 2008
On Thu Jul 17, 2008 01:28 AM
Great post I agree!
By TheSwanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 74, member since Fri Jul 25, 2008
On Sat Jul 26, 2008 01:41 AM
Ha, ha. Yeah, that's a good idea. No one wants to see anyones nickers. LOL. Christian truths in ballet I guess.
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 PM
It still kills me that this sticky clearly states, "Please! Don't Wear Shorts in Your Stretching Photos!" and there are tons and tons and tons of posts of people wearing shorts in their photos. Do you NOT know how to follow directions people? Ooh it irritates me to no-end every time I see this sticky and then all the posts with people in shorts.

Even in the ballet photos, people are wearing shorts. It is not proper folks! Follow the directions!
By ChimmiSHAKE Comments: 33, member since Thu Jul 03, 2008
On Wed Oct 29, 2008 03:21 AM
I totally agree with begstretcher2008!

we want to see you show off your great stretching abilities... but we dont want to see anything else! lol

=]
x
By rr_lover Comments: 511, member since Sat Feb 02, 2008
On Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:24 AM
Edited by rr_lover (191435) on 2008-11-16 11:26:26
Dancing__Away wrote:

"Yes, I know that there are strange folk out there but in all honesty how on earth is some "creepy perv" going to look down the front of your tee shirt or up your shorts when the view is a flat photograph? "

I'm glad that you ahve the good sense to look through your pictures to amke sure they are fine before posting, but unfortunately not everyone does that. I've seen MANY girls on here post pictures of themselves, bending over in the spider pose and in splits or sometrhing and then you can see down the front of their shirt.

Ok here is my 2 cents in this, first off why the heck are you people even looking down the chick's shirt in the first place?. it's about the stretch there doing, not "oh lets look down a girls shirt". Just be smart you guys, but if your comfortable wearing the booty shorts then by all means. and you take a pic, your not going to be stupid enough (or at least i would hope not) to post the pic of your you know what hanging out or your boobs popping out all over the place. it's common sense guys, not to hard of a concept,
By LydiaKlassActmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 964, member since Sun Jun 03, 2007
On Sat Jan 03, 2009 06:01 AM
Thanks for posting.
Very true some pictures previously have been very revealing !

Lydia x
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:24 AM
You know thats a Great post makes sense even were leggings or tights underneath booty shorts
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Wed Jun 24, 2009 06:59 PM
Gah! I just posted stretching pictures and I'm wearing a pair of black sofee shorts and a white leotard, which is visible on an extended leg picture. But trust me, nothing is pretty about that. People who are perverted should be ashamed.

Comment #8426171 deleted
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2009-08-04 09:40:16 First of all calling out any member is not allowed here, and just because someone has the same name on another website does not mean it is the same person!

By elle_ballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 175, member since Mon Sep 07, 2009
On Thu Sep 17, 2009 01:03 PM
THANK you!! It's actually kind of really gross seeing people's bums hanging out of their pants !
By Rebecca96member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 933, member since Tue Sep 09, 2008
On Sat Sep 19, 2009 02:32 PM
I agree, Great post.
By darealhoney Comments: 26, member since Fri May 02, 2003
On Mon Oct 19, 2009 01:35 PM
Im shocked that people would try and stalk members on here its not kool. But its good advice too keep girls safe on here its even more important because there are young girls in here. stay safe girls
By tinydancer251member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 35, member since Thu Jun 11, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 09:39 AM
agreed, i don't think anybody wants to see your business. haha... a leo is fine, maybe long shorts, leggings or tights, but i agree this is not appropriate
By miraclefrmheavnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2068, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Sat Jan 23, 2010 09:39 AM
A leo is not fine if you are going to lift your leg up in the air in a high attitude and you have no underpanties on. Leotards show absolutely everything whether you think they do or not. Leggings should be worn on all stretching pictures if people are going to have their legs in the air showing their attitudes.

Sorry just my opinion. Even on one picture of Paloma Herrera in a high attitude, she is showing her crotch. It's not acceptable by any means.
By dancestar88551 Comments: 20, member since Fri Oct 02, 2009
On Sun Jan 31, 2010 06:33 PM
I totally agree with this!;p it amazes me when people want to wear them in the stretching pictures;p like who wants to see up someone shorts?;p haha
By Mlillith Comments: 15, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 03:29 PM
It is not my intention to be unkind when I say this, but I think blowing it up whether one wears a short pantie for a dance shot or not, is really pointless. The dance is the point here and people are her for the dance. Showing your thighs can be good so we as viewers can give better advice when we see how your muscles are working/not working. Which is also the reason tights and unitards are used in ballet. If I were you, I wouldn't mind about the shorts. Wear what you feel comfortable in!
By MuffinHeadmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5172, member since Thu Jun 10, 2004
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 04:34 PM
Mlillith-- YOU are here for dance. *I* am here for dance. MOST of us are here for dance.

...perverts are not here for dance. Perverts LOVE when our gorgeous ladies post pictures in less-than-usual dance clothing. Of course, perverts will go out of their way to find something perverted... but we shouldn't help them.

While it's normal to us to wear booty shorts and a sports bra... to them... it's a field day.
By Mlillith Comments: 15, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 AM
My point was merely that as long as the person in the picture is obviously stretching or dancing in his/her hotpants, these kind of images would not be magnets to perverts. I am a multi artist who actually have had images of myself NAKED on the internet, but for artistic purposes (body painting etc) only, and that was always very clear in the pictures. My point is that there is a difference in pictures: there are those that look sexually provoking, and those who do not. And I think personally that this depends more on body language and facial expression rather than what you wear.

It's however a good thing to point out how DDN-user's pictures are being presented, I think. It needs to be very clear that these pictures express non-sexual attitude/are not sexually provoking. As long as the picture doesn't physically SHOW any noble parts of the dancer's body, I think the poster will have no need to worry. Perverts get their way to ANYBODY on the internet. Even those not showing the slightest bit of skin in their pictures! And so what if those perverts contact you? The worst thing they could do is try get in touch or use your pictures online. That is the first thing one should consider: do I want these pictures on the internet? If not, well don't post them. If you feel violated by anyone else getting access to DDN images of yours, well then I would really reconsider them being posted in the first place.

All in all I think this has more to do with setting and attitude of the one in the picture, rather than clothing. But well, that's my opinion after all. I'm Norwegian, perhaps my mentality is too "free"...

This is my immediate reaction. Sorry if I seem a little too offencive here, but it was so clearly that I was misunderstood.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 PM
this post is great :D its really true .SCARY world out there!
On Sun Jun 16, 2013 04:29 AM
Great post .. So true !
By DanceJAMPremium member Comments: 79, member since Fri Jun 04, 2010
On Wed Oct 16, 2013 01:14 PM
It's always good to be careful !
By FDIC Comments: 22, member since Tue Jul 15, 2014
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 06:13 AM
Completely agree! what a world we live in ayy! its a shame as sometimes you will get a real good pic but if its in shorts it cant be posted but if it keeps the kids safe thats all that matters. Good call Dance.net.
x
Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatchDraw