Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Russian figure skating
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:04 AM

I'm have to do a report for a European Geography class on a cultural aspect of a European country, so I picked Russian figure skating. However, I'm now having trouble finding too much about it online. I've tried searching google but can't come up with what I need. Do any of you know if Russia has a figure skating website like USFSA.org? I just have to give a 3 minute presentation, so I don't need a ton of info, and I already have pictures that I want to share. I just need some info on the importance of figure skating in Russia. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 Replies to Russian figure skating

re: Russian figure skating
By ravnmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:42 PM
If worse comes to worse, you can always make it up... I doubt anyone on your class is an expert on Russian Figure Skating. I'm sure they're not going to know enough to contradict you. ;)

Just figured I'd throw that out there.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 01:54 PM
Edited by Jump (129809) on 2005-10-08 13:55:45
Edited by Jump (129809) on 2005-10-08 14:09:56
Hey,
I remember hearing about this organisation - because we are under the same .. um.. type of thing.
www.russkating.ru . . .
Russian Skating Union! (or have you found that already?)
Oh my gosh. I only just realised that was speed skating. I'm so sorry :( I will look again.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 08, 2005 02:15 PM
www.goldskate.ru . . .
There you go! I actually looked for Irina Slutskaya's official site, hoping that it would link to the official Russian skating site, and it did! It was in Russian, and it didn't load properly on my computer. Had to use my mouse to mouse-over the left side of the website and the links appeared (thankfully there was one link that said 'english').
Hope it helps
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 04:00 AM
Hi what type of information do you require as my son trained twice in Leningrad so perhaps he could help

Please PM me if you think he may be able to help you and I will give you his e/mail address as he is teaching [Ice Skating]in Norway at the moment

Love Mama DD's xxx
On Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:15 AM
Thanks Jump! That website really helped.
By etoile_et_lune
On Sat Nov 26, 2005 04:55 AM
You could try looking up Russian costume sites or Russian figure skaters personal sites and see if they give you any links. Good luck with your presentation. Let us know how you go :)
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I gave my presentation last Tuesday and it went really well. Just glad it's over now! Public speaking is not my favorite, but it was fun talking about skating. :)

ReplySendWatch