Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Try Outs for next Season...What does it take?
By KyDancer360
On Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:54 AM

Basically what I want to know is what does it take to be a dancer on a high school team? My technique isn't all that great, I have double turns and all my leaps down...So what should I work on to prepare myself for try outs in April?

4 Replies to Try Outs for next Season...What does it take?

re: Try Outs for next Season...What does it take?
By dancnpantzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 14, 2005 08:47 PM
I have been wondering the same thing. I have no experience on dance teams but girls at my school say you do: split leaps, switch leaps, center leaps, triples, fouettes, and kicks. Every school is different, though! Good luck with tryouts!
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Oct 16, 2005 01:18 PM
I'm trying out for my high school dance team next year too, and my dance teacher is on it right now, so thats alot of help. She said to get on it, you have to be able to do a double piroutte, good toe-touch, good leaps, and a decent axle.
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 01:21 PM
it depends look at your propestive team and see what they are doing you see my team isnt very good and the team as a whole can only do singles but if your team is busting out triples then it would be alot harder getting on then my crappy team and also do they compete and if so what level that usually gives you some clues i hope i helped
By KicksElitePoms
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 04:51 PM
It all depends on the team, coach, your auditioning competitors, and whoever is judging tryouts. Talk to/email/call the coach (or a current member if you can't get ahold of the coach) and ask about the requirements to make the time. In my experience, it's varied so much- anywhere from a double and no toures/fouettes to a quad and the ability to go forever. And that's just turns :).

Good luck!

ReplySendWatch