Let's vent with THINGS WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SAY!!!!
By Dream_chaser
On 10/14/2005 22:12:30
Another post made me think that we should do a post of things we would really like to say to parents or students.

Should I start?

Ok, I think that I will.

Dear Mrs. Doodoobrain - Your child is lazy, she whines all the time (just like you), is a drama queen (just like you), and does not give two hoots about any of the other students because she thinks she is the star of the studio (just like you tell her). She will NEVER be a dancer so I hope she has good accounting skills. Oh, by the way, she is going to be 18 so I think it is time you stop doing her hair and makeup in the morning before school and at shows. She is a big girl now!!

Dear Mr. Knowitall - your precious child who you want to have a thousand solos for has not talent to speak of. She has not stretch, no coordination and when she was three was NOT the next Shirley Temple.

BTW, both types are no longer with me (thank goodness) but I wish I could have told them off like that!!

What would you like to say to your most annoying parents or students?
re: Let's vent with THINGS WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SAY!!!!
By llwdance
On 10/14/2005 22:58:14
I feel's like a putz. I don't have anything to complain about yet! Well it's only been 2 wks.

The worst thing that happened this week was a student teacher phoned 30 minutes before the class she was helping with to say she couldn't make it because of homework. I would normally give them a hard time about getting a replacement, calling me sooner, responsibility, etc. But the fact was there was nothing I could do about it at the time, I was in the middle of teaching a class, and I knew yelling at her wouldn't do any good.

Sorry I couldn't come up with anything juicier! This time last year & I would have had a list!
By SpringsDance
On 10/15/2005 20:18:09
You all are making me LOL!!!
I agree with all the above!
By bisousbisou
On 10/16/2005 06:54:46
Dear Mr. Dad of a 2 year old who lied and said she was 3:

No I do NOT agree that you should take up a collection to get a larger TV monitor so you can see your daughter better, then critisize her at the end of the class for "not staying with the group".

After all since with a two year old you have EXTENSIVE experience in dance studios with much larger TV screens than mine (as you recounted to my manager)....hey wait a minute! Why not GO REGISTER THERE!!

Or maybe you'll just take the hint that the whole idea is not to make you too comfortable so that you won't stalk me every week ....get a life....run an errand....and let me DO MY JOB!
By bisousbisou
On 10/17/2005 16:23:04
Dear Mrs "I Never Got That Notice".
Why in the world would the ENTIRE STUDIO receive a notice in their file folder except you?
Duh.
By llwdance
On 10/17/2005 21:34:07
I guess the more 'normal' things get, the more vent's I'll have. Here's the closest to a vent. READ your NEWSLETTER! I had a teenager ask me tonight why don't we have a "Bring A Friend" week any more, like when she was little? Hello it's on the bulletin board it's in the newsletter and I just reminded the entire class that next week is Halloween parties & Bring a Friend Week! Ah, that's a teenager for ya! I'm sure it's just the beginning.
By buckeye2
On 10/18/2005 20:22:32
Hey Noshow,
WHERE ARE YOU?! You signed up for a private lesson, requested the old owner as a teacher, so I persuaded her to come back, just to teach YOU. Now where are you?! You still owe the first months fees, which you said you'd pay 3 weeks ago. Oh, and the shoes that I had to order for you - I've got them. I hope you plan on paying for them because no one else in the studio wears that style. When I call you, don't tell me you "forgot". Had you acutally paid for the lessons I bet you'd remember.

It's the ones you go out of your way for that burn you in the end. But I will learn one of these days...
By llwdance
On 10/18/2005 21:12:41
Oh my Molly that sounds like my night tonight. A big bunch of teenagers, student teachers, that all think they can contribute to the class instruction. Oh & certainly the music selection. Tonight's quote "ms lori can we do this combo". They all cheer "yeah that was great" as they walk thru it (15 versions of it). Well why is it that ms lori doesn't know what they're talking about? duh, it's the combo from 2 summers ago! How could I forget? NO we cannot do it! There are new students that need to learn, not watch you dance! It was a full moon, so that explains the teens the past 2 nights. My mom always sweared that classes go to pieces on full moons. I think I believe her.
By SpringsDance
On 10/19/2005 09:56:15
LOL at all the posts

Dear "can I stay in class mom/dad"
Did you read my policies? Don't you see the others are not staying in class?
We have observation days...NOT TODAY!
smile, lol.
By danzfanatik
On 10/19/2005 12:00:59
Oh Miss Molly, I wish I had your courage!!! Last night one of my girls suddenly showed up to class after missing two weeks in a row. I had assumed she had died or something. I had tried calling and leaving messages, but no one ever called me back. I was livid! But.....I held it in. I calmly told the child that the next time she had to miss class, she needed to have her mother call me so that I knew when she would be back. Then I wrote her mother a very patient, pleasant note, reminding her of my 'call when you have to miss' policy- which she signed and agreed to.

Well, apparantly when the mom got there, the child was crying. The mom storms into the dance room and demands to speak to me. I knew she was pissed and I was shaking but I held my ground and told her she would have to speak to me after class. She scribbled a very long, nasty note about how she is far to busy (listing all the things she did last week including her laundry) to call and that I should just assume the child is coming back unless told otherwise. and ps- she does not sit around eating Bon Bons, thank you very much-

She left saying very loudly that they will not be back if this is how they are going to be treated! All the while I was thinking 'good riddance! your child is lazy, you owe me $200, and I don't need you! Oh and it seems to me that you had plenty of time to scribble your little hate novel to me, yet you couldn't spare ten seconds for a measly phone call!'

What I really wanted to say "Your child isn't crying because I yelled at her or because she got in trouble, she's crying because she's missed all the choreography and is consequently on the back row- of course she's going to be upset that everyone is running into her because she doesn't know where she's going" Of course, I'm far too timid to actually say that, but hopefully I will grow an even thicker skin and I know that when I finally stand my ground- I'll feel so much better!
By acronut
On 10/20/2005 08:20:52
Dear "MissIthinkI'm a BalletDiva & Mom",
Solos do not start until after the 1st of the year, you don't get to pick your song, and if u don't stop screwing around in ur ballet class u will not get a solo. And u should believe ur ballet teacher when she says she is communicating with me, i know eveything that u have been up 2. After 5 years of ballet for 3 hrs a week all year round, suddenly u can't do glissade assemble? well i guess ur not such a diva.

And mom, the sun does not shine out of ur daughter's A**, so stop filling her head. It's one thing to be encouraging but now ur just making everyone one including me sick.
MK

oh that's just the beginning, i could go on and on and on and on.... like the energizer bunny, LOL

Kate
By buckeye2
On 10/20/2005 09:58:50
I had a student come back this year who has very low self-esteem. I have a difficult time dealing with people like this. Every week I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around them and can only say good things to help them feel good about themselves. If I try to give a correction, they just feel even worse about themself. I'd like to help improve their self-esteem, but I have other students in the class to. I can't just stand around and give them compliment after compliment. Seriously, there were times last year where a compliment was given to another student and this one said "oh, I must not be any good since no one said I did it good too". UGH! They started up again last night with their "I'm no good, I should just quit." I tried to be positive with my response: "You shouldn't quit. You just came back from a break - keep trying". Then they said it again. And I was already tired of that attitude. So this time I said "That's always an option". They shut up after that. They signed up for dance - I didn't force them to. If you want to quit - quit. If you want to be here, then stop complaining!

Dear "I'm No Good, Maybe I Should Just Quit",

Yeah, if that's your attitude, then you should. I was nice last year and kept encouraging you. But not this year. You must like dance since you came back. So put some of that energy into trying and asking questions rather than just putting yourself down after you fail with your half-hearted attempt and then expect people to say something nice to pull you back up. Don't complain about not having any friends this year. The students probably feel the same way I do. Would you be motivated by hearing someone constantly say "I'm no good, maybe I should quit"? Well this is the deciding point. Either practice and ask questions to get better, or quit. Your bad attitude has to go!
By buckeye2
On 10/20/2005 10:46:30
This student doesn't seem to have anything in their life that makes them happy. Everything has been a big self pity party. They came back to dance, in my opinion, to be able to hang out with old friends from last year. But those friends are tired of the "oh poor me" attitude and have basically been ignoring them. I'm not a medical professional, but is it possible that the student has depression? They've had the same attitude for over a year... but maybe that's just their personality. I'm at a loss on this situation.
By CPAJane
On 10/31/2005 20:58:19
Heres a good one: Mom calls me on SUNDAY at my HOME to tell me that Jillian (who is performing in 3 weeks) isn't having "fun" because there is too much pressure to learn the routine this quickly and might want to drop out of the performance...so I asked her (after listening and biting on to a dish towel so I would not scream and really tell her how I felt), I asked....you might want to ask Jillian if she thinks I'm having fun coming in on Sunday's to rehearse and having them roll their eyes when I say "lets do it again" because half of them don't KNOW it! Not to mention, that Jillian had to miss 2 rehearsals due to a family wedding and festivities which made her miss critical choerography. My husband just shook his head after eavesdropping on my conversation that lasted 30 minutes. Long story short...Jillian is doing the performance, but doesn't know if she wants to continue after this because it's too much (GOOD-BYE JILLIAN...DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE A$$ ON THE WAY OUT!!!)..thanks...just venting :)
WHAT ID REALLY LIKE TO SAY
By emstarr
On 11/05/2005 20:02:13
PARENTS WHO JUST DROP THEIR KIDS OFF AND NEVER KNOW ANY THING ABOUT ANYTHING BUT YELL AT YOU BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TELL THEM.

KIDS WHO DANCE WITH YOU FOR 10 YEARS AND STILL AND NEVER WILL HAVE TALENT LOOK AT YOU FUNNY WHEN U TELL THEM THEY CANT BE IN YOUR ADVANCED CLASS . COME ON ,
THE WALLS ARE FILLED WITH MIRRORS TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR SELF.

23 YEAR OLDS WHO YOU YELL AT AND THEN THEY HAVE THEIR MOMMIES CALL TO YELL AT YOU.

AQNY PARENT THAT TELLS U THEIR 2 YEAR OLD IS VERY ADVANCED. I LOVE THIS ONE
By acronut
On 11/15/2005 07:45:40
Ok this has got to be the best one so far for me this year.

We had storm warnings and 50 mile per hour winds and afterschool activities were cancelled, so I closed the studio. The winds and rains died down around 6:30, 7:00 p.m (mind you class starts at 5 ends at 9) so I see a wasted day but with the weather you never can tell. And I have had classes going when the power went out and parents didn't come pick up their kids and the kids from the next class were still being dropped off. Sorry that is way off tract but that's the back-round reasons for closing when the weather is bad.

So here goes, To All the Moms who think I have all the Time in the World:

I still have a day job, I can not predict the weather, I can not change the weather, and when the weather is bad and I get out of work at 4 get home at 4:30 and call every student to let them know class is cancelled before class starts at 5. And also if I didn't cancell class all of 10 out of 28 people would have shown up. If you would like to make the phine calls be my guest. And NO you can not have a make up there is no time for a makeup we are short on time this year anyway.

whew!!! that felt better, I just wish I could say that to the parents, intead of writting a letter apologizing for all the people who mis understood the policy about weather closing but that's good business, hahahahaha!!!

Kate
By SpringsDance
On 11/19/2005 22:30:47
Thanks for the laughter tonight, I just read a few of the posts I have missed and got a good laugh, I could definitely relate.
By danzfanatik
On 12/01/2005 21:23:27
Dear Parents, when I say your kid can't perform if I haven't gotten paid, I mean it. Don't bring your kid to the show all dolled up and think I'll either have a heart or conveniently forget that you owe me $300. Believe me- I know exactly who owes me what and exactly how much they owe me. I don't forget- I think you would notice if your boss didn't pay you!
By buckeye2
On 12/06/2005 20:15:47
Dear "I don't get paid until Friday",
If you're going to post date your check - DON'T GIVE IT TO ME! Why not just wait until the date you HAVE the money?! It's not past the due date, so you'll still make the deadline. But you did get one up on me - I wouldn't have seen the date had you SIGNED your check. Now, I have to wait for you to come back in and sign it. To those who didn't think to give me a post dated, unsigned check, stop whining about having to make a second trip into the studio this week because you "forgot your checkbook". It's a little thing called the USPS. For a small fee of $0.37, they will pick up the payment at your house and bring it to me! Amazing how that works!
By danzfanatik
On 01/17/2006 22:40:08
To the dad who came in to complain about how you don't like our parking lot- "Um yeah, so what do you expect me to do about it. I'm sorry that your gigantic SUV doesn't fit in the parking spaces and that you can't park, but that's not my problem. And why the hell do you think you have the right to interupt my class in the first place for such a trivial thing. I am so sick of parents who complain just for the sake of complaining. I just want to say, "Why did you even bring that up, if you knew that there was nothing I could do about it? Did you just want to make me feel bad or something? Get a life!"
By pharmadancer
On 03/08/2007 06:59:41
test
By buckeye2
On 03/24/2007 12:11:17
Dear "WhyWon'tMyKidPayAttention" - SHUT UP! You are the one distracting YOUR child in class when you sit in for observation and TALK. You are there to WATCH your child. If you want to talk to the other parents, then forget obervation and go out in the lobby!

Dear LaughignMom,
She's three. She's going to make mistakes. I don't care if she is standing in exactly the right spot or not. She was excited about dancing and move up a bit. It was the time they danced in their costumes. She's your child, so I would imagine you already know that it upsets her when you laugh at her. So now she's having a breakdown screaming fit in class because mommy laughed at her and she never wants to dance again. Thanks for a fun Thursday.
By buckeye2
On 04/11/2007 06:28:56
Really? I mean come on - really? I send your daughter to you with her costume so you can help her put it on. All the other kids in class have their costumes on, except for one who's MOTHER is helping her put it on. Both my assistant and I are busy adjusting costumes. So you take your kid's costume out of the bag and then send her back over to me to help her put it on?! Thanks for the help! I've got it. You just stand there.

And while we're chatting, let me remind you that no, your child can't have a make up lesson every time your daughter misses. That's in the registration agreement. And why don't you go pay your bill from last month that you told my front desk worker you already paid. I have no receipt and she worked all last month and doesn't remember you coming in.
By mcjekela
On 04/23/2007 08:11:50
Ok this is so hysterical that I printed all 5 pages and am putting them in a binder to keep at my desk. Of course, nobody realizes that if I wanted my office to be a public place, I'd set up my desk in the middle of the waiting room...
By buckeye2
On 04/26/2007 19:00:28
Hey "I've Got a Boyfriend",

I hope you realize that making him come to the studio with you isn't going to help your relationship. He is a teenage guy who really doesn't want to spend his evening in the waiting room of a dance studio waiting on you to finish. It annoys me to no end when you girls insist upon bringing them to dance. Yeah, that's great - you have a boyfriend. I don't need to see him to believe you!

And most certainly don't come bouncing in like you own the place and start acting like you are the star dancer at the studio who is all buddy buddy with the owner.

Thanks for the headache tonight.
re: let's vent with things we would really like to say!!!!
By buckeye2
On 10/03/2007 21:34:07
Hey Pushy Mom -

Your daughter does NOT want to take dance. This is the third year you've enrolled her at my studio, and the third year she's quit within the first month. COME ON ALREADY! She has told you point blank she isn't into and doesn't want to do it. At 13, I think she knows. And you've told me that you are pushing her into it because you like dance. I do have adult classes...

Hip Hop girl - please just stop talking. Everyone else loves that class and all you ever do is complain. You whine that it's too fast, too hard, whhhh yyyy ? STOP IT! Suck it up and practice. No one else complains so why don't you just TRY. You can do it, and if I hear you say one more time "I CAN'T", I'm gonna scream!
By buckeye2
On 10/09/2007 06:33:33
Are you serious?! I was nice and let you store the stupid things here while you moved out from your boyfriend. So you decide it's okay to be a month late taking them out. You do relize you told me AT LEAST 4 weeks in a row "I'm getting them this weekend." So I was nice and didn't throw them in the dumpster. I really wanted to but I'm too nice. So I let them stay in the middle of the storage area, looking all cluttered (I HATE CLUTTER!) in hopes you will get them soon.

But, OH OH, before you do that - you decide to SPRAY PAINT them INSIDE in the same place you had set them?!?!?!?!?!? Yeah, it does NOT make for a happy boss when she comes in and sees white spray paint all over her dance floor and carpet! Oh, and there was that happy little pattern from where you can see that you did put down newspaper.

But did you try to clean it up?! Nope. You wait to see if I'll notice. FYI - my cleaning person is NOT there to clean up YOUR mess. You should have been the one to mop the floor. You should have been the one to at least attempt to vaccume it up. This is the last thing I want to find when I get to the studio half an hour before classes start!

This is what kills me! You knew you made a mess, but you didn't even bother to clean it up. WOW! And after I let you store those things at the studio for waaaaay longer than you orginally said and then you paint them INSIDE (on a day it was 85 and sunny out! GO OUTSIDE) getting spray paint all over the floor, yeah - you expect ME to come in and clean it all up? I'm NOT your maid. I'm your boss.

And yes - you will bring your carpet cleaner in this weekend and try to get it up. And you will replace the carpet if it doesn't work.

And you're older and more mature than me...

You make my head hurt!
By Tapndance
On 10/16/2007 13:20:51
I've got a million of the "your daughter does not want to dance so stop toruting her AND the other students by letting her cry and throw a fit every week"

Dear Ms. cheap, lazy mom,
I told you taht your 4 year old and 7 year old could not be in the same class. I can't imagine why the 4 year old cries every week..maybe b/e there is no way in hell she can keep up with the experienced 5 year olds and her 7 year old sister?
Oh and I also told you that the 7 year old was too old for the 5 year olds...
What? You want to switch them both out into their appropriate age groups now? Really? And how do you expect your inexperienced 7 year old to now catch up with the 7-9 year olds who have been dancing at their age level for 2 months now while your 7 year old played the hokey pokey???
Oh you paid for the whole month and feel you should get your money back if I don't allow this switch??? REALLY!
By buckeye2
On 11/07/2007 17:40:11
AD,

Are you freakin nuts?! I just heard you say in one of your classes that the girl's boyfriend should join. Have we not talked about this!? How every time a couple is in dance, they break up and screw the class right before recital. That's studio experience you have told me about. And have you not told me 100 times that you don't like this girls boyfriend. So why, oh why, are you encouraging him to join. Lets think about this. Girl has a HUGE debt to me already. Boy lives with girl. Boy and girl have no money. HUH?!?!?!?!?!?

You make my head hurt.
By cabrioleenhaute
On 11/07/2007 17:55:50
Dear 11 year old girl,

While I understand that sometimes life sucks, I need you to realize that crying week after week for a year and a half because your parents got "divorced" is unacceptable. First off Mommy wasn't even married to daddy. That guy at your house all the time, Not really your uncle.

Also I do not feel bad for kids who know they can't do cartwheels, attempt to do them when Miss Kiki turns her back, lands on their funny bone and cries. You do this week after week and week after week I tell you that cartwheels aren't even allowed in my ballet class! Where on earth do you ever see barre work that requires you to flip in the air like that? Furthermore, your funny bone is in your arm, last time I checked you can move your feet without your arm.
By buckeye2
On 11/11/2007 07:58:04
^ "And that guy at your house, not really your uncle" made me LOL!

While scrolling to the end of the page to get to the post button I realized like everyother post on this page is from me. Maybe I get annoyed by the little things, but it really does help me by being able to vent on the boards.

So this morning, I come into the studio to get ready for my monthly assistants training meeting. And I hear "WOOSHHHHH". And think "why is the heat on?". Yeah, I'm one of those people who either turn the heat off, or down, when we're not here, depending on the outside temperature. I had left a note for the teacher running the class yesterday to turn it off when she left. So I was annoyed she hadn't. But I figured she'd atleast turn it down. NOPE. Still on, full blast. All evening and night into this morning. Wonder how much that will cost me? One furnace - heating the entire studio - that long. For no reason. Mind you, I have 3 heating units that I can run to heat the place because of it's size and layout. UGH! I'd like to take it out of her paycheck. But that's probably unethical.

And all this after she gets to the practice she scheduled without her studio key. When she asked to schedule this practice I told her it wasn't a good time because I would only be able to stay for the first hour. She choreographs the routine and then I clean it during the weekly practice. So I need to know what it's supposed to be. Anyway, she insisted we do it this weekend. Whatever. So I tell her I'm leaving and she wants to know when I'll be back. Never. My meeting will last an hour after your practice is over. Remember?! Nope. So I had to loan her a spare studio key since she didn't bring hers. AHHAHHAHHGHGHGHGH!.

Is this really the same crap every boss must tolerate?
By Suzannes
On 01/12/2008 18:22:48
I have to tell you that I happened by this website accidently...I signed up today! ...and I have never been so entertained! I have laughed out-load! I have had my studio for 30 years..and my second location for 15 years.....I thought I had seen and heard it all! You owners are hysterical! What therapy you have been for me today!!! Tanks for all the fun!
By twinkletoz
On 09/29/2008 21:33:55
Every time I want to sell the studio because I can't take stupid obnoxious parents, I read these comments and I know it is not just me and I am ready to bring it on.
By twinkletoz
On 09/30/2008 21:03:50
mollypeach - what are you doing now. Is there life after the studio
By cabrioleenhaute
On 09/30/2008 22:00:39
dear mom who makes me very unhappy, so, you're not understanding why the class is now full? Well this is how a waitlist works, class is full, kid goes on waitlist, your kid drops class, next kid takes that class. So really, when your kid decides two months later to just rejoin, then she goes on the waitlist. No ma'm, it's not customary ANYWHERE just to hold a spot in ahighly popular class just because your child may want to go ahead and come back. Dear mom who gives in way too easily what? Your child is in 6th grade and was placed in a class of 5th and 6th graders? What you're child's 7th grade best friend who has been my student for a couple years now isn't in your child's level two class? HOW SAD! Have fun sitting on the couch playing those video games from now on since you quit because I don't give in. I really hope you buy her a wii, because part of the problem she is having is the big macs she shoveled in on her way out my dance door! PS---I am not one to say overweight people shouldn't dance. I understand there are just some uncontrollable situations, however, at the age of 6th grade, when you weigh more than my pregnant office lady who is 5'9" and you are sitting pretty at 4'5" that sets an alarm for me. Your child has had ankle problems, knee problems, and also breathing problems, and yet you continue to feed her that junk DAILY. I understand what it's like to eat on the run, I understand what it's like to not have time to prepare healthy meals, but moderation and alternatives are the key! You rock my friend, you rock!
By Kris31
On 10/07/2008 14:12:47
Why do you bring your child to dance 30-45 minutes before their class and allow them to mess up the lobby? Do you not think that it bothers us???
By elitedanzerjo
On 10/09/2008 20:12:14
Dear Redneck momma, No, I don't have to follow the same dresscode as the kids because I'm the TEACHER!! I am critiquing their placement, not the other way around!! I am an adult, they are kids!!! Is your bedtime the same as your child's??? I can't believe you even ask... Dear Drama Mamas in the corner, If you have nothing to do but complain and criticize, go somewhere else!! "The monitor's blurry...I can't see my kid when she gets in the corner of the room...it's too hot, it's too cold.. you're not gonna charge a late fee when I'm 2 months late, are you?? I've been here for years and you'd do that to me?! Can my 5 year old move up to the 9 year old class???!!" Look lady, your child is not the next dance diva of the century...if she's in the corner, there's probably nothing to see!! You don't have to watch the whole (*&(* class!! And, if it's sooooo bad, please take your drama down the street!! PLEASE!!!! lol Dear Dresscode drama, It's in the policies that you SIGNED and INITIALED...it's no surprise!! Follow the rules or don't play! It's that simple! But, don't say you're confused or didn't know when it's posted in a HUGE sign 3 different places in the lobby!!! And, please don't have me believe that you can't afford to buy her pink tights when I know what you and your husband do for a living!! Geez.... Dear Whycan'tmychildbeinthatroutine, Because she's not good enough!!!!! She doesn't have the talent, the skill, the desire, nor the coordination...she cannot keep up. You want her to be something she's not!!! There, I said it! If she's having fun, GREAT! But, stop yelling at her!!! She is not capable!! To all parents who won't pay on time... When you don't pay your water bill, it gets cut off...when you don't pay your car payment, it's repossessed...when you don't pay the power, you have no lights. When you DON'T PAY FOR DANCE, you're child ain't dancin' in my class!!! End of story!!! And, don't tell me that because I have a nice car, I must be charging too much!!!! I have a nice car because I've EARNED it!! Because I don't take crap and I don't let you ppl get classes without paying!! It's also because I run one great studio!! So, pay your bills...pay your late fees or get cut off. Yes, this feels great!!! To all you studio owners out there, don't you wonder sometimes why you do what you do? The teachers never understand just what we go through. They say sh*& runs downhill but, in a dance studio, our customers like to through it all up top!! We have to take it all!! So, go do what you do but, don't let your students take class for free...don't be taken advantage of...remember that you have a very special skill that is hard to come by...if you were a doctor, you would charge for those skills and talents...you are a DANCER that can also teach and inspire others in an art form and sport!!! There are very few great dance teachers/studio owners out there percentage wise to anything else...so, value what you do and if you value what you do, others will, too!! If you constantly let others take advantage of you, you will never receive what you deserve. Dance teachers/studio owners don't have to be POOR!!! Make a good living...you deserve it! You are working crazy hours, neglecting time with your family, and caring for children!!!!!!! There, DONE!!!
By Kris31
On 10/10/2008 13:45:53
Attention all parents!! We are letting you know NOW - 8 MONTHS in advance that you will need to get off of work for Dress Rehearsal. NO!!!! We can not take your child to dress rehearsal for you and watch her and her 3 friends while we direct rehearsal!! No!!!!! We can not bring snacks and drinks!!!! NO!!!! They can not miss it because you can't get off of work!!! We know you work!!! That is why we are telling you NOW - 8 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!! We will continue to send this note home, email this note and post this note in the studio every week for the next 8 MONTHS. PLEASE PLEASE try to read it at least once before you throw it away!!
By cabrioleenhaute
On 12/02/2008 21:27:24
Dear Mom, Yes you're right, it sucks that I can't give my dancers all a nice huge christmas present. I know I am a horrible person. Oh by the way Thanks for paying for nearly ONE of everything on the logowear order form, however, you neglected to pay your tuition, I hope you really only wanted the tote bag, its all you're getting!
By buckeye2
On 12/17/2008 13:41:38
Ditzy teen number 1: I know you are excited to finally be in public school instead of being home schooled. And shock, you have a boyfriend, and that's great. But I don't care if he comes to surprise visit you at 4. You still need to come to dance class at 6. Your mom pays for it. You already started a month late. Not to mention you've skipped atleast 4 practices already. And you're on the track team which means you will miss a ton more! And since it's DECEMBER, I expect you to know what time your class starts by now. 6PM. How hard is this. But thanks, thanks for telling Ditzy Teen # 2 at school that you'd see her at 7. So you BOTH missed class this week. It's always great when I have 2 people out of 6 show up for a class. But you're SOOOOO excited to dance. Then freakin' come! To my lazy, full of excuses ballet class: Yes, yes it sucks that your old teacher left. And yes it sucks that the new started then quit just when you started to like her. And I know you all hated her replacement. But you were "epic failures" (according to the teacher) and then she flaked out and just didn't show. So I know - it's frusterating that you haven't had much consistancy. It's not my fault. I'm working my butt off to find a new, good teacher. So it'd be nice if you could bother to show up instead of making lame excuses. Oh you have finals... maybe you should have thought about studying the night before? You are only here for an hour. Seriously. You need to learn to prioritize. I'm not saying that dance comes before school. But I bet you have had tons of freetime that you have just been sitting around doing nothing because "oh, I can skip dance and just study then". Maybe when you start paying your own bills, you will actually show up for what you pay for. I'm sick and I'm grumpy. Can ya tell?
By Rose
On 12/18/2008 03:22:06
That's because parents don't have / show responsibility themselves.
By CoachT
On 12/25/2008 20:25:26
Dear Parent of Competition Kid who ROYALY screwed her team, Thanks for not having a backbone and for not following your commitment. Thanks for leaving 6 routines is absolutel shambles and not even having the common sence to CALL me or TALK TO ME IN PERSON. Instead you have your 14yr old email me. SHAME on you for not having any respect, morals, courtesy, and ethics, for the other girls, the studio, me the coach and for your own daughter. Thanks for not returning my call or email. Thanks for not giving me any warning at all that you were going to let your child flake on us. Sincerely, CoachT & the 13 other competition girls you SHAFTED!!!!
By DanceRevOS
On 02/16/2009 00:49:43
dear mrs. idontknowhowtorunmyownstudiosoiwilljustcopyyours besides the fact that you are trying to move into the facility i just moved out of...it's not cool to copy another studios policy and insert your name into it. come on, it's so obvious it's hilarious...did you not think i would find out?your a big girl now and have owned a studio longer than i have. you should probably just close yours since you can't keep a teacher and treat them like crap anyway. how many have quit or gotten fired since you opened? all except the one you have now. oh and dont be upset that the other one who just quit decided to work for me cuz it was her decision...and now she is happy dancing and teaching for the first time in 7 years. sux doesn't it?
By DanceRevOS
On 02/16/2009 12:37:43
geez parents, why can't you teach your children to follow through with commitments? let's quit dancing in the middle of february after i just ordered your costumes so you can decide to take acting classes instead after you have been in class all year and the teacher has already choreographed the routine... you are teaching your kids to just give up and quit when something better or different comes along...
By DanceRevOS
On 02/16/2009 20:26:39
Thanks so much to all the schools who allow students to be on both cheer and dance team! Now that they have absolutely no time or money, they can drop the studio classes that got them on your team in the first place.
By rockthehouse
On 02/28/2009 20:30:53
besides the fact that you are trying to move into the facility i just moved out of...it's not cool to copy another studios policy and insert your name into it. come on, it's so obvious it's hilarious...did you not think i would find out?your a big girl now and have owned a studio longer than i have.
^^ That happened to me only down the street. Hey big head...Put on you're big girl panties and figure it out for yourself. ps:Stop using my choreography too!
By Rose
On 03/26/2009 16:52:19
March 1, I sent an email to all my students: "If you want pictures of yourself in your dancecostume, fill in this form and hand it over + the money to your teacher BEFORE March 28." Today, March 26, I get an email from a mom: "I want you to plan my daughter for this and I will pay next week." Me: "We will not make reservations without being paid. You can still pay tomorrow. I'll be present in the afternoon, but you can put it in our mailbox anytime you want." She again: "Couldn't you be at the studio tomorrow morning so I can hand it over to you personally?" NO, OF COURSE NOT! You had 26 days to do so. You waited untill the very last. Now give you me a very good reason why I should rearrange my agenda at such a late call to please you? O! I know something! If you want me to be present at the studio for you and only you and you alone, I will charge you a privat class. So, that will be 30 euro for the privat class and 20 euro for the pictures. Thank you very much!"
By SkyeRyder
On 03/26/2009 19:00:17
I guess my biggest beef is parents who don't call to let me know they are dropping. Then of course they don't want to pay even though it states clearly in their contract they must call the studio to drop or they will be charged until they do. All the other irritating things parents do I just let slide off my shoulders..I'll live longer lol. Some advice for studio owners. Be tough, many parents will take advantage if they perceive you as weak. Most of the parents at my studio are a bit intimidated by me and that's a good thing ;) I have very few problems.
By DanceRevOS
On 03/27/2009 01:50:58
at least have the decency to let us know you are not coming back or can't afford it... i have already ordered your costumes because you registered and agreed to do the recital. so now i have to just waste my money on costumes i can't use. guess what? you still have to pay for what you commited to.
By CoachT
On 04/07/2009 08:57:51
Complain about the costs of costumes and that you WONT pay for yet another one.....then go to competition and complain to me when we are there that we should have gotten newer nicer team costumes, like so and so. I wanted to do that but you complained so much and got the other parents to complain that I decided not to pick that battle.....NOW you feel stupid!!!! Oh so that made my decision for next years costumes even that much easier - YES you will be buying MANY more!!!! and Im sure you'll complain about that too!!!!
By trfrancis
On 04/07/2009 13:10:21
And to add to californiadancer's post in April 2009: Being out of town or on vacation is not an excuse of why you shouldn't pay a late fee!
By DanceRevOS
On 04/07/2009 22:45:29
for real people...pay it before you go out of town, not after...
By buckeye2
On 05/14/2009 07:47:16
Are you serious? Do you not see the "TEACHERS ONLY" sign? When I say you will get your costume when you come to your solo, that's what I mean. It doesn't mean... sneak in the back to the off limits teacher lounge where you aren't allowed to be anyway, then leave me a note that says "HA HA I GOT TO SEE IT!". ARE YOU SERIOUS! I really don't care that you saw it. It just means that you will probably skip your solo class again hurting only yourself. But what I do care about is that you are invading my space where you aren't supposed to be!
By dancefocus
On 05/14/2009 13:43:40
Hi, I have a question about the late fee, I had a mom absolutely flip out on me because I charged her a late when she was two months behind. I had been very patient with tuition because the family is in the middle of a divorce but it was getting ridiculous. I have to pay bills too and your daughter no matter how sympathetic I am in in 4 classes! She actually stood in front of everyone and started loudly complaining that I was going lose people for charging a late fee in this economy. I simply said my bills are due on time too and when I pay my bills late, I also get a late fee. Jeez..I tried to be nice. So, is everyone's policy that you always charge a late fee no matter what? I almost feel like you can't be nice about it ever...
By Rose
On 05/14/2009 16:11:58
^Dancefocus, this thread is to vent about things happening in our studios. Usually funny to read (when it happens to someone else). Read the previous posts to get an impression of what this thread is about. Your question is better as a new post. You will get the right responses there.
By cabrioleenhaute
On 05/19/2009 11:23:39
Dear Mom who thinks her 16 year old is the one that should raise her sister. Yes today was picture day, during class, it is not my fault that your daughter went home crying because I would not let her be in the group picture without her costume on. I did offer to either come back at a different time to get her individuals, or take them in her leotard she came in. Also, sorry I didn't give you a reminder call (was not aware i should call everyone personally to remind them, when I sent out a massive amount of emails, and it was in all newsletters) Also it is not my fault that you thought class was cancelled. I am sorry your sixteen year old daughter can't figure out that just because the GYMNASTICS entrance is locked, with the lights off, doesnt mean the DANCE ENTRANCE is open. We aren't even part of the gymnastics program. We have no affiliation with that. Also, read your policies and procedures it says that we shouldn't use their entrance as a way into the building in the first place. Thanks for the 30 minute phone call telling me how this is all my fault. You were yelling so loud the other parents in the room could hear it through the phone, and they all agree its not my fault, and have filled me in how your daughter drives her there every week, and doesnt bother half the time to come in to make sure she gets to her spot. This is not my fault...at all.
By Rose
On 06/14/2009 08:50:49
I used to cancel classes two days before any recital, just not to be confrontated with the stressparents these last days. Recently I found out that a competitive studio cancels classes for a complete WEEK before her recital. She must have suffered severe stress! But I would like to follow her :). I tell the parents I need these days to prepare the recital. Like taking things to the theatre, building up things, finishing touch of costumes, talks with the theatre technicians. They take it. O, and the week after my recital is also 'no classes'. I really need the studio and the time to sort out costumes (studio owns them), wash them, clean them, store them. And have a huge rest after the recital.
By tutuedtulip
On 07/03/2009 01:37:40
Dear Father of three dancing children, I appreciate that times are hard, and you are doing your best to pay outstanding tuition in installments, however it is not okay to put a notice on my notice board about an exciting but anonymous summer school, with "West End Professionals" who are unnamed, without clearing it with me first. Offering my thirteen year old a place on said summer school as part payment of your outstanding tuition is also absolutely not OK. Why on earth would you think it is acceptable to discuss monies owed with a thirteen year old? Yes, it may seem a good idea, but surely one you would discuss with me, or are you hoping that "pester power" will ensure success?
By CoachT
On 07/29/2009 21:34:01
Dear Rude Parent, I got your email and all I can say is wow. Your upset that the COMPETIION PROGRAM is requiring your COMPETITION twirler to be part of COMPETITION CLASSES. What in the world do you think the word COMPETITION means???? Seriously....I never asked you to come to my studio, and Im glad that you have all of a sudden decided that my fees are outrageous and that you sarcasticly wish me luck with my studio. Your fees are more because....drum roll.....YOUR GETTING MORE/ATTENDING MORE CLASSES. Hellllllooooooo....if I have to pay to have an instructor there teaching -- then guess what - - someone has to pay for the class?????? IM a business not a flipping charity!!!! AGGGG HHHH Oh and money wouldn't be so tight if you stopped buying $400 coach bags, and driving the latest and greatest cars, and showing it all off to everyone....but guess what Im happy your life is so great - go drink yourself to sleep crazy lady!!!! ***Ok end of rant** Thanks
By Rose
On 09/19/2009 10:03:22
No mom, you can't first enter daughter1, demand a place for daughter2 after that, then after the try out class say that daughter2 needs to finish her swimminglessons first, then take daughter1 out of classes because her scedule is too full, do all of that in 2 weeks time and expect me to take any of your girls ever again. I said 'no' to other kids to offer your kids a place and now you do this to me? I would love to say in your face: "You're on my black parents list now", but instead I will send you a huge bill for the three classes your daughters followed. Believe me, YOU DESERVE IT!
By Rose
On 09/24/2009 15:35:39
O Mom! And now I sent you that huge bill, you suddenly want to keep your daughter dancing! NOW you are motivated to encourage your children! JEEE, you're too lazy for parenting, unless you feel it in your wallet. What a great mom you are! No, I will not accept your child again. Out is out.
By CorDance
On 09/25/2009 12:26:54
i love these posts. makes me feel better that i am not the only one with nutcase parents and children! During a HipHop class a parent came up to me in the office and asked "how old is that little curly haired girl in the class? (she did not know this was MY daughter) I responded oh she is 5. Parent says Well I thought the class was for 6-8 year olds. I said my classes are not just based on ages its on ability as well. She said well my daughter thinks you put her in a baby class and does not want to come anymore. I said "First of all that "little curly haired girl" is my daughter and second of all she is perfectly capable of being in that class. and lastly I dont think its right for you or your daughter to be judging someone in the class just because they are smaller in height then yourself. the mothers face was priceless when i said that was MY daughter. hahaha I really wouldve liked to say F you, you stupid A** you can take your trashy self and your daughter and go elsewhere. and NOOOOO you are not getting a refund! I would also like to say Dear JerkOffDadwhothinksheisthelaw, Its not my problem your daughter decided to not come back to dance and its also not my problem that you did not read my registration form that clearly states ALL REGISTRATION MONEY IS NON REFUNDABLE. you are not getting money back whether you threaten me or not. You calling me 5, 6, 7 times does not scare me nor will it make me break my policy and give you your money back. You think I am shaking because you said "I am going to the courthouse!!" GOOOO please go!!! I will bring you there myself if it makes you feel better and I will be sure to bring the signed registration form, that YOU signed stating you understood the policy. oh and have a great day!!! Love, Miss Corinne this letter also pertains to MissParentwhowantedtoteachatmystudio, then suddenly two weeks later snapped and wanted all her money back. GOOD LUCK LADY!!!! Maybe you and MrJerkoffDadwhothinksheisthelaw, should carpool together to the courthouse! phew, that made me feel a lot better!!! Oh and to the 16yearoldknowitallinmycompany, have some respect for me and my teachers, your not as great as your mom tells you you are. actually you are no where near being great, so until you are, watch your mouth, dance without complaining, and stop trying to run my company!
By CorDance
On 09/25/2009 12:28:27
i love these posts. makes me feel better that i am not the only one with nutcase parents and children! During a HipHop class a parent came up to me in the office and asked "how old is that little curly haired girl in the class? (she did not know this was MY daughter) I responded oh she is 5. Parent says Well I thought the class was for 6-8 year olds. I said my classes are not just based on ages its on ability as well. She said well my daughter thinks you put her in a baby class and does not want to come anymore. I said "First of all that "little curly haired girl" is my daughter and second of all she is perfectly capable of being in that class. and lastly I dont think its right for you or your daughter to be judging someone in the class just because they are smaller in height then yourself. the mothers face was priceless when i said that was MY daughter. hahaha I really wouldve liked to say F you, you stupid A** you can take your trashy self and your daughter and go elsewhere. and NOOOOO you are not getting a refund! I would also like to say Dear JerkOffDadwhothinksheisthelaw, Its not my problem your daughter decided to not come back to dance and its also not my problem that you did not read my registration form that clearly states ALL REGISTRATION MONEY IS NON REFUNDABLE. you are not getting money back whether you threaten me or not. You calling me 5, 6, 7 times does not scare me nor will it make me break my policy and give you your money back. You think I am shaking because you said "I am going to the courthouse!!" GOOOO please go!!! I will bring you there myself if it makes you feel better and I will be sure to bring the signed registration form, that YOU signed stating you understood the policy. oh and have a great day!!! Love, Miss Corinne this letter also pertains to MissParentwhowantedtoteachatmystudio, then suddenly two weeks later snapped and wanted all her money back. GOOD LUCK LADY!!!! Maybe you and MrJerkoffDadwhothinksheisthelaw, should carpool together to the courthouse! phew, that made me feel a lot better!!! Oh and to the 16yearoldknowitallinmycompany, have some respect for me and my teachers, your not as great as your mom tells you you are. actually you are no where near being great, so until you are, watch your mouth, dance without complaining, and stop trying to run my company!
By Rose
On 09/28/2009 06:45:02
Well MOM, you NEVER showed up yourself in the studio, you send a not-Dutch hardly-speaking-English babysitter with your girl to us. So DON'T YELL AT ME BY E-MAIL that I am the one that is hard to communicate with! I told your girl (9 years old) that the colour of her leotard was wrong, and how she could change that easily: Go to Henny and say that you need to swop the leotard because of the colour. No costs involved. Just swop. I told your girl I would contact Henny myself to tell about this. I gave your girl a businesscard of Henny so you could contact her easily: by phone, by e-mail, by website to arrange this. Your girl, SHE IS NINE! SHE CAN UNDERSTAND THESE THINGS, SHE DID understand my story, SHE DID understand what needed to happen. Your girl is NOT upset because I involved her in this, she is upset because YOU STILL HAVEN'T SWOPPED HER LEOTARD! DO NOT yell at me because you don't have the time to do this! Your girl told me about that, and I was patient for you to do this. So, to send me out of the blue a yelling e-mail: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???? (yes!)
By Rose
On 10/06/2009 11:44:18
Most parents will not do that and then kids grow up thinking that whatever they do, someone else will fix it for them.
Most parents nowadays think that whatever they do, we will fix it for them too.
By buckeye2
On 10/13/2009 08:46:03
Dear Mrs. Iactlike Iowntheplace, I really wish you would learn to clean up after yourself. You do not teach that much and when you do I always have to come in and clean up the stuff you leave laying around in places it doesn't belong. I know that you are excited for your new job teaching dance at another location. I understand that it is far enough away that it doesn't even come close to being competition against me, but I still feel it is wrong to take copies of the CDs I purchased for my studio to use with you there. Your choreography, your notes, the music YOU purchased, sure. It can go. It's yours. Teach the same routine at both places - I don't care! We don't compete and I know your new location will not do competitions so it is not a problem. But still, for you to expect me to take time out of my day to burn copies the list of songs and CDs that I purchased for my studio to make your job easier somewhere else... that just isn't right. And please stop stealing my CDs that the kids bring in with song ideas for their solos on them. I need those. And I'm tired of telling the kids, oh I'm sorry - your CD was taken by another teacher. Some days - you just make my head hurt.
By buckeye2
On 11/09/2009 12:30:36
Dear Pop-in Parent, Saturday classes are privates only. We do not have open office hours. However if there is something you need, please ask the teacher who is here. Do NOT take my signs off the wall and use the back to write a message to call you. Thanks.
By Rose
On 12/07/2009 17:18:03
^ How desperate can you be?
By cmdc
On 12/08/2009 20:39:43
Dear Dumb A$$ dance parents, When you see me each and every week walk through the doors with my gigantic suit case that carries everything I need to teach since I don't have my own space, it should occur to you that 1) you should hold the door(s) open for me and not let them close in my face or walk off and not help when my suitcase is still outside and I've turned off the building alarm while I have a million things in both hands. 2) on a night like tonight where it's pouring out, and a tornado watch, and I have 2 sets of doors to walk through, I'm soaking, holding 5 things in one hand while the other drags the suit case, DO NOT SIT RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR AND WATCH ME STRUGGLE SEVERAL TIMES TO GET IT OPEN AND THEN DRAG MY SUITCASE THROUGH!!!!!!! Yes, YOU dumb sh!t dad who's daughter is a total retard, YOU should get up off your a$$ and open the effing door for me. And what pisses me off more is that you actually sat there and watched me watch you not help. I stared you down figuring you MIGHT ACTUALLY get up and help, but no, just let me struggle! And while your at it, clear out your damn email box so that the occasional one I send to you gets through and doesn't bounce back saying "sorry too full".
By Rose
On 12/18/2009 16:23:16
Today was the last day for students to give the entrance form for the recital (saying: "Yes, I will join the recital"). TEN students didn't, neither did they tell me they wouldn't do the recital or something else. So, I decided to send these 10 students an email saying: "This was the last day the give the entrance form. I didn't receive it, so I confirm now that your child will not perform in the recital." THAT does not come out of the blue, you know. I already sent two newsletters with this policy plus two emails to help them remember about this deadline. And all information says: "If you don't want to perform, don't hand in the entrance form." Now I get a response of a father who does NOT appreciate my last mail. Yes, he, his wife, daughter 1 and daughter 2 (doing 4 classes a week) did all forget the entrance forms for the kids, but he still doesn't like my mail. Sure Dad, next time I will skip you when informing others about what they/you forgot and then you will complain I didn't inform you. Don't you understand that my 'confirmation of not performing' is a last chance for you to change this? A last chance to yell: "WAIT! My child wants to perform!" Do you really expect a 'help you to remember' mail when the deadline is gone? Tssss, keep dreaming dummy.
By JazzyOne
On 12/20/2009 22:32:41
^^ You should be flattered that she wants to be like you!
By JazzyOne
On 12/21/2009 17:24:35
Hehe, or send her a Christmas gift of underpants and say, "Merry Christmas... here are some big girl panties for you. Now grow up and stop being a pain!" LOL
LOL Love It!!
By buckeye2
On 12/22/2009 09:59:20
Dear Leo's Rep, So sorry I inconvienced you today when I called. From all the voice automations I was put through, they all told me you were having phone problems today so I'm assuming you were planning on not having to answer any calls. Sorry I gave you my online order confirmation number instead of my order confirmation number. I didn't know there was a difference since I haven't recieved anything in the mail yet. So sorry you had to look it up for me. And I'm sorry I had to double think the color on the size I forgot to order. But thanks for pointing out rather rudely that I already ordered that color. I believe I started out the converation with "I would like to add something to my order that I left off. If that's not possible, then I would like to place an order for it." So clearly, if you didn't want to go through the bother, you could have lied and just said no - I'd need another order. And I could have done that online without having to bother you. But since you yelled when I gave you my studio number instead of my cell number to reach me so you can tell me if it goes though since you must get it approved by production first, I really hope you aren't the one to call me with the news. The studio is closed for Christmas Break - yes, I'm aware. I won't be there to answer. But you should also know that I never answer my cell phone either. :-) And I hope that my over-cheerfulness with your grumpy butt will help you have a better day. Or just annoyed the crap out of you for the few minutes we spoke. I would be pleased with either.
By DanceRevOS
On 03/07/2010 01:53:14
dear i want to pretend i'm a dancer and own my own studio, are you kidding me? if your parents knew what we all know now, they would not trust their kids with you at all. and to bring your kids to a competition? wow, i was embarassed for them...my 6 yr old could have done the same routine that one of your teens did. you are wasting parents time and money because you don't know how to dance/teach any higher than a beginner level at all. stop living a lie. what a shame...i pray that the truth is revealed very soon...
By buckeye2
On 03/14/2010 17:42:26
Dear Teachers, Please stop drinking the studio water. It is apparently causing pregnancy. And I can't teach all the classes by myself.
By CoachT
On 03/30/2010 06:20:29
Ok....Need to vent big time. This is to my parent who doesn't understand anything! Dear Pain in the behind, You are making your daughter hate baton because you can't seem to understand the rules. There is nothing that says YOU are in charge. I AM THE OWNER, DIRECTOR and HEAD COACH. NOT YOU!!!! The reason your daughter was invited to be an alternate for the older, higher level team is because she is not ready. She can not do the required tricks and the speed of the routine is way to fast for her. I told you this, and your interpertation was that I said....."she sucks".....funny how those exact words never crossed my lips. Funny that your waiting room moms throw you under the bus the second you walk out my door. Funny that you think its ok to tell me that I should of told you ahead of time of my coaching plans. REALLYYYYYY?????? Since when do you come into the equation of how I coach???? hmmmmmm NEVER EVER!!!! I am not going to change my ways.....I did nothing wrong.....so you better shut your pie hole before I tell you to leave and never return. The sad situation of this is that YOU told your daughter she is no good - NOT ME. I would never tell a child that ---- and now your mad at me because she is upset......WTF did you think was going to happen????? I hope you have a horrible work day today - because you made my work night last night just dandy. I really hope that you feel good about making your own daughter feel like crap. (end of vent)
By buckeye2
On 04/29/2010 13:59:18
Dear "But I bought 6 costumes" Mom, Recital Dates were posted in November. And everything was fine. The day/time your child would be performing was posted in Jan. And you said nothing. Now 2 weeks before the show you find out her elementary school graduation is the same time. I know the school puts these dates out well in advance because they are on the district calendar. And I'm sorry, but I can't reshecule all of her classes to perform on the opposite night. You're going to have to choose. Dear "Pow-wow On the Porch" Moms, I do not see how me having to tell your kid to stand up or stop spinning in circles atributes to my lack of discipline in the classroom. If I made her sit out every time she didn't pay attention, you'd be mad that she didn't get to dance enough. And if I didn't believe in discipline, I'd let her spin herself silly. And not many people care for you anyway, so if you don't come back next year, I think we will all survive. Let me draw you a map to the ballet school that is so strict the kids have to pee themselves in class because they are not permitted to use the restroom. And I'm not sure what your kid not wanting to be partners with another kid has to do with discipline either. Dance time outs for nose picking? Seriously? I've never seen it to stop it or else I would. But thank you 3rd mom who was in on it and did try to stick up for me. And thank you for telling me what was going on. And finally, Dear Overbooked Dancer, No, I will not be changing the picture schedule because you have a show. Picture times have been posted since March. You knew this. So why you decided to step into a show that you were only choreographing for but now HAVE to perform in, I don't know. But that was your choice. So if you have no dance pictures from your senior year... that again was your choice. Oh wait... one more, Dear "Why won't you let me help with recital", You wanted to build a set for the show. I said ok. You never brought in the flyers to ask for help like you said you would. Then when I asked last week how it was going, you said it wasn't happening and you gave up. Well, thanks for the heads up! Glad I thought to ask. Now I can rush around to figure out what to do for decorations. Oh and then there was the day I asked you to help me with shirts by typing up all the dancers names (from the parent approved correction list) into a Word Document. After 3 hours, I find there were only 20 names done... in Excel, and 4 of them were spelled wrong. Not so helpful... And you keep asking why I am not including you in recital planning. Enough with the drama, Your caring studio owner... who only has 93.5 more hours of dealing with you drama filled people. :-)
By DanceRevOS
On 05/11/2010 21:40:06
i'm sorry, but i never told you that we would alter your costumes for you, for free...its not in any of our recital information, costume information...yes you spent all that money on costumes, but i did not add an extra fee to your costume total to provide an alterations service...so sorry, my mom always had to alter mine, fortunately she sewed...i can help you safety pin your costumes, but i will not pay to have them altered. and if you are going to not come back next year because of that? good luck to you! because no other studio around here will do that either, and their costumes, tuition and fees will cost much more than mine and you will end up spending way more money just because i didn't make you happy...
By buckeye2
On 05/12/2010 08:25:40
Dear Loud Lobby Mom, I am so happy that you found another studio where you could take more classes for cheaper! And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for announcing it in the lobby last night when you bought a new baton - that your daughter would be able to use it at the other studio she is going to next year! Because of that comment, you let EVERYONE know that you wouldn't be back. And that means that I might actually keep every single one of those kids and parents who were unhappy with having to hear you in the lobby every week and thinking of not returning unless they were being placed in a different class. You acutally made my night. :-) In fact, I did a happy dance out the door when I left last night. See ya!
By cabrioleenhaute
On 06/02/2010 20:25:11
I'd just like to tell my dance parents it's really interesting that they heard that I was starting with the older kids first for dress rehearsal..Thanks for making the schedule for me!
By buckeye2
On 06/24/2010 14:46:46
Dear Bank, What the heck?! I go in to pay off my loan and you say it will take 2 days to find out the payoff amount. Really? So let me get this right... the bank has to file a request to itself to find out what is still owed. Thats like me having to file a request to my stomach to find out what it's hungry for. It shouldn't take 2 days for my brain to find out what to eat! And it should not take the bank 2 days to figure out what I owe them!
By Rose
On 07/30/2010 12:17:49
I asked you for the prizes of your marketing services. I did that online, using your website form, giving you my phone number as 0123456789 because I had to fill in something to be able to send the form. Now you ask me: "Can I call you?" WHAT DO YOU THINK???? WELL?
By OffCentre
On 08/03/2010 13:07:27
Oh the things I could say in this post but I will not hahahaha
By Rose
On 08/09/2010 14:54:56
"Dear Mom, You didn't read my FAQ, so I explained to you why your child is too young for this class, and there is no reason why you should be so denigrating about my policy. If you would have read my policy in the first place, you wouldn't have tried to enter your child at all. I would love to tell you how childish your reaction is, but I won't, because you will respond again and I don't want a cat fight with a child (as you are). Being Smarter than You, Studio Owner"
By miss_mo
On 08/10/2010 14:45:01
Dear My child is the only one that matters, No I cannot re-work my entire schedule for your child. And no, I absolutely do not want your help "tweaking" the schedule. Yes I am a new SO but I am not a child nor am I incompetent. Treating me as such does not win you or your child any points in my book. Dear My child is involved in everything, If your child wants to take 4+ hours at my studio, then she may have to give something up. There is no way in hell I am changing the schedule so that all 4 hours of her classes are on one night and start after 6:30. Seriously???? I'd like to get out of the studio before 11, thanks. P.S. Your child sucks!!! She is not now, nor will she ever be a dancer. I'm sorry. She just doesn't have it. You should save your money and find another creative outlet for her. P.P.S. Registration is a little early to start complaining about the way costumes fit. You buy clothes for your child, you must realize how hard she is to fit. She's taller than me and about as big around as my pinky. Yes, the costumes are going to be a little big if we want them long enough to fit her. No, I will not be responsible for alterations. READ THE STUDIO POLICIES!!!! Dear irresponsible teacher, I think I was being more than nice when I said that you and your friends could do Zumba at the studio when I'm not there. I've even ignored the fact that I've never seen the few bucks you offered to put towards the power bill. However, if I come into the studio one more time and have to clean up after your a$$es, I am going to lose my mind! You are all 35 and older. You're not children used to your mom picking up after you. You're already on thin ice with me. Don't push it. I don't care how long I've known you, I'm the new owner and things WILL be done MY way. And another thing...I've heard the rumors that you are planning to get certified to teach Zumba and are going to start teaching classes in MY studio. Not without discussing it with me first. And don't think for a minute that you'll be getting all the profits if I temporarily go insane and it does happen. I don't trust you, I think you're flakey, and if it weren't for our history (she was an assistant teacher in the studio I grew up in) you would already be gone. There's a reason the only classes you have are team-taught with me. I know you've had a lot going on in your personal life over the past several years, but it's about time you get over it. Sometimes life isn't easy, but if you're not willing to help yourself, there's nothing I or anyone else can do. Grow up. Get a day job. There's no way you can support your 3 kids on what I pay you and I'm certainly not going to pay you more until you start doing something to deserve it. Whew...I feel so much better. Now if I only had the nerve to actually say all that to them in person.
By buckeye2
On 09/17/2010 13:38:08
Dear Dance Shoe Lady, What did I do to make you mad at me? Mad enough to sell one of my baby tappers (the class "runner", no less) a pair of tap shoes with Capezio TELE-TONE taps?! Thank you for the major headache at the end of class last night.
By Rose
On 09/24/2010 10:30:00
IM: "Well all the other schools have areas for watching." What I wanted to say AND what I said: "Then you should register with them."
What I really say is: "O, you already found a school according to your wishes. Then there was no reason to call us, was there? Goodbye."
By Rose
On 01/04/2011 14:40:02
"Dear parents, teacher X is ill. Her classes are cancelled for tomorrow." Reply from a mother with a daughter in teacher X class and a son in teacher Y class. "Dear studio, will there be class for my son as he is not in miss X class." *headdesk*
By Rose
On 01/12/2011 19:45:47
Mom took over a month to fill in the registration form. I informed Mom immediately the debit pay would be one month after that for the total amount of the year. One month after that the bank informed me the accountnumber was not open for debit pay. I confronted Mom with this all, and she said: "Can I pay in terms?" I said clearly NO. Very clearly NO. Mom responded: "I will pay in terms anyway." What I really want is to do is to tell her she can grab her child and leave the studio immediately for not following our rules. But, I need her money, so I will have to get a collection agency to get my money. [b]NOW![/b] And yes, that means her child can no longer do classes untill everything is paid. F*** you MOM! I am the boss. I decide how the rules are. NOT YOU!!!! When I say no, i t i s N O. If you had entered the form immediately you could have had your terms. If you had asked me to pay in terms immediately after I told you due date, I could have changed that. If you would have given me a solid accountnumber instead of this fake one, I could have trusted you. You f***d me 3 times and you are OUT!
By buckeye2
On 02/09/2011 12:33:20
Dear "Well I'm on Pointe", I don't know who gave you the ok to go on pointe! Surely the dance program at our state university is better than that! So glad you've been dancing since age 11 and you are now in college and have taken several classes and been moved to pointe. You have yet to execute a correct tendue... so no, sorry, no room for a pointe solo. Teacher's booked. Guess you have to stay on flat in technique class. I had a horrible night last night and need to vent. I told a 6 year old who was being lazy and whiney because she didn't like the number she was standing on ("but I never get to stand on 6"), that I didn't think she was trying her best and I would like for her to try her best for me and do the trick correctly because I know she can. She cried in class and later told her mom I said she wasn't good enough. Luckily her mom is not one to believe what her kid says, and wasn't mad at all and gave me a chance to explain. A few weeks ago one of the mothers who sits in class and yells at her daughter to pay attention the whole time (gee, I wonder what's distracting her...) told her if she didn't pay attention she was pulling her out of dance. Grandma came the next week as her "eyes" and was going to give a full report. Too bad for them it backfired. Now she has the idea that she can quit whenever she wants. There's one twirl that she dislikes and she's determined that she will just quit the class. She told me this after class and the girl I made cry was in the lobby talking to her mom. As if my 6 year olds weren't enough, a preteen who has been a pill all year was sick last night and laying around in class. I told her to dance or call to go home (she's there for 2 hours). She texted her mom, but didn't leave til after all her classes were over. This was followed by another teen who didn't want to participate in class because she missed a lot and wanted to watch and take notes. (Which I would be ok with however I hadn't taught anything new since the last tiem she was there because I had such small classes due to weather) Then when she got up to dance, she stamped her feet at me because she didn't want to be in the front row. And gave major attitude (No, I'm not doing that!) REALLY?! Was it a full moon last night?
By buckeye2
On 02/09/2011 12:34:39
Dear "Well I'm on Pointe", I don't know who gave you the ok to go on pointe! Surely the dance program at our state university is better than that! So glad you've been dancing since age 11 and you are now in college and have taken several classes and been moved to pointe. You have yet to execute a correct tendue... so no, sorry, no room for a pointe solo. Teacher's booked. Guess you have to stay on flat in technique class. I had a horrible night last night and need to vent. I told a 6 year old who was being lazy and whiney because she didn't like the number she was standing on ("but I never get to stand on 6"), that I didn't think she was trying her best and I would like for her to try her best for me and do the trick correctly because I know she can. She cried in class and later told her mom I said she wasn't good enough. Luckily her mom is not one to believe what her kid says, and wasn't mad at all and gave me a chance to explain. A few weeks ago one of the mothers who sits in class and yells at her daughter to pay attention the whole time (gee, I wonder what's distracting her...) told her if she didn't pay attention she was pulling her out of dance. Grandma came the next week as her "eyes" and was going to give a full report. Too bad for them it backfired. Now she has the idea that she can quit whenever she wants. There's one twirl that she dislikes and she's determined that she will just quit the class. She told me this after class and the girl I made cry was in the lobby talking to her mom. As if my 6 year olds weren't enough, a preteen who has been a pill all year was sick last night and laying around in class. I told her to dance or call to go home (she's there for 2 hours). She texted her mom, but didn't leave til after all her classes were over. This was followed by another teen who didn't want to participate in class because she missed a lot and wanted to watch and take notes. (Which I would be ok with however I hadn't taught anything new since the last tiem she was there because I had such small classes due to weather) Then when she got up to dance, she stamped her feet at me because she didn't want to be in the front row. And gave major attitude (No, I'm not doing that!) REALLY?! Was it a full moon last night?
By cmdc
On 03/07/2011 21:45:29
Normally, you are one of my best families. 3 of you dance. And today was one of the best days I've ever had in a long time. But, you just ended it for me. At 10:30 at night. Thanks. When you join PERFORMANCE CLASS, it is understood that you will have ample opportunity to perform throughout the community. When you complain that this upcoming performance is too far away, and you didn't realize that, fine. If you can't go, then just tell me you can't go. Don't complain to me that "it seems we are driving all around town lately". Sorry we can't just live in your little bubble of a 3 mile radius. We will perform everywhere around town. If you don't like that, then DON'T continue on with performance class, and don't complain. Your ideas for my business are not needed. If you think we should just perform 3 miles from the studio, then you are STUPID! We are going to perform all over our small city and get the word out as much as possible. Don't like it? Don't waste my time. Thanks.
By Rose
On 04/09/2011 13:25:29
I just launched a new website. Very new. Starting with a beautiful introduction page. Send it to my mailinglist: "See our new website!" First respons: "What is this all about? I don't understand, I only get an introduction page." WELL, TRY TO HIT SOMETHING WITH THAT MOUSE OF YOU!! So, now I added a line: 'click the image to enter the site'. It breaks my beautiful creation :(, but with the IQ of some of the visitors...
By miss_mo
On 04/14/2011 22:45:20
"Just so you know, it's freezing in here! People of your size wouldn't know." I'm a size 16 - I'm fat, but I'm not huge. They often make comments about my weight.
Wow. If they said this to me (I'm also a 16), I probably would have lost my mind. Seriuosly. Kudos to you for not punching them in the face. Sorry you have to deal with crap like this. I know we all need students, but I think I would have to show them the door. Hope things get better!
By buckeye2
On 06/02/2011 13:19:58
What is up with people stopping by the studio all of the time when it is closed?! Its the week of recital and I'm here trying to get work down. I had 5 people stop by Tuesday... "we saw your car in the lot and figured we'd stop and ask *insert some rediculous question that they should already know the answer to*. Today I figured I'd just work in the dark so people would leave me alone. I made it a point to park in front of the garage next door so people would think it was just another car being worked on and not mine. I've already had 1 person stop by. It's always the same thing. Walk up to studio where all the lights are off. Pull on door. Find it locked. Knock. Get on cell phone and call studio. It kills me that it happens all the time! Just leave me alone adn let me get my paperwork and cleaning done. Come back during normal office hours!
By DanceRevOS
On 06/02/2011 13:45:02
"i'm sorry you're not happy with the way i run my studio...i would be happy to recommend another one you may be more happy with." adios!
By Rose
On 06/28/2011 14:41:43
-This is the last week before summer break. -The website says: "It is not possible to do a try out class now. Happy to see you in August. Please read our FAQ." -The FAQ has a clear Question: "When can I do a try out class?" with a clear Answer: "Best is to do it at the beginning of the season in August. Never do it short before a break." -The FAQ starts with: "Please read our FAQ and the rest of the website. We will not answer any email question what is already answered here." NOW WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE KEEP ASKING FOR TRY OUT CLASSES??? What impression do these parents think they make? Smart? You're kidding!
By CSSRocks
On 09/05/2011 16:06:03
I love this - Thank you for starting - i know it's not the right thing to say but oooo does it feel good! Miss Never Writes Anything Down , yes, tickets sales started last week, NO it's not MY fault its yours for not writing it down when i mentioned it the first class, sent home a tree of papers, emailed a thousand times and it was posted in the front door! Short of a baloonagram or morse code, how else should i get the information to you! Miss THE-RULE-DON'T-APPLY-TO-ME, get out of my office! You are not special, you cannot enter through the back door, you cannot stay in the classroom while we teach and NO you cannot buy tickets before everyone else does to get the front row - STAND IN LINE LIKE VERYONE ELSE! Yes i know you help volunteer but that doesn't make you suddenly stage manager. go home and cut something out get out of my face! Miss The-World-Revolves-Around-Me-And-My-5-year-old, I'm sorry i cannot change the entire schedule because you have another engagment and it's too far for you to drive. No i cannot give your child a solo for the 5th time especially when I've specifically asked the parents NOT TO ASK FOR SOLOS, and I'm sorry the competition was at 6pm which is too late for your child that needs her beauty rest (and may i agree with you there!) and lastly, NO i cannot call StarQuest and ask them to change the catagories. REALLY? good god!
By CSSRocks
On 09/05/2011 16:08:01
I love this - Thank you for starting - i know it's not the right thing to say but oooo does it feel good! Miss Never Writes Anything Down , yes, tickets sales started last week, NO it's not MY fault its yours for not writing it down when i mentioned it the first class, sent home a tree of papers, emailed a thousand times and it was posted in the front door! Short of a baloonagram or morse code, how else should i get the information to you! Miss THE-RULE-DON'T-APPLY-TO-ME, get out of my office! You are not special, you cannot enter through the back door, you cannot stay in the classroom while we teach and NO you cannot buy tickets before everyone else does to get the front row - STAND IN LINE LIKE VERYONE ELSE! Yes i know you help volunteer but that doesn't make you suddenly stage manager. go home and cut something out get out of my face! Miss The-World-Revolves-Around-Me-And-My-5-year-old, I'm sorry i cannot change the entire schedule because you have another engagment and it's too far for you to drive. No i cannot give your child a solo for the 5th time especially when I've specifically asked the parents NOT TO ASK FOR SOLOS, and I'm sorry the competition was at 6pm which is too late for your child that needs her beauty rest (and may i agree with you there!) and lastly, NO i cannot call StarQuest and ask them to change the catagories. REALLY? good god!
By twinkletoz
On 09/23/2011 11:22:34
Doesn't it feel good to get that off your chest. Good for you. Just hold your head high and know, it might take some time, but their is Karma. What goes round comes round and it is so sweet to see. Been there.
By d4j
On 09/23/2011 16:54:39
Big hug for cheerspirit!
By d4j
On 09/23/2011 17:01:59
Dear New Tap Teacher, Please wear tap shoes when teaching your tap class. Thank you, Your Boss (Yes, I did say this to her, but with a different tone than here if you get my drift, lol)
By JazzyOne
On 11/10/2011 12:21:21
For someone who complained about everything last year, saying I hated your daughter and that you were never coming back to our school. Hmm Why are you registrating again then? Your lucky I need your money or else you would have been gone (which If I get fed up with you you may be gone) No more if can I pay you on this day because that when I get apid, my answer will be you can but there will be a $10 late fee. I'm not playing by your rules. You will play by mine, or go elsewhere. Good luck to your new teacher!
By cmdc
On 02/06/2012 20:48:53
You are such a pain in the a$$. You threw a fit and then refused to say goodbye tonight all because YOU didn't register your daughter for our Friday night event. You are making it MY problem, but it's not. Fvck you! Don't act like a 3 year old by making everything my problem that I didn't a$$ kiss you, and didn't accomodate you when you didn't do your part. Fvck off and soon enough I will be dismissing you from my school. You are a pain in the a$$.
By CoachT
On 02/19/2012 17:48:55
Dear Annoying mom - who talks behind my back, then is a huge suck up sweet to my face - that I just want to punch out. I know your talking smack behind my back....I can't stand you. I wish your kid had drive, I wish your kid was thinner(but she got your dna), I wish your kid didn't hate you, BUT SHE does and its not my problem...its yours. Stop blaming me for all those problems. I teach baton twirling for petes sake - Im not a therapist. Get a fricken clue and stop blaming everyone for the fact that your a dip $hit!!! thanks...that felt good.
By nydancer815
On 02/20/2012 09:21:26
Dear Parent who resents paying for dance, I'm very sorry that you told my secretary that I am "money hungry" because private lessons are not free. Do you go to work for free? Didn't think so... my teachers don't either. Dear Teacher Who Doesn't Plan Her Classes, It's very strange that every time I walk in your room, you are trying to figure out choreography and all of the teenagers are siting on the floor and talking. For the thousandth time, BE PREPARED! Dear Secretary who makes doctors appointments during her work hours, Your hours are very easy to work around, Monday-Friday from 2-7pm. That leaves you FIVE HOURS every morning for any types of appointments you or your children need. Don't ask me again to come in late or find a sub. Dear Studio down the road that is horrible, Please stop boasting your hundreds of "gold" awards. I've seen your competition videos on Youtube and there is no way any legit comp would give you gold. Especially when your dancers look like their making up the dance as they go along, in any video that i've ever watched on your website. We all know that SO's only post their best videos on their websites, so if those are your best, I can't imagine what the others look like. Dear other studio down the road that is horrible, It is very hard for me to place your "advanced level" kids who are switching to me into my program. They all say they have had 10+ years of ballet and jazz, but not ONE knows a chaine turn or a grande jete. Their perfect 5th positions are only gonna get them so far. But thanks for sucking so bad that their all knocking down my doors!
By Rose
On 02/21/2012 15:47:43
Two weeks ago, my students (adults) agreed with me: next week not a new part of the dance, but cleaning what we already have. One week ago, we cleaned the dance. But, not everybody showed up. I know that. When they know we are just repeating what we already have, some stay away. THEIR choice. This week, I added a new part to the dance. But those who were not present last week, kept asking details about the first part of the dance. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE LAST WEEK! Even the other students were annoyed and got snappy: "We did that last week!"
By buckeye2
On 02/23/2012 10:47:33
Open letter to all crappy parents at my studio: Last night someone went into room 2 while there were no classes going on. How do I know? Because my choreography written on the white board (that I haven't memorized and haven't written down in hard copy yet because it was still a work in progress) was erased and the marker was used to draw on the walls. But no worries now, because you also stepped on the cap, and I now have plastic shards all over my dance floor. First of all, no one is allowed in the rooms when there is no class going on. Secondly, there are no street shoes on the dance floor, so no one should have been out there. Thirdly, do you have no concept of treating other people's things with respect?! Was is a small child who got loose from mom? Maybe, but how did they reach up high enough to get the marker and erase the boad? But glad they were low enough on the ground to draw on the walls. The marker was left laying on the floor and you just left without saying anything. If it was a small child, then an apology would have been nice or maybe an attempt to clean up the mess they made. Frusteratedly yours, Grumpy SO who is sick of parents and babysized wild siblings.
By buckeye2
On 02/28/2012 18:54:30
Dear Teacher, I know you took classes at the powerhouse studio down the road growing up. But please do not wear your sweatpants from there to teach classes at my studio. Sincerely, Here's some free new ones if you let me burn the old ones Dear Parent who corrects your daughter all during class, Stop sending her to class in jeans and maybe she could actually move! Sincerely, Go buy some dance pants Dear Lady who gripes in my lobby every week, The other parents are sick of you. And I am glad that I actually heard you this week so that I can call you out on it later this week. And you won't be able to deny it because I heard you. Sincerely, I can't wait to see your face Dear "Yes, Miss Buckeye, Whatever you say Miss Buckeye" Parents, I love you. Please teach the new parents and those who haven't yet figured it out your ways. Sincerely, an appreciative SO
By CoachT
On 03/09/2012 12:50:18
Dear 40ish mom who is putting her love life before her daughter, GROW THE F UP!!!!! Im so sick of dealing with your conflicts and having to rearange 2 team routines now that you decide 16 days before a state competition that princess can't be at the comp. Thanks for the b!tchy email also. Appreciate the one word answers....what are you 11yrs old. Hope your love life crashes and burns just like the 2 routines your royaly F-d up. Truly yours, Pissed SO
By Rose
On 03/14/2012 18:08:03
Dear Parents, If you really think I like seeing your childs underwear, shouldn't you better call the police, instead of showing it so clearly under the leotard? You don't even TRY to put it away? Ballet teacher who thinks parents are nuts Dear Teenagers, You are all so prudish. You even refuse to change clothes in a dressingroom. Then why don't you put your bra straps away before you enter my studio? Your Dance Teacher DO NOT SHOW ME YOUR UNDERWEAR! I DON'T LIKE SEEING MY STUDENTS IN UNDERWEAR!
By elitedanzerjo
On 05/08/2012 00:14:43
Dear Mrs. My Daughter was the 1st Miss Fetal Dance America, Your child just turned 3 and runs around the room or doesn't pay attention...NO it's not our teaching abilities and NO she doesn't need to move UP two levels!!! And NO we don't guarantee you can see your child on the monitor the entire class and NO we're not getting a bigger monitor, and NO our prices aren't too high for recital tickets when it costs me $10,000 to hold the show!!! YES you have to pay tuition even if you don't come...and YES we require 30 day written notice and YES we will send you to collections if you don't pay!!! Dear Mrs. Doitall, Don't call me to complain about your child's team at school, how much money it costs and how little training they get there and THEN witch about MY fees for REAL training. Waving poms around and shaking your hips is not technical dance training and NO I don't understand why you pay several grand a year for it and ALSO pay me for REAL training and then let THAT come first! And, NO it's not fair for the rest of my comp team to attend every rehearsal but excuse you for other 'higher priority' activities.
By BunlessinSeattle
On 05/08/2012 12:33:34
Seriously? Can you miss the in-studio, tech, dress, and 1st show... but then still do the 2nd show? I understand you've had your vacation planned for a year and a half. There are other families who opted to not participate because of their summer vacations... but they figured it out in September. Why are you just now connecting the dots? And why does that make me the bad guy to say no? Why aren't you the bad guy for not using the calendar function in your phone that you're always on?
By cmdc
On 05/15/2012 19:20:14
When you don't attend class, you don't get the drills and workout that everyone else who attends class receives. When you don't get that, how do you expect to know your dances, and do them well? And mom, don't bitch to me that you can't believe everyone else in the class will move on to the next level and your kid won't based on what you just saw. Puhlease.
By caughtmydream
On 05/15/2012 21:41:55
Dear Mr. Can't pay on time 3 months late and can't be in recital until all bills are paid says "I can't believe I have to write a $300.00 check, that dosen't sound right"... really because your daughter comes into class every week for months and you choose not to pay for any lesson,and recital fee for whatever reason you are the only parent that does not have to pay congratulations for winning the studio lottery ya idiot... that was last year for recital fast forward to the begining of this year Pays for october class in November and is arguing loudly why he owes for september...uh becuase dumb @$# she started classes in september!!!! UGH!!
By momof1gr8girl
On 05/17/2012 11:19:26
Today: First, GOOD GRACIOUS, NO UNDERPANTS!!! Dress Rehearsal starts at 4:00. Don't tell me when you are getting there. It starts at 4! No, you cannot leave dress rehearsal early. You must stay until you are done. If you wait until the last moment to buy your tickets you will have terrible seats. Don't complain when you get them when they've been on sale for 2.5 months!
By buckeye2
On 05/25/2012 13:46:03
Did I really just hear you tell a customer who wanted to pay for their dance classes (which is already late btw) that you already shut down the computer so she doesn't have to pay this month?! You have got to be kidding me!! I was on my way out when you said it and I was hoping you were joking but nope. No reciept, and I checked her account today and she owes for the past 3 months! I'm rather amused that you told me your plan all along was to pay it all off for her. Yes, you hear a lot of stuff working at the front desk. Eves dropping happens, but for the love of dance, stay out of it! I am not happy at all that you spoke up when parents were dicussing with each other how they were going to get their kid to dress rehearsal, and now you are bringing a carload of kids to and from practice. That's not our place!!! Do you even know what kind of liability that is?!?! UGH!
By Dances4Life
On 06/08/2012 09:36:21
All parents that think that I have no life other than the studio: I work a full-time job. I also co-own a dance studio with another owner who has 4 children and is unavailable 90% of the time because of family matters. Do not get me started. I do not answer the phone after 9PM or before 7AM. I do not answer texts after 9PM or before 7AM. As much as I LOVE dance and your child my life does not revolve around the studio. My free time is MINE. I do not teach classes for free so do not balk at my private lessons price. It is not expensive because I know what I used to charge when I lived in a LARGE city was more than 50% higher than the price that I just quoted you. If you do not like your costume or it does not fit it is your responsibility to tell me as soon as I give it to you. Not the day of recital or after recital is over. If you do not like me then stop complaining about me and go to another studio. There are 3 other studios in town and 4 towns near here with many more. Oh, you can't leave because you know that they are much more expensive than mine and that actually I'm way nicer than those studio owners? Well, sorry....I just blacklisted you. You don't understand why I charge for full month of classes even though there are only two this month? Well missy, I charge for the entire year but just happened to be nice enough to have it broken down into monthly payments for you. This may be a hobby for you and your child but I have actual bills that I have to pay. My teachers have to eat and pay their rent. I have to pay the rent and pay off the $20K flooring that you just tried to walk your ugly high heels across even though we have MANY signs that say "do not wear street shoes past this point." AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Rose
On 06/08/2012 14:19:33
Dear Father, I understand you are proud of your daughter. That's great! That's wonderful! But I don't care. I am not interested in what she does in a Dolly Dinkle Studio. I don't want to hear every time I see you about the prizes she wins every weekend in completely commercial competitions. I have a ballet studio. Theater dance. Dance as an art form. It's another world. A different world. Don't think sports and art are on the same track. Please, just GET it! Annoyed SO
re: let's vent with things we would rally like to say!!!!
By buzzdancer
On 06/08/2012 15:44:54
This is great can't believe I've just found it! Dear street dance teacher, please get off your chair to teach and don't play tag as your warm up!
By Rose
On 06/28/2012 22:42:52
Dear Mom, Your child didn't show up the last 4 weeks. I have send you several emails to ask you about this. You and your daughter never responded. Now I sent out an email to all not-registered-yet students, to help them (including you) remember about the deadline for registering. I don't want a mail from you -24 hours before the deadline runs and summer break starts-, that you want a talk with me! I want to know if your teenager is continuing so I can put her in a group, or not. I heard something is going on in your house, I don't know any details, BUT I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR PERSONAL MISERY! I don't want to sit there, being polite about whatever you gonna tell me (divorce? because you press me to use YOUR mailaddress?) and expecting me to care about your problems. It's simple: Kid is continuing, or not. The decision is yours, not mine! You can sent me a mail 'sorry, she quits', or put the form in my mailbox. So simple it is! A grumpy SO who is sick of all those people who want to talk with her about things that have nothing to do with dance classes. Dear Mom, I want to know what the subject of our meeting will be before I plan anything in my agenda. Same SO as above Dear Mom, It's now 2 hours before I will close the studio for Summer Break. I see no chance to meet you between now and closing time. I hope it's not important what you wanted to discuss with me. Happy Holiday! A little bit cheered up SO
By Rose
On 06/30/2012 13:47:27
^Kid quits. That was all. ---- Dear SO, I'm sorry to hear there are not enough students to continue the hiphop classes. If there will be enough try out class students, my daughter still would like to join. Mom-not-so-smart Dear Mom, I told you I am CANCELLING the hiphop classes. As in REMOVING FROM THE SCHEDULE. How do you expect students to take a try out class for a class that's not on the schedule? SO-who-has-had-it-with-this-Mom
By Dances4Life
On 07/10/2012 15:49:39
Dear Up In My Biz Mom, I am the owner. I will let the parents know which classes their children as well as your children need to go in. It is my job to maintain communication with the parents. It is not your job to try to figure out what I should or should not be doing. If I tell you that a class is suitable for your child then there is not another class at a higher level that she can take. Again, she can not take that higher level class. NO, she can not take that higher level class just because someone that was in her class last year will be in the higher level class this year. I do not release newsletters in the summer. Get over it. I do not answer the phone on Saturday nights to discuss the fall schedule. No, I will not make an exception for you just because you threw a party and invited all of the other parents over and you think it's a good time to figure out who should be in what class. Yes, she is required to wear tap shoes to tap class. Get over it. **bangs head against desk** -Frustrated SO
By Rose
On 07/10/2012 16:56:40
Dear overly opinionated mom, You suck. Respectively, Pissed off SO, exhausted Staff, and every other normal parent at the Studio.
I love short letters to parents. The shorter the better.
By Rose
On 07/17/2012 14:57:33
Dear Mom, You are 3 weeks too late, and now you want to re-register for free. You don't want to pay the administration costs, even knowing you are 3 weeks after the deadline for that. You say 'it's not realistic to let me pay that'. Well darling, IT IS REALISTIC! I know your brother is ill, but I sent you THREE reminders before the deadline and you didn't respond to any of them. Plus your kid didn't show up anymore since APRIL! Reason: the holiday you booked over the recital date. Your organisation sucks, you are chaotic and dealing with the consequences of it is REAL! Pissed off SO whose blood pressure is a bit too high now
By TriciaW
On 08/11/2012 04:49:12
Dear Parents: No, I am not deliberately holding any dancer back. Yes, I do know what I'm doing Yes, I do know what class your child shoudl be in and what steps they should be learning. Yes, I also know when they don't practice. Dear Competition (used lightly): Quit stalking us and everything we do. Focus on your own business and leave mine alone. You might find you will be more successful that way. Love, Old SO
By CoachT
On 10/31/2012 17:55:34
I caught 2 parents being sneeky and plotting a mutiny(sp?) against me because they think the price of the costumes is too high. Mind you they are on a competition team and have known since August that November is when the balances are due. I handed out info last week and the plotting has begun. I lost it and called out the ring leader and boy did it feel good!!! Im super proud of myself for holding my temper - I really have a nasty side of me...and I was able to hold myself back from what I really wanted to do and say. In our conversation she asked if she should start looking for a new studio.....and when I replied yes that would be a good idea - I had to wait for her to pic up her jaw off the floor.....then she decided to leave. Mind you she was badgering me for 10 minutes to banter with her about my policy. I refused to get into it with her and she was not happy about that......she has since removed herself from the team booster club, team fb page and is not expected to be at team next week. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
By Rose
On 10/31/2012 22:18:15
^I had a teacher who did that too. She was bad, I tried to talk with her about it, tried to help, and suddenly she yelled: "I would rather leave than change my lessons!" And I only had to ask: "What will be your last day?" I love arrogant people!
By buckeye2
On 11/06/2012 18:33:00
Dear Overpriced Web Designer, I got your e-mail stating that "Apparently you do not want to compensate me either monetarily or barter for the additional time I put into your website above the cost of dance lessons over the past 26 months." No, no I don't. That's why it was a barter. Dance classes for website. Don't give more than you are getting in return. And every professional web designer I have spoken to said that over $10,000 is away more than the site is worth. You quoted me at $500 in the beginning which is well under what you have received in dance classes, thus the initial agreement was fair. And to claim an additional $6000 more in maintenance fees for 3 years is nuts! I never said I would pay you more than dance classes, so why you did all that "extra" work is beyond me. If you think I'm going to barter $16,000 of dance classes, you're nuts. The site isn't even close to being worth that! You never gave me the admin code to the site, so if you want the photos of your daughter removed, you can do it yourself. But you will find out when you do, that I have already redirected my domain name, so the "$10,000+" you designed is no longer associated with my studio and is just floating out in cyberspace as cyberjunk right now. So no worries, no one can see your little precious being associated with our studio. You thought that by keeping the admin code, that you were in full control. *Evil laugh*. I may have lost my site, but that was my choice. And at least now you can't go in and destroy it to make me look bad. It started out great until you kept adding to it, making it difficult to navigate and appeal only to kids your daughters age. Now I can make it into something wonderful and manage it myself for far less than $16,000. You have already been more than fairly compensated for your work, so don't think you're getting more money. And P.S. If you are such a wonderful web designer who produces work worth thousands of dollars, don't you think your business should have a website?
By Rose
On 11/08/2012 23:23:47
Dear Mom, You asked us to remove your daughter from our administration because she can't combine dance class with school any more. You are so sorry, and your daughter will return as soon as possible. We told you our policy in situations like these. Now you state that we don't consider all circumstances. Your daughter doesn't like the classes and we should solve that. We never heard this before from you. You suggest moving this 5 year old to a class with 7/8 year olds. Hell no. We hereby inform you that we are sorry you only told us about the dissatisfaction of your daughter AFTER you said you want to unregister her. But, it doesn't change anything to the fact stated in your first mail: she HAS TO QUIT because of school. Your daughter is welcome as soon as she can combine school and dance classes. [i](Your child is welcome, you are not, so registering again is out of the question.)[/i] For next time: don't lie. Be honest from the start. :]
By Dances4Life
On 11/09/2012 13:07:12
Dear Mom, You read the competition letter that was sent out in August with all of the fees associated with competition. No, it is not ok for you to pull your daughter out of dance from December through February because you need to have money to spend on Christmas items. I told you exactly how much everything cost from the outfit and shoes to the competition fees. I also gave you MANY MANY chances and opportunities to raise money to pay for these items. You now want to pull your daughter out? Did you ever think about the other girls on that team that come EVERY WEEK to class and now are left holding the bag to learn a whole new dance? That is not fair to those 7 year olds. You made the commitment now you need to follow through.
By Rose
On 11/14/2012 13:59:34
Moms get weirder by the day. Mail correspondence Mom, 'My child can't combain school and ballet any more I have to unregister her'. Me, 'According to our policy, you still have to pay for the rest of the year'. Mom, 'My child is not happie in this class!' Me, 'Sorry to hear that, but it doesn't change the fact that she can't come any more because of school'. Mom, 'I ekspected you to be more flexible you had adjusted class to my child she could have continued.' Mail not sent Me, 'So you were lying when you said your child couldn't combine school and ballet any more? And you say you are a teacher yourself. For a teacher you write terribly. But also, what would you think if a parent unregistered one of your students because the child is not happy in your class, but without telling you? And stop threatening that you will talk bad about our studio and all your childs friends will leave because you ask them to do so. You are on our 'never want them back'-students list, and that is NOT a thread.'
By BunlessinSeattle
On 04/22/2013 12:06:01
So, mom, let me make sure that I understand... -You daughter, who never begins classes until November, takes summers off, didn't start ballet until 9th grade, has more absences than anyone else in class, and is tardy about 50% of the time... she should be in a class with girls who have ballet five days a week, have taken ballet since age 8, and go to out of state summer workshops... yes, let me get right on that. -divorced mom and dad... I don't care that you have problems together, but your problems are becoming my problem, and soon it will be your daughters problem... pay up -and other dad... I like your kid and she's talented, and you're going to break her heart... *()_^&%$ pay up
By Rose
On 06/17/2013 12:59:59
Dear parent, When you are invited for the information evening for the selection classes and I'm telling my story, DO NOT STARE AT ME! Annoyed SO

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 08/07/2022 22:17:15