Forum: General / Tap / Tap Photos - Members

Page:
Page 1 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tap Photos - Members
What Do You Wear To Tap Class??
By tapnjazzbabymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1265, member since Fri Mar 25, 2005
On Sat Oct 15, 2005 01:57 AM

Hey guys, this was snapped before my tap class today! And i was wondering what does everyone else wear to their tap classes?

At my studio we wear pretty much what i'm wearing in the pic... a leotard, top over it if we want, shorts/pants, tights (a lot of us wear the adaptatoe tights so we can roll them up) if we want and of course our taps. Usually everyone just wears a leo and jazz pants. But when the weather is warmer we go to little shorts and tights for the self conscious people like me! LOL

What do you guys wear?

Love Keely..xoxox

152 Replies to What Do You Wear To Tap Class??

re: What Do You Wear To Tap Class??
By dancing_iz4me Comments: 31, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Sun Oct 16, 2005 01:21 PM
for tap class i wear a navey blue halterneck catsuit with white ballet socks and my black oxford tap shoes and a navey blue ribbon around my bun or bobble...... love emi *
By MovinTooFastPremium member Comments: 1344, member since Mon Aug 22, 2005
On Sun Oct 16, 2005 08:56 PM
We are allowed to wear a bodysuit and jazz pants if we want, and if you don't wear jazz pants, then you have to wear leotards underneath.
By Natashamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2613, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:13 AM
I wear something different every week.

Tonight, for instance, I plan on wearing a black tank top with black shorts (because we have to wear black) with greenish-turquoise tights and gray leg warmers. Well, I am wearing the leg warmers for ballet and jazz, which I have before tap. So they might come off for tap LOL
By jb_dancer_chicamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1645, member since Thu Jun 19, 2003
On Tue Oct 18, 2005 02:38 PM
BLack leotard and black jazz pants or capris with my tan tap shoes
By Jazzy26 Comments: 198, member since Wed Feb 18, 2004
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 06:07 PM
For tap class I wear a bodysuit with jazz pants. I have black and tan taps. We can also wear a leotard if you won't to.

Christine. :)
By SnowWhitemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7666, member since Sun Oct 27, 2002
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 08:24 AM
I don't dance anymore, but for tap I used to wear jazz pants (or shorts and tights in summer) and a black or purple leo/fitted top. Black and purple were our school colours.
Tap
By channel7abc Comments: 58, member since Wed Oct 19, 2005
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 06:40 PM
I usually wear something normal. Though we're not allowed to wear sweats. When costume time comes around, we have to wear leotards.

Cool huh?
By dancingtoes27 Comments: 58, member since Thu Oct 20, 2005
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:00 PM
body suit, tank top, tee shirt, tights, sometimes shorts sometimes just the leo and tights and sometimes pants but i teach a class before my tap/jazz classes so the pants usually come off... oh and of course my beautiful tan taps

dancingtoes
By Dancin_Rebel Comments: 313, member since Thu Jun 30, 2005
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:07 PM
Bodysuit, or a kind of black tank, capris or pants(black), no tights as I'm rather partial for being barefoot, my tap shoes :D and my friend Brittanys tweety leg warmers if i can get them...
Dress at my school is pretty casual. As long as you come in a comfortable outfit and they can see your feet and body well enough, no jeans & baggy sweaters etc., it doesn't matter much.
By jenn_np Comments: 269, member since Fri Oct 14, 2005
On Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:46 AM
i just wear whatever lol :)
i learn competition dances in auckland so i normally just wear a fitted kinda top and my 3/4 "sport" kinda pants, they're quite tight fitting and they're stretchy or i wear some 3/4 bloch dance pants i bought in australia..they're soo comfortable
i wear the same at jazz as well, we used to have to wear our studio uniform but not anymore
By miniballerini Comments: 234, member since Thu Nov 25, 2004
On Sat Oct 22, 2005 06:47 AM
I wear a top or a leotard with my jazzpants. And my tap shoes, of course!
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Tue Oct 25, 2005 05:38 AM
We have to wear tights and a leotard but other wise in the winter I wear jazz pants and a oversized teeshirt or a terrycloth or fleece jacket and pant set. then in the summer or spring i wear shorts,capris, and a tank top or just my leotard with shorts.
By paul5678 Comments: 79, member since Thu Jan 02, 2003
On Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:02 PM
I wear black compression support tights, black compression shorts and a comfy t-shirt or sport shirt (and my Capezio Gregory Hines tap shoes!). It's a very comfortable outfit to tap in, and the tights give my legs a lot of support.

Paul
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Wed Oct 26, 2005 05:23 AM
are those Gregory Hines shoes the ones with the black and white? if so... those are sooo cool. I seen girl ones like that with the little heel. So cute!
By paul5678 Comments: 79, member since Thu Jan 02, 2003
On Wed Oct 26, 2005 07:56 AM
Mine are black and gray, but they have the small raised heel you mentioned (almost like a cowboy boot). Got 'em on eBay for $41.00. They are SO comfortable, and they look great, too! I just love 'em!
By Rutgerslaw2006 Comments: 3, member since Sun Oct 09, 2005
On Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:40 AM
Thank you! I have been SO tempted lately to post something like this but I am too afraid of sounding mean. Anyhow yes everybody gets excited when they have taken plenty of new pictures and wants to post them but please post I would say two at maximum in close proximity. Also more people will look at your pictures if they are the only one. Just yesterday I went onto page ten and there were photos that I hadnt ever seen before (and I am a VERY frequent visiter to this board so that says something! ) So please just keep it down, now this is NOT to say that if say I go and reply to all of one persons photos in a row and they all end up on the first page its there fault or they are flooding. This is just regarding posting
By xodncnblondi13member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1440, member since Sun Jan 23, 2005
On Sat Oct 29, 2005 06:41 PM
normally i wear a leo and then a cami or a shirt over it and capris

for tap it doesnt really matter as long as you can dance in it and they can see your feet
By xxLaurenxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1345, member since Wed Dec 22, 2004
On Tue Nov 01, 2005 09:57 AM
hey
our studio makes us wear black leo...black jazz pants
and black tap shoes
xlx
By Kaela Comments: 1054, member since Fri Jul 29, 2005
On Thu Nov 03, 2005 04:03 PM
For My tap class, we can wear whatever we want, but i usually wear a leotard or a black short sleeved top with leggings or tights and shorts! Like you! But our teacher is non-strict, as long as we're there and we know what we're doing (that and all of our exam steps!) she doesn't mind! He he Love my teacher!
By fievremember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 49, member since Sat Nov 05, 2005
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 06:51 AM
We also can wear whatever we want.. but I like to wear a t-shirt and black shorts.. Then maybe tights and leg warmers.. And my lovely capezio new supreme..
By Dancinchic522 Comments: 245, member since Thu Mar 10, 2005
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 05:46 PM
depends where I'm taking class. Most of the time, if it's one of my real good classes... the tap jams (I'm a rhythm tap dancer) I just wear jeans and a spoprts bra or jeans and a work out top. If it's a little more uptight of a studio, I wear sweat pants or shorts with a cut of T
By kamina Comments: 1302, member since Tue Aug 17, 2004
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 05:02 PM
Jazz pants and random top. We wear jazz pants cause we have jazz straight before it, but one of the guys and also another lady who doesn't do jazz both wear jeans.

Kamina
*I'm a slave 4 dance*
By tapnjazzbabymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1265, member since Fri Mar 25, 2005
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 PM
hey thanks for your comments guys... how different is all of them??

i was so surprised to hear that some people go in jeans.. wow! i think if i turned up in jeans my teachers would have a heart attack. just a quick question.. don't you find it uncomfortable and hard to dance in normal jeans? Like when you kick or do the splits? i have jazz jeans (jeans made from lycra and denim) and they are ok... but normal ones?? how do you manage it?

lol... keep the replies coming people.. LOL

love keely..xoxox
By Anne66 Comments: 39, member since Mon Nov 21, 2005
On Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:49 AM
For tap I wear my black jazz pants and my leotard. My tap shoes are black.
Page:
Page 1 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

ReplySendWatchDraw