Forum: France / France - General

Gap Year in France. Any ideas?
By xSupastarxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 02:20 PM

Hey everyone! I'm in Upper Sixth at the moment and study French. I've applied for university in England, but am not planning on starting until 2007. I would like to spend a few months in France to improve my French. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do there, where I would be able to work, and where I could find some open dance classes in Paris?

Also, where do you all think would be a good place to stay?

Thanks ;)

3 Replies to Gap Year in France. Any ideas?

re: Gap Year in France. Any ideas?
By i_believe
On Wed Oct 19, 2005 02:30 PM
I have an amazing idea for you (which I am planning to do myself!)
It works for all your plans!
ok: you should work and stay in disneyland paris!!
To work there you have to be able to speak one out of english and french fluently, and the other (or german/spanish etc) relatively well (as well as you would be able to speak french at a level).
This would not only improve your french, you can earn money during your gap year (they do take people for one year only because I asked while I was there in the summer) and you can either work there normally or be a dancer! You can perform in the parades, shows and help the dance troups!
disneyland is in central paris, where you could easily find open dance classes in the morning/on days off. It provides you with accomodation in a brilliant place, money, improves your french, you can dance and you will have a breathtaking time. It is absolutely dazzling there!
I am in year 11 and taking french for A level next year and I am pondering over this because I think its a brilliant opportunity!
Apply now so you can get a place!
Go get them girl
Charlotte xx
By mintymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 07:21 AM
Just a little comment : eurodisney is not in central paris ; it's about one hour's transport by RER ; you probably wouldn't be able to take a class after your day's work, for instance
By Angelinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Nov 25, 2005 07:35 AM
I think you can apply to be an Assistant in a school, with A level French - yes, "you must have AS-level, Higher grade or equivalent in French to apply". Go to languageassistant.co.uk to find out how to apply. I think you need to apply VERY soon though

I'm doing this next academic year for my year abroad (I'm studying French at Leeds-where are you going?) - you work for 12 hours per week in a school, pretty much anywhere in France, and get paid about 750 Euros per month (which is NOT a bad rate at all).

This would be a GREAT thing for you to do, and to have on your CV, as you might end up doing it again for your Year Abroad. University tutors will be super-impressed.

PM me if you have any questions
Angelina xx

ReplySendWatch