Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

? Jean-Luc Fournier ?
By natacha
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 05:07 PM

Hi all
One of my students took a "Break" workshop at school today from a guy named Jean-Luc Fournier. He claims to have won all these title and to have studied under the best.

All the information that I got is obviously second hand but this is what I want to know:

Some of the stuff that he taught contradicts what I have learnt, like that break came from salsa dancing and the 6 step must begin by sitting on your legs in a bent position, that your arms are nevr to go behind you and that break can only be done to these counts: & 1& 2& 3& 4.

Anyways I am not claimimg to know all but it does help when you teach something and have it contradicted by another teacher. I know that there is many style and diffrences in dance but he basicaly told them that it was absolutly his way be cause he was taught in New York.

so has anybody heard of him and is he right?

3 Replies to ? Jean-Luc Fournier ?

re: ? Jean-Luc Fournier ?
By SpellieDev
On Wed Nov 02, 2005 08:24 PM
uh.....i think i smell something.....*cough cough*
By tehgekoPremium member
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 01:01 AM
um...did the guy actually give any demos?
i don't know about you, but whether or not the guy proves he knows what he's talking about, tells if he's fake or not...
By natacha
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:54 AM
he didn't do any free style showing off stuff.
He just showed what he was teaching. Like the 6 step, screw driver and the indian...thats it and then he when on to tell then that break orinated from salsa dancing and that there actually no dancing to it just move...

ReplySendWatch