Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

NZAMD Nationals..
By NZdancer
On Mon Nov 07, 2005 02:01 AM

Anyone know the results for this competition that just passed this weekend?

Judges, winners, final competitors etc..

5 Replies to NZAMD Nationals..

re: NZAMD Nationals..
By leezathebaleriza
On Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:30 PM
yea man, you knew u could ask me bout it!!!

grant swift was the tap and hip hop judge, both without music!! the hip hoppers came out with bruises on their thighs! anyway, winner of the tap AND hip hop was amy van der wettering (srry spelling)
hip hop 2nd- ian vincent, 3rd- leeza vincent, 4th siobean swallow
tap 2nd- leeza vincent, 3rd- michaela cairns, 4th- courtney hale durham, 5th rebecca smith

contemp was taken by wendy wallace and joseph o sullivin won that.....
2nd- kimberly clarke, 3rd natalie gray, 4th stephanie perry, 5th rachel odgen

jazz was taken by martin neilson. 1st nicola davies, 2nd sioban swallow, 3rd gemma kearney, 4th samantha leonard, 5th courtney hale durham.

ballet tutor was kerry-anne gilberd. 1st briar ensor, 2nd gemma kearney, 3rd nadayna sinkin, 4th leeza young.

woah, sorry bout spelling and everything! but yea, thats about it!
hope thats all good, i was trying to decipher my mums writing! haha
By louie2003
On Wed Nov 09, 2005 04:23 PM
Lol. All the contemporary place-getters were from my dance school. 4th was Steph Perrin and 5th Rachel Oldham. Sorry spelling lol.

Congrats to everyone
By NZdancer
On Wed Nov 09, 2005 08:42 PM
It's quite amaing how a lot of the place getters came from the same school.

I know that Hip Hop adn Tap winner Amy, Ian vincent, Leeza Vincent and Micaehla Cairns all came from the same dance school.

Amy is a personal friend of mine. We are sorting out our dance videos now for performing arts schools.
By leezathebaleriza
On Thu Nov 10, 2005 01:44 AM
yea, sorry bout the spelling, no programme for the finals concert, so we just guessed on what peoples names were when the compere called them out. so the names are probably way different than what i wrote, we just went on what they sounded like!

haha
By dance_baybee
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 04:07 AM
I was there aswell, it was a good weekend - got to love welly. the standard was way higher than last year i noticed in the hiphop there were lots of teachers and older dancers making up the majority of nominees.
big congrats to mount eden to taking out all of the contemp placings.. so amazing
and i loved that it was harder to get nominated to with less dancers especially in the jazz, it ment all the finalists were fierce dancers
congrats agen

ReplySendWatch