Forum: General / Success Stories

Dance.net Has Helped Me Attain My Dream of Having A Successful Studio (karma: 1)
By susu
On Thu Nov 10, 2005 08:49 PM

It has been my dream since as long as I can remember to have my own successful dance studio. I always thought I could have a dance studio, but not one as successful as the one I own now.

I opened this August, and am already turning over profit and able to pay myself! With all the ideas from Dance.net, I do believe that my studio is the best it can possbily be.

I also feel like I have a new extended family with all the dance.net studio owners and teachers! They have all been so helpful. They have showed me so many ideas that I never would have thought of without dance.net.

Thanks dance.net!

15 Replies to Dance.net Has Helped Me Attain My Dream of Having A Successful Studio

re: Dance.net Has Helped Me Attain My Dream of Having A Successful Studio
By raisingdancers
On Thu Nov 10, 2005 09:36 PM
Congratulations! Starting any new business is a major feat! and to be running in the black already! That is fantastic! Keep up the good work!
By irish_adictmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 01:41 AM
that is amazing
congrats
my dad struggled for ages while starting up his buisness
By Armwarmermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:45 PM
That's so wonderful! It must be really great to have gotten your own studio. I'm happy for your success :)

-Ash
By Dancing_Fairy3
On Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:02 PM
wow it must be really great!! congratulations

i never new this sight could contain so much information....i dont know where to look!!
By Emmymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 18, 2005 01:41 PM
Congratulations! That's awesome that DDN has helped you so much.

emmy

~live, laugh, dance~
By SpringsDance
On Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:48 PM
Yea Susu!
Isn't it nice to pay yourself?
I love it!
By Idreamofballet
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 02:39 PM
Wow that is so awesome, that is definatly my dream job.
I need to get myself back into dance so I can look to that in the future. I started ballet when I was 5 and did it off and on for about 8 years, then I had to stop for a time while I focused on school.I just moved to orlando florida, so if anyone knows of a great dance studio let me know.
By susu
On Fri Nov 25, 2005 09:28 AM
I'm up to 70 students now! I only needed 35 to break even.
Dance Studio
By Karyn1111
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 09:18 AM
Your story really touched me, This is my ultimate dream to open and run a successful studio. How did you do it.
Mrs.Karyn
By dynamicdance
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:50 AM
It is nice to have some place to go with questions and to get such great ideas from people in the same situation.
re: Dance.net Has Helped Me Attain My Dream of Having A Successful Studio (karma: 1)
By susu
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 AM
I just decided to go for it! I had the money finally, but dance.net is where I found the most helpful advice on floors, barres, mirrors, advertising ideas, and marketing ideas! I am up to twice as many students as I needed to break even now! I definately wouldn't have as many without all the ideas I've gotten from dance.net!
Wooow!
By Asya
On Wed Nov 30, 2005 02:03 PM
That's super!!!!Congrats!
By SpringsDance
On Wed Nov 30, 2005 02:07 PM
Congrats!
I love paying myself :)
and others too!
By susu
On Wed Nov 30, 2005 02:14 PM
I make enough money now to buy all the household groceries and Wal-Mart stuff that we need every month. Last time I came home from the grocery store, my husband was ready to gripe because he thought I had spent too much money. Then I told him he didn't need to worry about it because I spent my money and not his. It was great because he had such a hard time giving up that little bit of control.
By SpringsDance
On Wed Nov 30, 2005 02:25 PM
Susu, LOL!!
I have been saving what I pay myself and now that we are moving to a new spot, all of that is going to building a wall and laying flooring :)
Oh well, tax write offs :)
I was saving it for a new home :)
I guess my studio is my new home.

ReplySendWatch