Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4
Disco Advice
Stones/Stoned FAQ (karma: 15)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Nov 11, 2005 04:35 PM

DISCO FAQ: STONES/STONING COSTUMES

-Where do I get stones?-
Q: Where can I purchase stones online?

A: 247dancewear.co.uk seems to be the cheapest site, and they ship quickly!

Q: Where can I get stones? Foxy Dancewear has stones on their website – are they good? And, what is a gross of stones?

A: A gross is the amount of stones. A gross is a lot of stones though, so make sure you know what your ordering!

Foxy stones are good, but 247dancewear.co.uk, and chrisanne.co.uk are also excellent places for good stones.

-Ok, so now I’ve got stones. But how do I put them on, and where can I put them?-
Q: I’d like to use glue to adhere my stones. What kinds do you recommend?

A: Janine makes an excellent glue. Trimit is also good, and some companies use a simple glue gun!

Q: I’m getting a new costume, and I’m stoning it myself. Any suggestions?

A: Be individual! Pick your own patterns, and your guarenteed to look unique!

Q: I’m getting ready to move into Intermediate, and I’m not ready to get rid of my costume, so I want to stone it. My costume is black and pink. What colors do you recommend?

A: Crystal AB, Rose AB or Rose, Jet AB, Jet, Jet Hematite, Jet Nut, Black Diamond,
or Black Diamond AB.

Q: What have you stoned?

A: Everything can be stoned! T-shirts, cell phones, mp3 players, bags, and especially costumes!

Q: How long do I leave the glue to dry before wearing the costume again?

A: It’s best to leave the costume overnight, to be sure that the glue is fully dry.

Q: Where can I buy glue to stick stones in my hair?

A: Most designers will sell it in their stalls at the competitions.

-Alright, so that’s nice, but it didn’t really answer my question…-
Q: I’m ordering stones, and I keep seeing these strange numbers – SS10, SS20, etc. What does it mean?

A: The numbers are the sizes. SS20s are usually about 5mm/6mm in diameter.

Q: I’m seeing “sunglow stones” on a lot of websites. What are they?

A: Sunglow stones are simply regular stones. Sunglow is the name of the color.

Q: Does anyone know the website address for Stoned?

A: As of the date of publishing this FAQ, Stoned does not currently have a website.

Q: How can I assure that I’m getting genuine Swarovski crystals?

A: The only way to be sure that your getting genuine stones is to go to a Swarovski dealer, like 247dancewear.co.uk.

Q: What’s the difference between “Crystal” and “Crystal AB” stones?

A: “Crystal AB” stones will reflect color, which actually makes them sparkle more then “Crystal” stones.

Q: Which size stone is bigger – SS30 or SS10?

A: SS30.

Q: Can anyone tell me where I can find large stones?

A: choicelondon.net is a great website!

-Special Notes-

There are lots of different types (qualities) of Rhinestones...

You can quite easily get spoilt for choice :? lol :D

The top (best) quality Rhinestone is ~ Swarovski!

The next grade down is ~ Preciosa 12 cut! This stones has the same amount of cuts as a Swarovski Stone but the cut is slightly flatter than the pointier cut on the Swarovski...

Then you have ~ Preciosa they are available in 8 or 10 cuts! With this cut the reflectiveness is not as good as the above named two...

Then you have ~ Bohemian this is a Machine Cut Rhinestone! This type of stone is a lot cheaper than the above named three Stones...

Then you have ~ Rhinestone this is the lowest quality and still are good stones.

If you are just planning on decorating personal items but not clothing or costumes, it would be best to just buy a normal rhinestone – as they are very cheap!

But if your planning on stoning clothing or a costume I would recommend a higher quality stone ;)

There are many places you can obtain Stones from, you can get spoilt for choice, lol :D

Here are a few wholesale companies ~
* DSI 0208 664 8188 dancesport-international.co.uk.
* Chrisanne chrisanne.co.uk
* Choice of London
* Trim-It UK 01253 622853

* Design by Janine also sells Swarovski and Bohemian Stones designbyjanine.co.uk
01785 716016

Any more questions? Add them here!

93 Replies to Stones/Stoned FAQ

re: Stones/Stoned FAQ
By Chouplalamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6421, member since Sat Oct 18, 2003
On Sat Nov 12, 2005 01:41 AM
Hi T,

Great post hopefully this will cut down on the amount of stone Posts!

Fab Idea!

x Isabelle x
stones
By dancedance72 Comments: 215, member since Sat Apr 16, 2005
On Sat Nov 12, 2005 05:07 AM
just wanted to add i have oredered stones form streamers.co.uk and the service is very quick and cheaper than anywhere else i could find.
By Designs_By_ElvenPremium member Comments: 1682, member since Thu Oct 07, 2004
On Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 AM
I have also ordered the normal rhinestones from rhinestonesonline.co.uk & they are fast & cheap :D

Ange
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:52 AM
The difference between Swarovski and Precosia stones is that one is Austrian and the other is checkoslavakian aand are both the same quality

We purchase all our stones from

nevtex,com Who do a next day delivery or if you live near Nottingham you can go and purchase straight from them

Love Mama DD's xxx
By Icelollymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2149, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 02:52 AM
i always hot fix my stones much quicker and far less messy than glue i find they stay on better to

i use

diamantedesigns.co.uk

they are in Grantham mail order is very very fast and i have always had 1st class service from them!

jensmun
By Jess_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1403, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 09:03 AM
hi

this is a great post!!!!!

it gives loads of advice on where to buy stones , how to stick them on and where to buy the glue from!!!

it also tells you what the best quality stones are!!!!!

lv jess
xxxx
By LaurenGrantChampPremium member Comments: 584, member since Wed Aug 10, 2005
On Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:15 AM
Hi ,
My shop supplies crystal ab's and plain crystal. For £20 per 10 gross, and for the AB's £25. Hope this help... pm me if your interested!
By frestylecaroline Comments: 33, member since Thu Dec 01, 2005
On Wed Dec 07, 2005 04:51 PM
Edited by frestylecaroline (146605) on 2005-12-07 17:02:57 wrote in caps
good post ive ordered stones a couple
of times and will find it easier to
shop around using your info
THANKS CAROLINE
By dancingtriomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4287, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Thu Dec 08, 2005 04:36 PM
hiya all,
i have noticed a few dancers on dancenet photos with stones on there face,how do you get the stones to stay on? and if its with glue is it safe.
many thanks deborah
(mum to 3 dancers) xxx xxx xxx
By nikklamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6864, member since Sat Mar 22, 2003
On Fri Dec 09, 2005 06:03 AM
hiya

does any body know ROUGHLY how much a gross of stones actually is, i dont mean in price though, but in quantity!

thanx,
Nicola xxx
re: Stones/Stoned FAQ (karma: 1)
By LaurenGrantChampPremium member Comments: 584, member since Wed Aug 10, 2005
On Fri Dec 09, 2005 01:13 PM
1 gross = 144 stones
10 gross = 1440 stones
hope it helps
x
iya
By littledancer99member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1465, member since Thu Aug 12, 2004
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 03:30 PM
Hiya Theresa

Great Post

Alex xx
By nikklamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6864, member since Sat Mar 22, 2003
On Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:11 AM
hiya

does anybody know where i can get sew on circle stones :?

Nicola xxx
By xxshivxx Comments: 162, member since Tue Dec 13, 2005
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 07:14 AM
It is always better to buy dearer stones rather than cheap stones.For the cheap stones its always a pain because you cant stick the stones back on, as for the dearer stones you can stick them bck on in no time.

frm siobhan xx
How can i reuse stones?
By chloeisfit Comments: 1453, member since Sun Aug 14, 2005
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 02:45 PM
I have an old outfit with stones on and i want to know how i can remove them easily for reuse?
luv
chloe
By ExchampionJames Comments: 21, member since Mon Oct 03, 2005
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 06:36 PM
Removed by calypso (11968) on 2006-01-08 10:06:42 netspeak
streamers r da best
By Icelollymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2149, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 04:48 AM
sew on circles etc can all be got at diamantedesigns.co.uk
they now do glue on stones hotfix stones etc etc. i have just orderd all the stones for jennis new slow including some sew on pointed oval shapes they came the next day !!!
By studio33Premium member Comments: 213, member since Sun Oct 10, 2004
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 01:48 PM
put outfit in boiling water for half hour,keep toping water up with warm,glue will then soften,easy removal.
By DancewearDesignPremium member Comments: 5614, member since Sat Jan 22, 2005
On Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:19 PM
Hi, I sell all the Preciosa stones, glue and sample sheets/ advise sheets etc as to how to apply the stones- what the difference is etc.
my advise is beware of some of the very cheap stones as they are not glass but acrylic and don't sparkle at all- also some of the Korean stones are very dull so a waste of money really!It is not worth trying to save the extra few pounds- stick to Swarowski and Preciosa for the best qualities!
You can pm me for details of my website/store.or if you have any questions
Cathryn x
By AuroraCals Comments: 356, member since Thu Nov 13, 2003
On Wed Feb 22, 2006 03:09 PM
I am looking for somewhere to purchase stones in Australia - does anyone know of a store?
Also, I will be stoning a lycra leotard, what is the best method? Stoning is almost unheard of in my dance area so this will be a first for many of us!
hey i need help
By disco_pippa Comments: 62, member since Thu Sep 22, 2005
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 02:05 AM
hey ppl
my mum wants to stone my u/14 slow costume how many gross do you think i will need to stone it ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
im consused how many stones is in a gross and how many i will need!!!!
:S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S
thx
pippa
XXXX
By wee_hayley_babemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 353, member since Tue Dec 13, 2005
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 03:16 AM
hi
where do you think the cheapest place is
love wee hyaley :)
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 03:27 AM
Hiya

ive found 247dancewear.co.uk quite good value

Nicola xxx
By princess14member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 44, member since Thu Feb 23, 2006
On Thu Apr 27, 2006 05:12 AM
my mum is worried about stoneing our doubles costumes which is the best glue and can she get it from same place as stones. nink xx
Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch