Forum: Highland / Highland - Hornpipe

How to do this step?
By tygerflame23
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 03:26 PM

I am not sure quite how to do this step, I think it is called ?diagonal travel?
shuffle
then kick legs up to 4th arial 4x
shuffle, shuffle.
etc...
What feet?
thanks.
katt
ps.sorry if this is confusing

5 Replies to How to do this step?

re: How to do this step?
By batd_teacherPremium member
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 03:42 PM
Edited by batd_teacher (85287) on 2005-11-15 15:44:35 missprint
It's the scissors step if I guess right.

Think of doing spring points, but without touching the ground, travelling on the diagonal.
By meagid
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 03:58 PM
so to do the step you start by shuffling with your left foot, then spring and extend your right leg to fourth ariel and spring three more times extending your working foot to the same position. now you shuffle with your right foot and do a ball change. Next hop on your left foot and do another shuffle with your right foot and repeat the kicks starting with your left foot and finishing with your right foot extended. Shuffle with your left foot, ball change shuffle (lf), hop down shuffle ball change shuffle (rf) break. So that's the first half of the step... for the next half you just repeat starting with the opposite foot.

This might be a bit confusing... but i hope it helps...
By ontariodancer
On Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:30 PM
That's almost right. Probably just a typo but I thought I should correct to avoid confusion.
Start step with a shuffle LF or hop r and shuffle LF. Spring onto LF and extend RF to 4th aer. Three more springs with extensions. Spring onto LF shuffle RF ball change. Repeat what ever you did above (if you started with a shuffle, dance a shuffle here and if you started with a hop shuffle, dance that here)only opposite. Shuffle LF hop down shuffle beat beat shuffle hop down shuffle beat beat then break. If doing break A step down at the back, if doing break B hop then step down, if doing break C shuffle hop down. All breaks are acceptable but break C is most common. Good luck with this step. Ask your teacher for some help if you are having problems with it. :)
By highlandlassie
On Wed Nov 16, 2005 06:58 AM
Actually the steps not called 'Scissors', although I always want to call it that too! I guess I'm not the only one who things that this step is the one that should be called scissors! The actual "Scissors" step is the one that's like the Charleston. :]
By highland_emmy
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 04:23 PM
Really? I always thought that that was scissors.

ReplySendWatch