Forum: General / Modern / Modern Dance - General

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
re: Simple Guide To Choreography
By chaine_boimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 729, member since Wed Mar 30, 2005
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 03:51 AM
Wow, even though I'm not doing modern that's still very helpful advice. I'm pretty sure it can apply to lyrical as well. Karma for you.
By ashular Comments: 21, member since Sat Nov 23, 2002
On Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:14 AM
modern dance forms! pre-classic dance forms! louis horst!
By alt_dancer Comments: 38, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Wed Apr 05, 2006 09:15 PM
10 ways to manipulate a motif:
repetition
retrograde
quality
inversion
levels
size
body part
tempo
staging
and a combination of more than one of the terms
By loopyliza Comments: 6, member since Fri Mar 17, 2006
On Mon Apr 10, 2006 07:43 AM
this was really good, it will help loads xxx
By TEAM_MOMmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2268, member since Tue Sep 21, 2004
On Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:33 PM
Excellent resource. Karma to several of you on this thread. Nice comparisons of styling.
By GreekGina Comments: 51, member since Mon May 29, 2006
On Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:39 PM
That was awesome!!! Thank you so so so much...I've never actually had choreography training before so this will definitely come in handy! It also got me thinking since both my exam and recital are coming up real soon!
MARINA :)
By DaNc3R0f2M0Rr0w Comments: 332, member since Fri Jun 16, 2006
On Fri Jun 16, 2006 09:49 PM
wow this thing really helped me understand somethings about modern dance. than you some much for posting this!!
By i_luv2_danz Comments: 274, member since Wed Aug 20, 2003
On Tue Jul 04, 2006 03:48 AM
Thank you so much! That is a fantastic article thingo! I've book marked it for future use. Thank you so much I love it! I want to be a choreographer when I get older! And you have made it much easier! ahaha i didn't know all these things existed! So once again thank you so much!
Tom
By i_luv2_danz Comments: 274, member since Wed Aug 20, 2003
On Tue Jul 04, 2006 03:51 AM
Thank you so much! That is a fantastic article thingo! I've book marked it for future use. Thank you so much I love it! I want to be a choreographer when I get older! And you have made it much easier! ahaha i didn't know all these things existed! So once again thank you so much!
Tom
By dancinschatz Comments: 77, member since Sun Mar 06, 2005
On Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:28 PM
That was a really great sum-up of what I learned my first year of Comp class. Another thing to remember is that when you get stuck, you're probably thinking too hard. Sometimes you need to ge out of your head and dance. Some of my best movement comes from improvisation with my chosen intention (aka idea, or theme)

My teacher reccomended that if I start seriously persuing a choreography degree and career to invest in a camcorder and record myself improvising to different intentions (aka themes or ideas) so that I can use movement I create that way and not forget it like I normally would in an improv sesion.

I have not yet invested in my own camcorder, but I think it's a great idea and I'm saving up :)

Just remember, when stuck, DANCE it out.

My best stuff comes when I let my mind go at first and just dance and then tweak the movement with all the techniques listed in Muffin's outline as well as subsequent replies....afterward.

Good luck to us all!

Aims
By dancingnbarefeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 121, member since Wed Jul 12, 2006
On Sun Jul 16, 2006 07:39 AM
wow, thats great, thats helped me a lot. i have to do my first choreography piece soon and thats helped me a lot thanks. i wanted to make it really unlike anyone elses and unique. thanks. keep it up :)
By dancingmama2 Comments: 43, member since Tue Mar 21, 2006
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:29 PM
Thanks for posting! This was a great addition to my old Dance notes. Kudos!
WOW
By dncngJ180 Comments: 81, member since Mon Aug 14, 2006
On Mon Aug 14, 2006 07:18 PM
This guide is AMAZING!!! I just graduated with my degree in dance with an emphasis in choreography/performance, and the who list you put up will definitely help me now and in the future. I wish I would have listed the things my dance teachers said to me over the years. That is such a great idea. Thanks again!
By Kenneth_sze Comments: 3, member since Fri Aug 11, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 08:02 AM
I'm studying too.It's great !
By cecile_brown2003 Comments: 35, member since Fri Aug 11, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 07:27 PM
i've never taken a clas before on choreography, but i've always thought that i needed to. now that i've read your little crash course, i'm really interested in taking one. i'm pretty good at creating pieces, but it takes me awhile, and i'm never really satisfied until i've changed the dance around like 5 times (especially if the routine is for me). is this normal? i don't mind who answers this for me, just as long as its answered. by the way, thanks for this thread. it helped alot! :) smooches
By loony_lad Comments: 21, member since Mon Aug 21, 2006
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 04:14 PM
wow this was ace thanks - i got a teachin exam comin up and this will REALLY help me in the choreography section!

thanks mate - ur a lifesaver

x
By loony_lad Comments: 21, member since Mon Aug 21, 2006
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 04:25 PM
wow this was ace thanks - i got a teachin exam comin up and this will REALLY help me in the choreography section!

thanks mate - ur a lifesaver

x
By tribedancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 679, member since Thu Feb 09, 2006
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 09:44 PM
that was really great stuff!
Guide To Choreography
By EDCdanceISlOvE Comments: 39, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:36 AM
Thanks that really Helped! I think I am going to try the things that you put under 'things to try'!
By NayMarie6 Comments: 36, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Tue Oct 17, 2006 08:33 PM
Granted I did not read the whole thing, I think your composed guide of styles is very useful. I will eventually one day read it. It can only better us all. Thank you fir the time you have taken to compose it.
By danitykanepcd Comments: 20, member since Tue Aug 15, 2006
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 07:16 AM
thanks but i was wondering could you tell me what was the name of those leap jump that look like you doign the splits in the air and how could you get better at that
By DANCEisPASSION1 Comments: 9, member since Fri Nov 10, 2006
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 01:37 PM
Wow, that is definetly very helpful. I can't choreograph dances at all. I honestly also didn't know that there were guides of doing so! Well thank you so much!
By pheebs17member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 530, member since Thu Dec 07, 2006
On Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:37 PM
thank you so much! im about to get into choreographing an independent dance study dance. and you helped SO MUCH, im deffinately printing this out!

THANKS
thank you!!!!!
By hexgirl22 Comments: 23, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Sat Dec 23, 2006 04:47 PM
i am sooo glad u did this!!!it helped me a lot!!!

-
Jessie
By twiggy9207 Comments: 35, member since Fri Jun 09, 2006
On Sun Jan 07, 2007 02:36 PM
i know im the billionth person to thank you for posting this, but really!
i needed to be told to quit thinking so much about my attempted choreography, but now I know how to go about thinking about it right for that part of the process. Im a total ameteur at choreography, but am trying to have a decent amount of say in my (first) solo for my recital, since the song has particular meaning to me. Thanks for the help!
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch