Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

captains?
By Odancer234875
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 06:19 PM

Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone else was a captains and could help with a problem? This girl (who no one really likes and has been on the team one season longer than i)dont really get along becasue she is jelous of me being captain. So during practice when i am trying to teach the dance she chimes in with her personal suggestions and it throws everything off...any suggestions on what i should do?

5 Replies to captains?

re: captains?
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:31 PM
this is a complex problem, and no one can give you good advice without knowing the whole situation. However, the one piece of advice I can give is that the longer you let a situation like that continue, the harder it is to remedy. If you have already been letting her undermine your authority, you're going to have a heck of a time fixing the problem. So if you're going to deal with it, sooner is much better than later. But if it helps, this is a situation that many (if not most) captains have to deal with - especially if you don't have a really active sponsor or director.

Good luck!
By NellRosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 26, 2005 09:44 AM
could you talk to your coach about it? She's the ultimate authority and thus this girl will have to listen to her...but I would only do that if you can't solve it yourself first
By Kellithmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 07:21 PM
Do you guys have a merit/demerit system on your team? Threaten her with demerits (privately) and if she doesn't stop, actually give her demerits. Talk to your coaches too.

~Kellith~
By dancefreak33455member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 28, 2005 09:12 AM
Been there. I make them run if they do that. or put them on the side doing drop-spins with nthe flag... then I have the sponser give demerits. They stop eventually.
By elisalovesyoumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 04:08 PM
I have that same problem. There is this girl who just joined the team (and has been dancing since she was 6 which isnt even as long as me cuz ive been dancing since I was 2)so she doesnt like me because she thinks shes a much better dancer then me. So she does the same thing. But we have the merit/demerit system so Ive just been givving her demerits...

ReplySendWatch