Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: so, you think you can dance??
By Angelmum
On Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:25 PM
I want Anita to take it, but most likely it will be Daniel.

Who knows?

If you were in it, leezathebaleriza, YOU would win it! lol
By NZDanzer
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 04:36 PM
Yes, for what it is worth, if I were a judge, I think it would be between Daniel and Anita as well. Sorry to make you jealous - but I did go to two of the recordings!! They were great.
By leezathebaleriza
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 01:49 AM
o wow, i AM jealous! :( grr, thats why auckland would be a good place to live, not christchurch! arghh, o yea, i fully forgot about anita! shes such a gorgeous dancer to watch! she can adapt to all the different styles, and is really gorgeous! dam. ok, so its definately between daniel, anita, possibly sharnika, remember, its audience vote... so popularity will in the end win.... :S
By jenn_np
On Fri Mar 10, 2006 02:24 PM
haha, if you think christchurch is bad try new plymouth :)
id say daniel will probably win, just because more girls are likely to vote than guys, :P harsh but true.
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Sun Mar 12, 2006 02:46 PM
I actually like Katie - for someone with a ballet background she did awesome at the hip hop last night!

Although I didn't get to watch the 2nd half.. people came over and i had to put it on mute.. gutted.
By NZDanzer
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 02:05 AM
So what did everyone think of it tonight? I would hate to have been one of the judges to choose between Jason and Justin!!! Think they are both awesome dancers. So sad to have to reject 2 dancers at the end of the show, isn't it?!
By Angelmum
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:18 PM
I thought that Jason would go because he did both his "death dances" as tap, and the judges did say that they wanted to see more of his dance ability...why didn't he try hip hop? He looked like he could've given it a pretty good shot and what did he have to lose?
I liked Justin's dance - very funky and innovative.
Katie (after her nervousness) was okay - I agree with the judges, I don't think we have seen the real dancer in Katie.
Amber? Well, her death dance was terrible and I felt really sorry for her - she knew she blew it, and instead of bowing out on a positive note, she was too distressed to fully appreciate what she had achieved - she made it so far when hundreds hadn't!!!!

Still sticking with my original picks - Daniel and Anita.
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:51 AM
I fully love katie. Although I thought her solo yesterday was blah. Like it was good, but I don't know.. just lacking. It may have been the camera angle though.
By delnz99
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 05:01 AM
Is the show still on?

I'm coming over on the weekend and would love to catch it on the box while I'm there.
By leezathebaleriza
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 09:11 PM
hey! yea, its still on! sundays at 730 on tv3. its down to the... top 10 i think now? (2 go every week) and its audience vote from top 6. so should be good.
By delnz99
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 03:34 AM
Choice thanks for that! I will definately be watching it.

Unfortunately, I fly in at midnight tomorrow night (Sunday) so will have to wait a week before I get to watch it. :(
By Angelmum
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 02:17 AM
I really thought Kate had done enough to stay on but I guess she didn't exude as much confidence as Zoe....
I really liked that Jason went out to try new things but unfortunately when it's do or die, that's not the time to do it!
All the remaining dancers are amazing and I feel like I know them a little and it will be sad to see some of them go.

Rock on Daniel and Anita!

PS Jason and Shannika (sp?) were totally awesome tonight - they looked and danced fantastic!
By jenn_np
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 03:59 AM
mmmhmm their contempory was AMAZING
both of them, WOW

and as for daniel, whroar :|

i personally would've chosen zoe to go.
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 03:15 PM
me too, but mainly because I find Zoe totally boring. If Katie had done something like what they showed her ding in her audition in wellington, then I think she could have stayed!

I loved the contemporary, but got pretty peeved off at the camera angles. I mean its supposed to be dramatic and an overall picture. Them zooming in and out and changing angles all the time detracted from the overall impact I thought. It woul have been good to see it live.
By jenn_np
On Mon Mar 27, 2006 01:19 AM
I find zoe boring as well, she doesn't have that "wow I just HAVE to watch" factor about her as far as I'm concerned.
As for Katie being off balance? what was with that comment :|

and live would DEFINITELY be better
By louie2003
On Sun Apr 02, 2006 04:28 PM
Wasn't Anita's solo cool!!
By Angelmum
On Mon Apr 03, 2006 01:46 AM
Anita's solo - WOW!

She was en pointe as well, and her moves were fantastic and I think she blew the audience away because her music was unusual and not something that the general audience would have heard before AND I definitely LOVED the ears and tail, she really thought of everything.

When is Zoe going?
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 02:35 AM
OMG I am going to THROTTLE the camera director.

wtf compells you to change camera angles ever 2 secs? Why alwasy in the middle of a spin so we miss the beginning or the end? Why are all the jumps shot from underneath so we see crotch shots and the legs get cut off at the end? I'd rather see how high they got than their butts! What a way to lose all the impact of a jump. And as for changing angles everytime they move, how are we supposed to see where they are moving to??

/rant

I thought Justin and Anita's Solos were awesome. Zoe.. can she go now? Please?
By leezathebaleriza
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 04:12 AM
Sparks_Nz, i definately agree with you! the camera work is annoying!!! I hate it when you can see a great move coming up, and they change the angle! its so distracting! and definately doesn't do the dances (or dancers) justice! So, down to the audience vote, i really hope Leo goes! i just cant stand him! (srry if hes reading! LOL) but anita justin dan and sharnika are my top four, from there, i jst cant choose. wonder how the results will turn out!
By pointytoes
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 04:20 AM
Its got to be Daniel or Anita for me, our whole house thinks they are great. We do wonder though how honest is the voting??????? because if its anything like the bidding on Mitre 10 dream home then Id have to say i wouldnt belive it. But dance on Dan and Anita.
By louie2003
On Thu Apr 13, 2006 06:32 PM
The ballroom judge kinda annoys me when it's not ballroom he never really has anything to say other than it was good or "I agree with Michael" he doesn't go in to depth about anything.
By delnz99
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 01:40 AM
Well, I watched it... Or tried to...

Sorry to say but I found the show a touch on the boring side. The costumes were bland and the dancing was mediocre - many of the moves didn't seem to fit the music. Maybe it's just the section I watched (because I quickly lost interest) but I wasn't too impressed. I agree with previous posters about the camera work too - how distracting!!

I was quite bummed because I was looking forward to watching it.

In saying all that...Keep me posted on who wins though;)
By J_O_S_I_E
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 05:16 PM
GO SHARNIKAAAA
yea um that girl is my idol lol awesome at every kind of dance and shes younger than me lol grrrr yea so anyway i love the ballroom judge lol he tells it like it is "too much cheerleading, not enough dancing" yes yes yes um but yea thats true he doesnt know much about other stuff. But then again the other two dont know about ballroom ie leos cha cha liana: "that was a lovely dance but take more risks" harry: "um dont take risks its an international standard cha cha" yea ok i know if im quoting the judges i watch the show too much but i love it GO SHARNIKAAAA !!
By NZDanzer
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 02:45 AM
Hmmm, was typing away and suddenly screen disappeared! So apologies if you have to read my comments twice! Re the camera angles, etc. Having watched the show twice live now, I actually think the camera angles enhance the performance rather than detract from it. But that is just me - happy to accept other's opinions. I still think the show is fab. Went to Dirty Dancing the other night and after having watched the dancers in SYTYCD giving it so much, I just felt the dancers in DD were a little slack - not quite giving it their all! Think all the dancers in the final are fabulous for various reasons. Love Sharnika - coz she so has her head screwed on the right way for such a young person and is destined to make it in showbiz. But also love Anita, Dan and Justin. They are very cool and I love watching them all dance! Go Guys!
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch