Forum: General / Hip Hop / Battles

Battles you've been in
By LiLRico3
On Fri Nov 18, 2005 03:44 PM

name ur best battle that u have ever been in. name the krupmest time u have ever won any battles at all. name the place whatever.

lilrico3

18 Replies to Battles you've been in

re: Battles you've been in
By Cooperklan
On Fri Jan 06, 2006 03:23 PM
my best battle, we battled for $1,000 dollars and my crew knew we had to win. Usually our battles only last about one song but this one took 3 songs to finish and it ended up coming down to a freestyle at the end cuzour crews were almost equally matched. so i then came up to their leader and we went head to head and i tried some old stuff on him like some old michael jackson and usher type stuff with a lot of poses and freezes in it and the crowd loved it but then he came out and didnt know what to do cuz the crowd was going crazy. so he choked. and we won! hard to believe but its true! belive dat!!!
my best battle
By bgirl_marg17
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:17 PM
OK my best battle was at lunch one friday afternoon. These freshman boys were breaking in a nearby corridor and my friend Aaron and I went to watch. Seeing as how Aaron is a part of Fresh Crew (the meanist crew at my high school), the boys were stoaked and they asked him to break for them, but he was tired and he said no. So they carried on with their session and then (cue scarry music) this tiny little asian kid tried to do a 6 step and I started laughing because he looked dumb doing it. So the kid's buddy got a bitchy and challenged me to a duel. He started out doing a mean ass rock step and went into a 6 step and froze in a lovely pose. So I returned his gesture and did a kickass up rock and went into the classic 6 step (by this time all the other guys were in a state of shock) and then I froze.....and did a 6 step backwards and froze again and twisted my way off the ground. He replied with the windmill and I had no choice but to go old school on his ass and start pop locking like I just stepped out of 1976 It was great. His buddies all decided that I served his ass....
So now whenever I walk by, they stop what their doing and walk away :D
no story but prob soon to be
By alaskanbboymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:29 AM
well i don't really have many battle stories but i recently got asked to battle by this freshman at my highschool cuz he heard i could break... the kid doesn't even know who i am... just heard that i can break... so now next school dance were gonna go all out... i can't wait to see what he can do... last year it was just me n this one thai kid who could do anything... and i was always gone when he was there... it gets kinda boring with no one to battle, pretty much just a show for all the little kiddies.... im not too worried cuz i've got some power moves to back me up and my pop n lock isn't too shabby so im pretty excited... i'll be sure to come back n post if the battle goes awsome...
AKbboy
By izzy89member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 19, 2006 08:44 AM
i have never been battlin. not becouse i am a coward, and not becouse i cant dance. i dance not to show off and say- haha you sucker, i am better than ya! i dance becouse i like to do that, and me and my friends are having a lot of fun. we danse to entertain :) but i like to watch other people dancin though ;)
By Keitsumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 21, 2006 09:23 PM
It wasn't necessarily a battle but it was close enough. I went against a guy who goes by the name of Amaze and he has been doing funkstyles for like 7 years now. He's amazing and he dominated me. Yeah pretty good experience ^_^ It was awesome to see someone who has been in the funkstyle game for a while and trained by top notch groups/people ABM, Boppin Andre, etc.. He wasn't originally in Iowa, but now he is here so he trains me.

I would just like you all to know that its good to lose sometimes. Especially if you have been winning every battle before hand to people who have less or close to your skill. Not only do your learn from your loss, you can also gain a valuable resource, friend, and more will to get better.
By Foundation
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:49 AM
yo that sounded like a kick ass battle good job and good luck in da near future!!!!
By lil_chica
On Tue Mar 07, 2006 04:43 AM
well i know the worst battle we have ever had was when we battled a load ov kids and the basically just won beacuse they were a novelty n the crowd cheered for the smallest move they made :@
By hottieman01
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 02:42 AM
YOU KNOW OF ANY CALI UNDERGROUND? IF YOU DO LET ME KNOW THANKS
By Bgirl_Viclicious
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 04:46 PM
im from uk and i have been breaking for 10 years now, and last year i went over to america and i got to battle with a well known crew called the massive monkees we won, and for you all who know the massive monkees you will know how good they are
By BgirlZoul
On Mon Apr 10, 2006 07:58 PM
The best battle I have been in was when I danced more for almost ten rounds against other bgirls until the judges said no more battling. The crowd was into our battle rounds. Yes, it was tiring. Who would ever see bgirls go more than three rounds without any stops? That's crazy, but it was fun.
By AyDee
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 01:10 PM
b girl viclicious u battled massive monkeys? theyre dope esp in commando battles.
but yeah they are pretty well known but i dont think theyre CRAZYYY. but good job on the win. its def an achievement.

props
keep the funk aliveeee
aydee
By AyDee
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 01:11 PM
and i dont battle bc i dont know how to dance...
By Bgirl_Viclicious
On Tue Apr 18, 2006 04:07 AM
well i got to battle with them in their crew, and we won i didnt battle against them, but then for a mess around afterwords i battled one of their members which was pretty cool
By novrandy20
On Mon May 22, 2006 02:58 PM
I was in a battle by myself in a club in Miami it was so hot. I saw 3 guys dancing really good and all my friends were telling me that I need to dance with them and I was like no but then I kept thinking about it. So later on like 5 minutes later and I RAN across the room and jumped in their face and started krumping in the face then started pop and locking the freestyled in their face and everybody had to pick up their mouths off the floor because that shit was hot.
By xox_dancer09_xox
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 04:42 PM
hehe believe it or not - i acually battled to win a guy :):)

i used to go clubbing every week ( hiphop club ) n battles didnt go on much but when they did i didnt usually go in them untill one day i saw the guy i liked watching - i knew i was good enough so i decided to battle this girl !!

turns out ...i won a red rose lol !!! and the girl wanted to acually fight me outside because she couldnt take it !!

that was my first ever battle !!!

xxxxxxx rach xxxxxxx
Never Battled But Looking 4 Crew
By battlegurl1911
On Thu Sep 07, 2006 02:45 PM
I have never battled in my life because my friends aren't really into all that. So I have to get a crew together to get out there and battle because my friends only do it when no one's around.
By Youngstar003
On Mon Sep 18, 2006 01:56 PM
One of the illest battle I was in was at this party used to earn money for a scholarship. The scene was aiight but the DJ was tripping. He Kept playing out dated country musik. ugh!!! but anyway, the Party started to get hype when urs truly got on the floor. I saw someone starting to dance so I walked over. I asked iF ol dude could show out. He said he would but it would have to B in a battle. Challenge Brought Challenge accepted. His Wave was cool but his popping needed a lil more to b desired. I popped I locked I waved I ticked I did everything except go down and rip a lil footwurk. It was obviouus who won. Another battle Another win
hip-hop battles
By dancemaniac3
On Tue Sep 26, 2006 08:52 AM
i been in a dance battle at Kingsessing with my cuzins and we won and my little cuzzin Larika was the crumpest and so was I but iI had to let them know just b/c yall know how to dance I'm in a dance group called Set It Off and we have won many battles we even gotta chane to still perform the new Sneaker Villa video and be on T.v. so i just had to get on this jawn and like rep for my team you know b/c i got alot of courage in us that we is gonna blow up one day and that will be the end of it

ReplySendWatch