Forum: General / Success Stories

Dance.net has done so many things for me....see inside. (karma: 7)
By SammyAnnmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 01:26 PM

When I first joined dance.net, I didn't realize how much this place would mean to me.

I'll start at dance. The Irish boards have given me advice, support, and the opportunity to help others. Plus, I have met dancers from all around through dance.net, and I have made some great Irish dance friends that understand what I'm going through, like Dani(The MidlakeMuse) IrishdanceElfie, Llamallamaduck, sunnyskies230, the list goes on and on.

Dance.net has also given me the opportunity to learn about other forms of dance. I didn't even know there was such a thing as disco, and even though I knew what highland was, I know so much more about it from the boards here at DDN. I can even pick out some ballet moves, just from reading the boards!

I am more knowledgeable as a result of DDN. Many of the posts on the debate board and the philosophy board make me think, and I learn about other's views. It fascinates me.

Suddenly, I start caring more about natural disasters. Who on DDN lives in that area? When hurricane Katrina hit, I had other DDNers' phone numbers to ensure that my friend Natty, was ok. I always was sympathetic to victims of natural disasters, but for once I actually was connected to somebody who was about to face something I have never even been close to.

I have recieved support, and have given support. When I joined DDN, I didn't realize exactly how sad some other lives are. Now, I know how to give support to those who are going through tough times.

Dance.net has made me laugh so many times, and has made me cry sometimes, and has made me think about others.

Most of all, dance.net helped me to realize what I wanted to do with my life. I realized I wanted to be a dance teacher, and I am working on reaching that goal all the time now.

Thank you, dance.net.

6 Replies to Dance.net has done so many things for me....see inside.

re: Dance.net has done so many things for me....see inside.
By Rosiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 22, 2005 07:23 AM
Sammy! I'm glad you're on ddn...i love reading your comments, and you're a really fun person to talk to!

Rosie < 33
By reelcanadiangirlPremium member
On Wed Nov 23, 2005 01:21 PM
Aww, how sweet! DDN has done so much for me too! Glad to have you on the Irish boards!
great
By Dance_Diva3
On Fri Dec 09, 2005 08:26 AM
That is awesome. I am a new member so I hope that this will be a great experience for me also. I really love to dance and I hope that this will get me started so that I can become noticed. Talk to you later! Bye
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 13, 2005 02:47 PM
What a wonderful story! Many of us agree wholeheartedly with you about how DDN is such a wonderful supportive place. All of us can give and receive such great support to each other. Thank you for echoing the feelings that many of us have. DDN has enriched so many of us in so many ways.

Karma to you and good luck and keep us posted!
By AutomaticTeapotmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 27, 2005 07:19 PM
Maybe I could could pick up some Irish moves if I read those boards ;) Yup DDN is pretty awesome in lots of ways :D
By Katherine2204
On Wed Dec 28, 2005 04:27 PM
I definatly agree with you! DDN has bought so much more happiness into my life to! Although i'm not a full member yet,(can't wait until i am!)i love being able to contribute in helping others-well trying anyway! Its great to be able to get advice on the net and feel like you are actually talking to people!
Dance.net has done so much for me to!!!

:) xk

ReplySendWatch