Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

What's your favorite trick?
By butters
On Mon Nov 21, 2005 06:55 PM

So, what's your favorite trick to perform or watch-but specifiy-? U know like, a particular turn, jump, leap, extension, etc. I'll state mine L8R (after i figure it out, and figure out how to spell it-lol) And if you have any pics, feel free!

11 Replies to What's your favorite trick?

re: What's your favorite trick?
By NellRosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 26, 2005 09:30 AM
I don't know if these apply as "tricks" but they're mostly just the normal skills with a twist...

fouette into an axle then back into a fouette (just keep on spinning...it's actually not hard at all...)

easy three-step turn prep into a normal leap (so then you turn while your leaping, which can look cool when done all together)

in a kick-line, go down to the floor so that everyone is still hooked-up but everyone is sitting on their feet with their knees facing the left diagonal. Ok this is hard to explain but to continue...so then the person on the far right (your right as in facing the audience) starts by putting her head and R shoulder to the floor. Her chin should be pointed towards her left shoulder when it touches the floor. Then you just roll over your shoulder, using you legs to push you over, and land sitting on your botton with both legs on the floor. You do this in a chain, with the first girl kinda pulling the girl to her right. Its an awesome effect if you can get it, but expect huge bruises on your shoulders and back, etc.

Fouettes/open seconds into a turn, but keep your leg out in second. Its really hard to just turn without the whipping motion of a fouette with your leg just hanging out there, but if you have the leg strength to do it, it looks amazing.

I have no idea what this is called, but it's when you do a almost back summersalt but you extent your legs in the air when your on your back so that you do the splits above your head and then land lying on your stomach.

So I'm out of ideas now...hope I gave you some new ideas and that your able to figure out what I mean with all my vague descriptions...
By KicksElitePoms
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 04:46 PM
I like kicklines over the head of the person next to you. Not very original in the dance world, but it always makes the audience cheer :).
By Fyrefly525member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:47 AM
That move Nellrose that you were saying that you don't know what its called. I know what you're talking about and I think the name has something to do with a fish. Or most commonly its called a choulder roll.
By Kellithmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 07:15 PM
I'm a sucker for kicklines... although my team is never together and it really bugs me, but I do love kicklines.

I also like fuettes and axles. Gotta love those axles.

~Kellith~
By butters
On Fri Dec 23, 2005 01:51 PM
I suppose i'm really crazy about leg extensions. I just randomly do insane things. I also like any kind of jump. I can't really turn all that well, but i can do crazy jumps without even preping. But my favorite trick for the week would have to be a calypso. Rock It!
By poodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Dec 25, 2005 09:23 AM
I just adore doing kicklines they are fun to do.
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 18, 2006 04:03 PM
hey
i love to jump and leap, i love doing jetes and stuff .... but also i love to just throw myself in the air and see what random position i can do when i get in the air! i'm mad... it drives my mum crazy when she's watching tv! lol!

hey whats an axle in dancing? i dont think i've heard of it in my dance class.... but i used to figure skate and and axle there is when you take off from forward on one leg, and if its a single you do one and a half turns in the air, to land backwards on the opposite leg to the one you took off from. its a double you do 2 and a half turns and if its a triple you do 3 and a half turns. i love doing double axels on the floor (i cant do double axels on the ice lol)... it freaks people out lol!

love twinkletoes
By butters
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 02:26 PM
An axel is (if you are doing a right axel) after doing a chaine for a prep you bring your right leg up into the highest possible posse, through a fouette motion. And your secong leg, left, pretty much kicks your but. this is a turning jump. I hope it makes sense, you can try and see if you can find a pic. Sorry about spelling.
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 03:53 AM
heya thanks butters that's really helpful.

i think i'll try and find a picture too.
By TEAM_MOMmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 08, 2006 06:26 PM
oh...big question.

You know it takes some talent to learn all those tricks. Each year we learn at least two new ones if not more. Dance is that way - trying to keep up with the jones I suppose. :)

I like them all. The ones i don't like are the ones that have been used to death.
By TexasBallerina15
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 08:14 PM
i love to watch kicklines but i dont like to do them LOL! but my favorite tricks are scorpian jumps and fouttes in second

ReplySendWatch