Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

slow tap costume ideas
By chickp
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 02:24 AM

I am wanting some ideas for a slow tap costume for dance competitions in New Zealand

7 Replies to slow tap costume ideas

re: slow tap costume ideas
By tappingangel
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 06:52 PM
what song are you dancing to? it'll be easier for us to help you out if you give more information....maybe an age group, are they all girls or are there some boys as well, what level tap are they doing?
re- slow tap costume
By chickp
On Thu Nov 24, 2005 09:14 PM
Yeah sorry about that....more information!.... It is a solo dance to "That's Life" by Frank Sinatra. She is 8 years old and has been dancing for 4 years.
By tappingangel
On Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:43 PM
maybe look into a swing dress? i know theres some vintage stores in most areas, try looking there and seeing what you can get.....maybe bring her and her parents along as well to give their input...i know my girls enjoy shopping trips for costumes..and, itll be cheaper then using a normal costume catalogue as well. otherwise, look in the catalogues you have and see waht styles of dresses there are...try to work the dress in with the choreography too, have her sway it back and forth and stuff when doing shuffle combos, or flap combos.
By josephine_7
On Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:54 AM
hi my mam had a tap cozzie years ago ,it had a real funny hat with it ,please dont get a hat lol
By dancerchick10
On Thu Dec 29, 2005 04:34 PM
Yeah, some kind of dress would be good. I did one when I was 9 and had a pink dress.

Dancerchick10
By lisa_popdance
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:46 AM
maybe try something white, yellow, light orange or black
By Truffle
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM
Speaking of swing dresses...

www.kellecompany.com . . .

^That was my costume from last year in turquoise. It was to some `40s swing music. I've never heard of that spng. or I don't recognize the name at least. Try looking through this:

www.dance.net . . .

It has more than ballet costumes...

"A" :P

ReplySendWatch