Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Problemo with the skates - arch issues
By etoile_et_lune
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 05:04 AM

Ok, here's the story. I can't afford new skates and my skates are really old and quite uncomfortable. Apparently they're really good skates, but they have no arch support at all (and I have a really high arch) and are ever so slightly too long and ever so slightly too tight around the sides of my feet. There isn't anything I can do about that, but is there anything I can do about the amount of blisters I get on my feet from my skates and the pain that I always feel running through my arch (it's like bend over and suffer kind of pain). what can I do?

3 Replies to Problemo with the skates - arch issues

re: Problemo with the skates - arch issues
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 27, 2005 05:32 AM
Helloo. :)
Tried arch supports in your skate? They're made for normal shoes, but you can try skating with them on, it's supposed to relieve pressure from high arches. Also, there are gel pads that you can put on your ankle or bunion area to reduce pressure and prevent blisters.

arch supports - www.drscholls.com . . .

fantastic stuff for your feet - www.jenskates.com . . .

I'd love to get my hands on some of these too. There are many other brands, these are just examples.
By etoile_et_lune
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:29 AM
Thank you so much! You are my savior!!! :) I am eternally indeubted to you!! I love you!
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 06:23 AM
Hahaha :D sure!
Have happy feet.

ReplySendWatch