Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Message to all!!!!
By BboyStretchmark
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:12 AM
Edited by BboyStretchmark (146358) on 2005-11-28 00:15:09

Waddup Bboy Stretchmark repping Worldwide Zulu Kings (c. 1973 New York City), Step Kingz, Time Bandits Clique.

Just wanted to say some of the posts on this site is hhhm i dont know the word.! It pretty ridiculous!!!!!

I mean the WHOLE hiphop forum is infected with wackness!!!!

From people classing ginuwine as hiphop and a real breakdancer.Lols to descriptions of locking: "lockings like being a mime"!!!

I know theres probably a few real bboys and bgirls and funkstylists in here.... !!! I noticed everyone is calling them selves bboys and bgirls but sheeesh...reading the comments on here makes me tremble. Realising how uneducated some people are.

Im mostly directing this to the people who offer "Tips" and advice or history!!! But its incorrect half the time!! If you cant speak the realness dont try drop knowledge!!!

Hmmm thats probably part 1 of many to come. Word up and peace to the real cats on here! Not the ones who think they are real!!1 Haha.

One Love. Just doing the do.

Bboy Stretchmark akA The Side Walk Shuffler.

19 Replies to Message to all!!!!

re: Message to all!!!!
By BboyStretchmark
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:20 AM
This is not a diss to people who want to learn!!!!!

Learn, learn and LEARN!!!!

But you do not become hiphop by spitting some street slang or spinning on your head.

Learn the FOUNDATION of bboying!!!
Bboying is a legitimate dance form, it has moves...its a DANCE! Learn to dance, learn the toprocks, drops, and footwork and freezes.

Everyone wants to learn how to do power/strength moves Yes they look kool. But it aint a important aspect of the dance.

Make sure your learning off the right people.!!!!

Dont wotch korea battle of the year and imitate!!!
Watch some rocksteady crew footage.

Before you attempt to even learn the practical- you should be learnng the theory- research some songs, learn some history!

Peace.
By SpellieDev
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:43 AM
oooooo wheeee... we can't wait for you to drop your infinite amount of knowlege on us.
By BboyStretchmark
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:45 AM
Edited by BboyStretchmark (146358) on 2005-11-28 00:47:22
Just an average white band.

I Aint tryna be no king. Representing bboying the way it should be.
Props to all the realists.

By SpellieDev
On Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:57 AM
right on. :D
what up
By megamonkeybboy
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 03:26 PM
Well I do not know if you are reffering anything to my post but I try to only say what I have studied and if I don't know about it, then I shut up. But anyway if I ever say something incorrect let me know. I am still a student cause I am young, however I am around legends and pioneers of hip hop who allow me to learn from them so I soak up the knowledge as best I can. Well I hope to hear from you soon peace
By Invent
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 04:39 PM
the truth has been told. and for once im not the one saying it... saves me some typing.
invent
By SpellieDev
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 05:17 PM
yea but it's kinda like walking outside and saying the sky is blue
By iH0p
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 09:22 PM
can you guys breakdance??? can any of you guys spin on your head?? i want to learn how to do windmills and flares so i can impress my boyfriend. he's starting to eye the other bboys more. i dont like it. i dont like it at all.
By AyDee
On Tue Nov 29, 2005 09:35 PM
props to you bboy stretchmark. this is what i want to see in the forums, the real.
youve brought up a very good point, but trust me weve all tried to turn the tides against this war haha. but its not working.

aydee
By KC01
On Sun Dec 04, 2005 06:12 PM
hey, i got a question . . . how does all u's feel bout Australians and dancing, i mean do they all say that australians cant dance or sumthing??
By BboyStretchmark
On Mon Dec 05, 2005 02:40 PM
I know heapsa dope ozzy bboys ^^^^^

Anyone can dance. Haha thats silly.

Peace.
kk
By nix_xo
On Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:55 PM
kk phill me in?
yes yes y'all
By BboyStretchmark
On Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:23 PM
What do yah want to know?
By Footworks_Alimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:49 AM
I totally understand what you are saying and I realise that lots of people on here think they are the real deal but they don't really have a clue.

Problem is you guys that do know need to share your knowledge and educate your willing students. You may get tired of typing the same thing over and over for example;

Learn the history, get the knowledge, master the basics

But people new to breaking need to be told this from the people that know. I am not a bgirl, but I sure want to be.

I was at the British Bboy Championships and at the Redbull beat battle and Crazy Legs hosted both. He was saying that we need to keep the hip hop culture alive and nurture the next generation. Lucky for me I found a crew that was prepared to take on apprentices and they encourage us to educate ourselves in hip hop history and culture. The problem is that there is a barrier some bboys put up to say "you are not where we are from" and "you haven't lived the hip hop life so you can't be part of this".

People just have to understand that there is not an easy way to learn breaking and it is a cultural thing, not just a dance but on the flip side people also need to realise that people who are not from the hood and don't talk the talk also want to be part of it all.

I know there are guys on here that are the real deal so rather than dissing people who come on this forum to find out more about breaking and hiphop why not welcome them and direct them to this site so they can find out more for themselves.

mrwiggleshiphop.net

There may be 9 out of 10 people just wanting to learn to impress friends but that one person out of 10 may be part of the next generation who will take breaking on for years to come.

Wow, what a waffle! Sorry about that!
By Footworks_Alimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:53 AM
Oh PS

Total respect to bboy stretchmark, he obviously knows what he is talking about

LEARN LEARN LEARN

Ali
By Peleke
On Mon Dec 26, 2005 08:39 PM
Props to Footwork_Ali and Bboy Stretchmark. You guys obviously know what your talking about. Breaking shouldn't be something you do just to get popular. If your good, but you do it just to be attractive, your not a Bboy/Bgirl. You have to know your history, and respect that history. Don't just know the facts, understand them. Take it deeper then "Breakdancing was created in the Bronx." Ask questions, such as, "Why there?" or "Why is it called breakdancing?" and you'll learn that, formally, its not breakdancing, its bboying. And, once again, understand it. Learn what its all about. Learn the four elements of hip hop. Respect others, respect yourself, respect its history, understand its history and feel its history, and you'll become part of history. You'll be respected as well.
By Jiffy
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:51 PM
Ha ha ha!!

I read this and I think that we have a few of them!

"Another trend is referred to as "Internet b-boys" or as they call them in japan "Otaku b-boys", who are often looked-down upon as not having their heart in hip-hop culture, and having learned much of what they know of the dance purely from the internet and from watching videoclips, not by instruction or by the passing of knowledge from one generation to another. Additionally, these "e-boys" do not usually reach out to their local b-boy scenes, nor participate in jams, nor do anything except flaunt and preach over the internet (see wannabe)"

Is this the kid of thing you are talking about?
By Peleke
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 04:43 PM
^^^True dat...I think that might be part of what he was trying to get at, yes. E-Boys, as they're called, are either kids who want to learn but have neo other option but to go to the internet, or people who are just to scared to actually take the dance somewhere themselves, such as battles. As long as you pass on your knowledge one way or another, thats deserving or respect, but the internet is not the preferable medium for that.
wORD uPP!
By BboyStretchmark
On Tue Jan 03, 2006 03:14 AM
Waddup. Dang skippy i must say word upp to Footworks_Ali! No doubt your head is screwed on right!! Crazy Legs ha enough said!Hes the mann!! Yah problem is a lot of people who think they have knowledge really dont. lol.

I agree if your and not half stepping then you wont mind "getting down in the trenches" and researching about the hip hop culture and bboying! A lot of the information you hear has been regurgitated so many times thats its probably incorrect!

Ask and you shall receive!

Peace Bboy Stretchmark the Bomber man!

Step Kingz. Time Bandits. World Wide Zulu Kingzzzzzz!

ReplySendWatch