News: General / Success Stories

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
wow thats awesome. it won't let me look at your pictures.
By danceaway33 Comments: 312, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Mon Jul 10, 2006 09:49 PM
wow thats awesome for going back to it. it won't let me look at your pictures.
re: Smileywoman's "Success Story" [inspiration from a 45 year old dancer]
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Tue Jul 11, 2006 06:59 AM
To view smileywoman's pictures at photobucket.com,
type in the read-only password "dancenet."
My pictures are under "dance"
and "dance effects."
By RaiLynn Comments: 2, member since Thu Jun 11, 2009
On Thu Jun 11, 2009 02:49 AM
Your story and pictures are beautiful and truly inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Dance on, Woman!
:)
Rach
By darealhoney Comments: 26, member since Fri May 02, 2003
On Thu Oct 22, 2009 01:53 PM
wow I saw your website, I think you are a clear example of someone that HAS to dance regardless of the circumstances. I think thats realy beautiful :)
By amy5555 Comments: 20, member since Fri Mar 19, 2010
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 08:19 AM
Your pictures and story is brillant!!!
By amy5555 Comments: 20, member since Fri Mar 19, 2010
On Fri Mar 19, 2010 08:21 AM
Well done, your story and pictures are fantastic!!!

Would love to do the same thing!!
By Brownaldo Comments: 3, member since Thu Apr 29, 2010
On Thu Apr 29, 2010 09:16 PM
I'm so happy that throughout your childhood struggles, you've made up for your loss in terms of not affording things financially, by now enjoying life as an adult and still finding the time to complete the hobbies you love.
Your definitely an inspiration for many dancers of all ages, and I encourage other's also to ignore age concerns. If you feel healthy enough to make a change and do the things you love then take the chance. We only live once and we should make every opportunity count.
I wish you all the best, and I hope life you treats you well.
With Love
Olivia Brown
x
By F1ref1y Comments: 10, member since Tue Aug 17, 2010
On Tue Aug 17, 2010 03:23 PM
HI! I love your post. Especially the ending about 'lack of support'. I'm 36 and continuing a dance career after 4 years off. It's been an uphill battle to gain strength back. Support is something I figured out was really important....but it doesn't actually exist in the format I was expecting. SO - you just tapped into something I needed to hear! THANKS!
By ambitions Comments: 85, member since Sun Sep 23, 2007
On Sun Jan 23, 2011 01:52 PM
That's lovely, I love stories like this, the pics are great too, keep going! x
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 09:21 PM
Hey girl, loved what you had to say. You know me, always liking what the older dancers like to say.

You mention about being married only 3 years. Did I read that right? Did you get married again? Did you move? I have your old address and I do want to send you that thing I promised you. With all the snow we have been having, about 2 feet so far, maybe more and more coming this coming week, I have not been to the post office but if you have a new addy send it. When we get plowed out, I will go to the post office.

I wrote something too. Feel free to read mine.
By Hannah97 Comments: 30, member since Sat Feb 05, 2011
On Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:58 AM
your such an inspiration to me. After reading this i started to strech like mad because you really motivated me .Hope you always enjoy dance !
hannah
By amobailar Comments: 8, member since Mon Aug 07, 2006
On Fri Feb 18, 2011 08:37 PM
Thank you sooo much for this. I am a 36YO wife and mother to 3. I danced avidly from age 7 to about 19 and I can't tell you how much I miss it. I too had a father who told me "dancing was not going to pay the bills". Now, I have a job that pays the bills, but can't shake that "empty" feeling. Thank you for sharing and reminding me that its never too late and there is a community of people just like me out there...

Now if I can only find some nearby! LOL
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Thu Mar 17, 2011 08:29 PM
This was written five years ago, so what you have read was how I re-started ballet but LOTS has happened since them.

I'm NOW 50 years old and I am dancing better than ever and in BETTER shape than I was 10 years ago.

Image hotlink - 'http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/smileywoman/Summer/4thjulyhatwowblack.jpg'

Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad I inspire. You can follow my adventures at smileywoman.com or on my blog at EmbraceYourChild.com
By enpointe74 Comments: 2, member since Wed Nov 10, 2010
On Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 PM
i'm 36 and about 35 pounds more than i used to be when i did ballet-and pointe. do you have any problems with your knees or joints and if so how do you get over those injuries?
By keenecg2 Comments: 16, member since Fri Jun 24, 2011
On Fri Jun 24, 2011 08:29 AM
What an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with the community, you're an inspiration!
By Jodiieeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 76, member since Sat Jul 09, 2011
On Sat Jul 09, 2011 07:08 AM
wow, thats great. I wanted to carry on dancing until i was that age and similarly i did ballet too. I started young but lost interest which is a pain now i think of it but well done and good luck for whatever comes next! :D
PS: your pictures are awesome
xx
By KODancer94 Comments: 268, member since Thu Sep 22, 2011
On Wed Nov 09, 2011 07:39 AM
You are one of the most inspiring people on DDN.. Thank you :)
By allyf Comments: 20, member since Mon Jun 07, 2010
On Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 AM
what an inspiration, good luck for the future.
By TranscendDance Comments: 11, member since Wed Aug 10, 2011
On Tue Feb 28, 2012 07:40 PM
Definitely inspirational
By TranscendDance Comments: 11, member since Wed Aug 10, 2011
On Tue Feb 28, 2012 07:44 PM
Yes, it's amazing to see how this art form is a language that becomes a part of your being. There have been times when I thought, "I should stop now, real life is calling. I should buckle down and leave dancing alone all together to become a fond memory." But it didn't go away. If I left, it rang me up and asked, "where you been?"
On Sat Sep 22, 2012 03:35 PM
The interview on this board is several years old, so I thought I'd post some recent pictures of Smileywoman the 52 year old dancer. :D
On Sun Aug 04, 2013 01:53 PM

UPDATE: this interview was posted 8 YEARS AGO. Now, in a few days I will be 53 years of age and I posted a dance picture from yesterday.
By CelticBellePremium member Comments: 50, member since Mon Jan 09, 2012
On Wed Jan 22, 2014 04:14 PM
Thank you for sharing your story! Its never to late to start something you have a passion for--weather it be a person, interest, business or sport! Our local ice rink features several "older" beginner skaters, and they are very inspiring.
You are much younger than these ladies (and gents), but Im guessing you have already inspired many!
By KaeDancer Comments: 33, member since Wed Jan 22, 2014
On Thu Jan 23, 2014 06:56 AM
You are an inspiration SmileyWoman. Many years ago you encouraged me with your journey and you still do today :)

Never stop dancing and sharing your experiences.

Kaela x
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatchDraw