Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Please Do Not Revive Old Threads
By nodoubt_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1510, member since Thu May 13, 2004
On Mon Nov 06, 2006 08:28 PM
we are having alot of problems with this lately. particularly the thread of dancing in the kitchen. now i know she is a beautiful dancer and they are gorgeous pics but that thread has been commented on for weeks now! it just wont die. now i'm not trying to sound jealous but its stuff like that that kicks mine and other newer posts off the first page.
By pierro Comments: 21, member since Wed Dec 20, 2006
On Wed Dec 20, 2006 01:28 AM
first of all, why not have moderators remove old threads then?

second of all, what if i am interested in an old thread and none of the new ones?

surely both of these are valid points

the first offers a solution, the second is more a question regarding the potential policing of my interests

i mean no disrespect, but in a way i am offended by being told im only allowed to show interest in the 7 of 40+ threads

-pierro
By hannah148member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 57, member since Thu Mar 23, 2006
On Mon Dec 31, 2007 04:10 AM
That is so true, thanx for reminding people!
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Wed Jul 02, 2008 02:47 PM
smart post! i never thought of this! :D
By texanballerina95 Comments: 5, member since Wed Aug 13, 2008
On Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 AM
some people(like me) are pretty new. we might have not read them. i dont reply much, but i thought that was a little harsh. but i do agree,if someone posted a photo or something, you would probably not want it at the bottom
By FreestyleDiva581 Comments: 141, member since Sun Feb 24, 2008
On Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 AM
I can actually say I don't mind the old posts...

It might be and important issue that needs to be kept alive.. Just think its a bit harsh that we are restricting people to what they post...:( even if it is on an old thread maybe its IMPORTANT.....

Sorry if I sound rude though its just my opinion..
By BalletLuvr2 Comments: 13, member since Tue Jan 04, 2011
On Fri Jan 07, 2011 06:50 AM
I guess I'm not allowed to comment, since I'm new and this is an old thread? ;) Agree, some things have nothing more to be said, others, there may be something someone new can share that is helpful. Just my opinion, but I think that's what the mods are here for. Don't mean this to be snarky, just adding my 2 cents. :)
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2100, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:54 AM
Yes, that's what the mods are here for. If they see a really old thread popping up to the top, they can, of course, lock it. However, the point is that when old threads are revived, they push newer (usually less "popular," I hate to use that word but I just mean ones that don't get as many responses) to the second page quicker, and that is not fair. Everyone deserves for their post to have a reasonable amount of time of the first page. Sure the mods can do it, but it's nice if when the author notices it, he/she just locks it so the mods don't have to.

Anywho, way back when when I wrote this thread, it was a much bigger problem. The ballet photo board is not quite as active as it used to be, so stuff sticks around on the first page a lot longer.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatchDraw