Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4
Pets
"Rainbow Bridge" (something beautiful for those who've lost pets) (karma: 18)
By JoyNoellePremium member Comments: 3864, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Tue Dec 06, 2005 03:54 PM
Made sticky by calypso (11968) on 2006-01-09 10:53:48

When I had my cat Willie cremated last month, I was amazed at the beautiful job the cremation place had done. I've scanned one of the things they included, a piece called Rainbow Bridge. I think it's lovely and will touch most anyone who's lost a beloved pet.

Image hotlink - 'http://www.smartassproducts.com/tmp/ForDanceDotNet/RainbowBridge.jpg'

81 Replies to "Rainbow Bridge" (something beautiful for those who've lost pets)

re: "Rainbow Bridge" (something beautiful for those who've lost pets)
By DeLiShuSxDaNcErmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 220, member since Wed Feb 02, 2005
On Fri Dec 09, 2005 07:37 PM
Hey,

Aw that is so beautiful almost made me cry! I love it! I printed it off and sent it to my friend who just lost her dog. Aw thank you. *Karma!*

Jenna
By puppies_flyPremium member Comments: 2818, member since Sun Jan 16, 2005
On Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:55 AM
I love this piece. Someone set it to music: www.indigo.org . . .
By XxXwoodyXxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1102, member since Fri Mar 11, 2005
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:29 PM
we got this poem (or something alike) when we lost our dog last year everytime i read it i just cry - thinking of the good memorys!
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 03:09 PM
I love it, even though I cannot read it without sobbing. It has that same effect on everyone I've shown it to who's lost a pet they really loved.
By kt_bug Comments: 64, member since Tue Nov 22, 2005
On Wed Dec 14, 2005 05:58 PM
That is so sweeyt I just lost a pet in November it was very sad!by posting that you made my day!
By LisaMmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5497, member since Sun Dec 05, 2004
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:37 PM
these words are so beautiful and i`m sure they are a comfort to a lot of animal lovers, who have lost their much loved pets.
I can`t read it without tears coming to my eyes.
luv sue x x x
By luvNdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 569, member since Fri Aug 06, 2004
On Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:44 AM
thank you so much for this, as it means alot. I have lost many pets, because of ilnesses and other things, and this was help to remind me that they're in a better place now.
On Sun Jan 15, 2006 08:23 AM
I'm still unable to read this without sobbing. I think that's a cumulative effect, really, of having lost so many pets over the years...of course including the recent loss of my baby, Willie. I'm glad this piece touches others who read it, and I appreciate that the mods saw the benefit of making it a sticky. After all, it's a sad truth that everyone who has a pet will eventually lose a pet...and how nice for them to stumble upon this beautiful piece when they do.
By I_Love_TreblePremium member Comments: 598, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 05:27 PM
I lost my kitty today. I can't read it yet. Maybe in a few days. Thanks for caring.
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:14 PM
Oh, Treble, I'm so sorry for your loss. Whenever you're ready, read it...but be forewarned that it WILL make you cry.
Re
By dancing_dreams53 Comments: 68, member since Tue Jan 10, 2006
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:21 PM
thank you sooo much for sharing it with us i recently lost my rabbits, :( its beautiful.....
really...
By dancing_dreams53 Comments: 68, member since Tue Jan 10, 2006
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:23 PM
really...im just touched! thanks sooo much i really love it, where did you get it from?
By kayleighsmadmum Comments: 174, member since Fri Jan 14, 2005
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 03:00 PM
We lost Oscar, our Boxer dog in October and this poem has been a source of comfort to me - even though I ball my eyes out every time I read it. He is such a miss.
By Kerry_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1280, member since Fri Feb 18, 2005
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:47 AM
I haven't lost a pet but this just made my eyes fill with tears!

Kirstie :D
By GrandePasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 130, member since Thu Aug 04, 2005
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 04:16 PM
My kitty died today too...I'm not ready to read that yet, but when I do I'll probably cry! :(

Pas
By Shnaynaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9967, member since Sat Aug 03, 2002
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:21 AM
This makes me cry every time I read it. I had three dogs for my entire childhood, and we lost them all last year. I am going to print this out, and put it with my dogs' pictures. I will never, ever forget them, and their big brown eyes, and their goofy, loveable personalities. I miss my doggies so much, even though I now have a new puppy and two kittens. I won't ever forget my childhood best friends. :( This is so sweet, but it's so sad.

peace out
sh'naynay
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2842, member since Wed Jul 06, 2005
On Sun Feb 19, 2006 05:13 PM
My cat just died last week, and this poem made me cry. Thank you so much for posting it.
By odile_odettemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1996, member since Wed Jul 03, 2002
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 03:00 PM
That made me cry so much. All I could think about was my dog and how much I missed her. Thank you so much for posting.
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 04:47 PM
RIP Rosie...

I miss you....
Damn it, why can't I get over this faster.
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 05:00 PM
^ Don't worry about getting over it faster, just proceed at your own pace. Heck, it's been 3+ months since my baby, Willie, died and there hasn't been a SINGLE day since then that I haven't just sobbed because I miss him so much. It hurts...and we'll heal when it's the right time.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 09:45 PM
I lost my best friend and furry daughter on Wednesday.....

One of the last things I said to her was "Have fun playing with Tika (our cocker spanial we had when Emily was a pup)...and wait for me on the other side of the rainbow.

I really really really miss her...there is a giant hole in my heart right now....and it hurts.
By discochic_norwaymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 448, member since Wed Jun 08, 2005
On Sat Feb 25, 2006 03:47 AM
It made me cry... Especially the flash video. My dog has cancer, but hopefully she will make it.. :(
re: "Rainbow Bridge" (something beautiful for those who've lost pets) (karma: 1)
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:32 AM
I would like to thank Ladeda for sending this to me....

JoyNoelle and I both thought this poem should be included in this thread... So in memory of My dogs Ginger,Tika,Emily and Cats Roscoe,Flash,Sam,Dave, Bootsie, Columbo,Tiger kitty and Milo...along with Joy's Willie, and her baby girl Great Dane we dedicate this poem to those who have lost a beloved pet and best friend. Out of sight....but never gone from mind.

I Love You Best

So this is where we part, My Friend,
and you'll run on, around the bend,
gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,
life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take with you this...I loved you best.

by Jim Willis

From his book Pieces of my Heart.
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Tue Feb 28, 2006 04:09 PM
Come on you guys, I don't want to cry right now! I was losing it with Joy's poem, and then when I read what hylndlas added...

Our wonderful pets will be with us in our hearts for always. I've lost so many furry loved ones which like a part of my family. I can't imagine not having a furry to love and take care of.

I held my bunny while they gave him an injection to put him to sleep when he couldn't breath because of the fluid in his lungs that was suffocating him right in front of me. I just held him and petted him, and told him how much I love him...right to the very end. Our pets are a part of us.

I wanted to share this with you. Let's remember the love, and they are in our hearts forever.

If you want to see pics of a cute little boy with his beloved bunny go here. hereistheplace.com . . .
Page:
Page 1 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch