Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4
Awwww
By cooky_dough Comments: 5, member since Sat Mar 18, 2006
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:52 AM
My dog died recently and I feel very depressed because She lived in the garage because she tried to bite our other dogs .I had her forever since I could remember! I fed her and pet her every week! My mom would feed her every day except for the days that I fed her. she died the day we put up our Christmas tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving! It seems like a long time ago but it feels like yesterday that i walked in the garage and found her dead of old age. I cryed the whole day. She is buried in our back yard with the pillow that we had made her for Christmas and a sprinkle of holy water from each of us and a few of our tears.i will alays remember her.readed rainbow bridge made me really happy and.... Thankyou for the post it really reminded me of her cold ose asking me to pet her by nudging my and

Caitie
re: "Rainbow Bridge" (something beautiful for those who've lost pets)
By CliodhnaStarPremium member Comments: 286, member since Fri Nov 04, 2005
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 09:42 AM
I feel for you all who have lost.

Those poems - OMG, they just couldn't be any sader or truer :)

Caron xx
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4151, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Sun May 28, 2006 09:07 AM
I just lost my dog, a Pekingese, two days ago. This really comforted me but it made me cry. I used to be afraid to die but now I know one good thing, I will cross Rainbow Bridge with my dog. I miss him so much :(
By JoyNoellePremium member Comments: 3864, member since Fri Feb 04, 2005
On Mon May 29, 2006 06:46 PM
Oh, Twinkle, I'm so sorry you've just lost your dog. I know there's not a lot I can say right now that will make things better, but I'm glad you found this thread's wonderful 'Rainbow Bridge.' I hope you find comfort in its message, and if you should ever need to 'talk,' feel free to PM me. My thoughts are with you...
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4151, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Mon May 29, 2006 07:13 PM
Well, thanks for posting it :). it made me feel better when i read it. i have read it a few times but i cant read it anymore because i cry everytime i do lol. i am getting my dog cremated tomorrow so maybe they will include Rainbow Bridge.
By miss_liss Comments: 341, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 01:27 AM
thank you so much!
although i cant stop crying, it made me feel better

i lost my horse on sunday (just posted about it)
and in the past year lost two of my dogs, honey, died of old age, and cinni, sadly jumped the fence with a chain on and the chain was too short and she chocked herself to death.
the poems were so emotional!
HI
By chantelle3member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jul 24, 2006
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 05:39 AM
That was so sweet my friends hamster past away not that long ago andi gave hr that and it cheered her up thanks .XxXxXxX
By Kayte Comments: 986, member since Mon Jul 19, 2004
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 06:29 AM
That made me cry :(

I've been surrounded by pets (cats and dogs) ever since i was tiny so have had to go through a lot of losses, but i have never heard this before.

Thanks for posting, and i'm sorry to everyone who has lost a pet, i know how hard it is.

Kate xx
re:Rainbow Bridge
By balletismylife93 Comments: 331, member since Sun Aug 20, 2006
On Sat Sep 02, 2006 02:35 PM
that is an amazing poem, my friend's horse died about a year ago, and i rode it alot. i was very close to him. we both miss him alot. his name was Alazar of Pasha, stable name, Pops.
By kittendance Comments: 23, member since Tue Oct 03, 2006
On Tue Oct 03, 2006 02:53 PM
I lost my cat a while ago but i am definitely going to put this poem up near his picture on the wall.
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 752, member since Tue May 09, 2006
On Sat Oct 07, 2006 07:12 AM
That is so lovely, it reminds me of my hamster :(
Karma for you.
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Tue Oct 10, 2006 06:21 PM
omg! thats is sooo sadd when you think about losing a pet and picture them running in the grass! i have never lost a pet (my sister has so i am so forwording this to her) but my little guinea pigs time is almost up :( his name is pumper nickle and he was abandoned in front of a pet shop so i adopted him :)i love him so much just like my bird (who still has a quite a while before his time is up)
By Ammi Comments: 144, member since Sat Oct 28, 2006
On Wed Nov 01, 2006 08:16 AM
wow, thats really nice. I wonder who wrote it....
By lazystretcher Comments: 20, member since Thu Jun 08, 2006
On Fri Nov 03, 2006 08:15 AM
Well I have to say when I joined dance.net, I did not expect this sort of community feeling, and it is fantastic that we do.

I lost my dog, (well I say my dog, but she belonged to herself really, HEHE, and was more like my baby) Amaya more than a year ago and that poem is very emotional to read, even now. She was less than 3.5 years old, so was intensely difficult to cope with her loss. Thank you for this thread, and I'm sure other people who have pets would feel the same :)
By pjbaker1388 Comments: 129, member since Sun Dec 03, 2006
On Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:39 PM
When I was in 10th grade my cat passed away and he was literally my baby. The emergeny vet we took him too sent this poem to us about a week later, and I cried so hard when I read. I had lost it and had been looking for. I am so glad you posted it so that I can have a copy of it. I still cry when I read it, it makes me think of my "AC" (My cat's name)
By mszy Comments: 42, member since Thu May 19, 2005
On Mon Dec 11, 2006 06:13 AM
i cry easily espically when it comes to pets dying and this poem made tears well up in my eyes . i thought of my hamster ( although it is hard to imagine a hamster flying past green grass and stuff ) and when i imagine her , i just felt that she was really there and i felt her warmth and fur .

thanks for the poem . ( my hamster died yesterday [ 10 december ], years ago . )
On Mon Dec 11, 2006 09:26 AM
^ My all-time favorite dog, Star, died on Dec 10, too. It's been 20 years now...but it doesn't seem that long. Anyway, I'm glad the poem touches you and so many other people. I STILL can never read it without tearing up. :C
By BallerineGlaceemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 243, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Fri Dec 15, 2006 03:12 PM
My dog was hit by a car yesterday... thanks for sharing these.

-Hannah
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Mon Dec 18, 2006 06:35 PM
I just got back from college for Christmas Break, hoping for nice and relaxing and happy break. But I knew something was up when my cat wasn't waiting for me at the door like she always does. She died two days ago but my parents decided not to tell me because of finals. That really made me cry and I hope it's true even if the catholic church probably says it isn't. I"m not sure what to do next or if I even want to see her. They put her in the freezer for me to decide but I don't know. A frozen body of my cat isn't going to my cat. This just really really sucks right now. She was 10 years old and has been sick on and off since March but she seemed to be doing better since Thanksgiving but my mom said the last week was really bad. I wasn't even there for her she died on the floor. She always purred when I held her. I hope she doesnt' think I left her, because honestly in college I missed her more then I missed my parents which probably sounds horrible but she was always with me whenever I was at home.
On Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:06 AM
BallerineGlacee, I'm so sorry your dog was killed. How awful.

Moonlite, I feel for you, as my cat also died alone on the floor. (I posted plenty about it when he died last year...I felt VERY guilty, even though I didn't know anything was wrong.) I'm very sorry for your loss, and I don't know what the Catholic church says or doesn't say about animals in the afterlife, but I hope you can find some solace in the poems in this thread. It helps me to think of seeing my beloved pets again...someday, and it also helps to think of them as being pain-free, happy, and carefree.
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Sat Jan 27, 2007 07:22 PM
well as u can notice i already posted to this, and my guinea pig got sick a month ago and passed away. i was very sad :) and i cant bear to read this beautiful poem without crying and think about my guinea pig. i havent forwarded this poem to my sis yet but i will :D

Irenie

*RIP Pumpernickel*
By DreamingTreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3193, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:33 AM
Thank you so much for this. It's so beautiful. I was already crying before opening this, but it was comforting.
By Amber82member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 773, member since Wed Mar 24, 2004
On Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:34 AM
R.I.P Hector Bean, have fun at Rainbow Bridge can't wait to see you again. Be good and leave those mice alone! :) you naughty little boy!

thanks for sharing the poem, although i think it has made me temporarilly worse

xx
On Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:02 AM
^ I know what you mean. When I got Willie's ashes back and opened up the other things in the package, including Rainbow Bridge, I was already sobbing hysterically anyway. Once I started reading...I just lost it. It's been over a year since my beautiful Wilshire died and I still can't read it without sobbing. For me, as I suspect for a lot of people here, it's not just the most recent pet whose death makes us sob, it's the others who went before him/her as well. I miss them all...but I do like thinking of them together, romping carefree and happily...
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Tue Apr 24, 2007 01:10 PM
In regards to the poem, I am far too upset to read the beautiful poem you have posted JoyNoelle. Other posts have said how beautiful and poignant it is. I am not yet ready to read it but will in good time.

Oscar was [why does that make me cry? I hate that word now] Ten and a half years old. He was a White West Highland Terrier. They are known for their skin problems. All of his life Oscar was on medication - steroids for his skin. Mum bathed him weekly and his skin would get better and deteriorate. Poor mite. Nothing we could do to help him stop scratching. Christmas 2006 is when it all began. Oscar started to limp. We thought he'd just caught it somewhere. Then one day his other back leg went too. He wouldn't walk. After two days we took him up the Vets. He said he had arthritis in both of us back legs and had had this for a while. He said in the one back leg he had an injury and holding that up brought the arthritis on more. We hadn't noticed this before because the steroids he was on for his skin had actually helped his arthritis. His legs got better..then.

BAM.

A month ago my Mum was bathing him and was like, 'Jodie come here' My Mum found all lumps under his lymph glands. One was the size of a golf ball. We took him to the Vet. Bad news! He had Leukaemia. The Vet said he could have a biopsy to recognise the condition and then go in for Chemotherapy had we had wanted this. My Mum said she don't believe in it. I don't either. I would hate to see my Dog sick off medication and suffering. I mean, it's not as if he could tell us the pain. Well the past week his skin was soo angry and red. Some shades were purple. He had lumps everywhere. On Sunday he was sick everywhere and last night we took him over my sisters for the night in case he lost his battle. He was soo ill. He wouldn't eat or drink. He wouldn't move. At lunch I went over my sisters to visit him. It broke my heart. I cried looking at his face. I hugged him and kissed him knowing that his fate was in the hands of the Vet 2 hours later at 3pm. His appointment was 5 hours ago. I waited in the car with him on my lap. He was breathing really heavily and had a temperature. I balled my eyes out in the car. When it was time I carried him into the consultation room awaiting the veridict of the Vet. I could see from his eyes what was going to happen. These were his words, 'I think to put him to sleep would be the best option for him now' We knew he was going to say this. It broke my heart into a million pieces. I asked to say goodbye alone. I spent five minutes cuddling him. He looked into my eyes. He eyes told me that he was going to be fine and he looked at me as if to say, don't worry, i'll be better off. I kissed him. I told him how he wouldn't be in pain anymore and that he'll soon be running around with other dogs in heaven. Also, he can now eat as much cheese as he wants because Mum won't be there looking on. Then the Vet was ready. He Vet stroked him with me. Oscar nestled his head in the Vets hand, almost a reassurance as if to tell the Vet he was doing the right thing. When the time come I went into the car. I wasn't prepared to watch him be injected and fall asleep forever. My Sister said he looked soo peaceful and restless. She said he looked better. The only comfort to me is that he is no longer in pain. It's for the best. I know that. I'm just grieving.

I have cried on and off constantly for five hours. I keep waiting to listen to him tip tapping across the laminate flooring in the kitchen. I keep waiting for Mum to ask me to let him out for a wee. I keep waiting for him to scratch the door as if to say 'let me in i'm done' I keep waiting for his to bark when he's hungry. I keep waiting to go into the kitchen, and as I look down on where his bed used to be, I keep thinking I'm going to see him looking up at me. I'm gonna miss coming hom efrom school and seeing his face light up when I open the door. I'm going to miss him following me around like a little lost sheep.

I'm gonna miss him so much. I can't believe he's gone. I feel so ill from crying I haven't been able to study like I should have been. I'm inconsolable atm. My Boyfriend is coming over tomorrow to comfort me.

RIP Oscar. Never in a million years could I have been so unprepared for this. My heart is shattered into a million pieces. I am devestated.
Page:
Page 2 of 41 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch