Forum: Advice / Modeling & Pageantry

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Modeling & Pageantry
Pictures of teenage wanna be models - a paedophile's dream (karma: 34)
By etoile_et_lune Comments: 1322, member since Thu Mar 17, 2005
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 04:33 AM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2005-12-16 18:28:28

Ok, I'm only writing this because I am concerned. There are heaps and heaps of posts recently cropping up on the boards with teenagers (especially young female DDN users) half naked and asking if they can model. As it is dangerous to post yourself 1/2 naked wanting to model or scantily clad in clothes that really don't cover much, it's also dangerous to post you picture, name, age and location.

DDN isn't a 'safe' site. It's not locked and the forums and pictures posted on the forums can be viewed by ANYONE who cares to type dance.net into their URL. We don't even know that all the DDN members are legitmate (I'm sure hte majority are, but I don't doubt for a minute that there is a minority of DDN users who do not have good intentions).

It also says up the top of the forum that it has to be 'family friendly'. 1/2 naked teenage girls are something you see in Ralph or Playboy, not on a family friendly section on DDN.

Paedophiles mainly run off the internet with websites devoted to pictures of children and societies vulnerable young. Don't encourage these sites by making it EASY for pople like that to get pictures.

If you want to post pictures of yourself, fine, go for it, but don't post your location and don't post yourself scantly clad. It's no family friendly and it's not great for your personal safety.

25 Replies to Pictures of teenage wanna be models - a paedophile's dream

re: Pictures of teenage wanna be models - a paedophile's dream (karma: 1)
By two4joymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 305, member since Fri Nov 11, 2005
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 06:43 AM
Edited by two4joy (145182) on 2005-12-10 06:44:49
little voice that is SUCH a good point!
If they get bored with the content her in modeling&pageantry they can always run over to disco. PLENTY of scantily clad children there *shudders*
re: Pictures of teenage wanna be models - a paedophile's dream
By lisskmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6639, member since Thu Jul 21, 2005
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 06:45 AM
Should I even mention the stretching board? But then again, a few people are wising up on that board :) power to you guys who have done so.
By irish_adictmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 352, member since Sun Apr 11, 2004
On Sat Dec 10, 2005 07:29 PM
By Dianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 708, member since Thu Feb 03, 2005
On Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:28 AM
You are right to warn people, but I think you are blowing things out of proportion... As far as I could find, there was only ONE post to which this applied on this page so clogging up the page is a bit over the top. Besides I had already replied that she was showing just a bit much of herself.
I don't think we need a sticky like this. If you feel that someone might be showing too much, PM or reply to the post, or if you think it really is PG-13: MOD it. After all we don't need 1000 stickies clogging up the page either (people to whom it applies often don't read them anyway)...

Dian
By Queen_Jojo Comments: 4947, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Sun Dec 11, 2005 06:06 PM
Great post! As someone said the disco board is full of pictures any pardophile would love. I posted a warning months ago on there after seeing a young girls holiday photographs. Still they keep posting more pictures, and it is so worrying. The problem is these girls have computers in their bedrooms and their parents are totally unaware what they are doing on them!

Queen_Jojo
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Sun Dec 11, 2005 07:50 PM
Thanks for posting this. I hope a lot of members will read this and start to think about what pervs actually think about while looking at their suggestive poses.

I think this should be made a sticky in all of the forums where photos can be posted, and not just stuck to the modeling board.

:)

~pb12
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Mon Dec 19, 2005 08:01 AM
Well said! It happens on other sites, too, like My Space and others. These kids just don't use their heads and they give out too much info!
By BerensDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2110, member since Tue Nov 01, 2005
On Wed Dec 21, 2005 02:40 PM
as scary and sick as it is its true! and im glad you posted this

gwen
By danceralltheway Comments: 381, member since Wed Mar 13, 2002
On Tue Dec 27, 2005 06:46 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. I'm glad you've brought up this good point!

~Carolyn
By etoile_et_lune Comments: 1322, member since Thu Mar 17, 2005
On Tue Dec 27, 2005 07:28 PM
That's ok, I just hope people will read it. One of my friends was stallked after she put her picture on myspace, I don't want that to happen to anyone on DDN!
By x_GIDGET_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 960, member since Mon Dec 06, 2004
On Tue Jan 03, 2006 01:03 AM
It's such a sick idea, I definately think this should remain a sticky... Some people just don't think about who could be looking at their pictures....

i mean when I think about how many girls I've seen doing tilts and penchees and things in just 'booty shorts' (man I hate calling them that....No one calls them that in Oz.... let's go with hotpants....Good old Kylie Minogue).

Great post!
+karma

Much love

Abby
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Sun Feb 12, 2006 06:39 PM
Isn't it a sad world that we have to give this kind of advice and think about things to this level? Thanks for posting. At all posts we need to remember safety and common sense.
By PointeOfNoReturn Comments: 24, member since Sat Jun 02, 2007
On Fri Jun 08, 2007 02:50 PM
That is such a good point! I haven't really thought of that aspect of "picture-posting" before. Thank you! You have probably saved at least a few girls from stalking or humiliation.>.
By EmilyyBlondeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 783, member since Tue Jun 05, 2007
On Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:20 AM
Hiya

This is a well good post thanks for warning everyone must have taken you ages!

Love Emilyy
By Darsi Comments: 22, member since Fri Jul 09, 2004
On Thu Sep 27, 2007 01:17 PM
Girls, you must stay covered in this day and age. If you want to madel, go to a reputable agency in your area.
By HollywoodDancer1 Comments: 21, member since Wed Oct 17, 2007
On Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:41 PM
Good post and very helpful.

I don't see why so many teenagers my age post photos of them basically naked.
Skin has become the new face.
Supposedly if you don't show it, you're not pretty.
I find the face so much more attractive than the body.
Well let me rephrase that,
the body is a beautiful creation by God but it shouldn't be exposed by kids young as 12 trying to look sexy.
Their face is beautiful enough and they should be proud of whom they are.
The Hollywood scene has become about the three s's
Skin, Sex, And skinny
And children are exposed to that through music, movies and magazine and it makes them feel insecure.
So I hope this post reaches some of those girls and makes them see they don't have to be so over exposed.
By Beautiful_Ballet Comments: 36, member since Thu Dec 06, 2007
On Fri Dec 07, 2007 02:07 PM
I think your great to warn people. I don't think people realize that there are REALLY sick people out there and they do exist. You are also helping the issue of Rape which IS common. Good on you for getting people to face reality.
By Liam1306 Comments: 1, member since Wed Nov 21, 2007
On Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:17 AM
As a retired sailor and law enforcement officer, father of four girls (2x32, 27 and 23), grandfather of eight and raising two grandsons, I discovered your site while tracking an e-mail address from a "person of interest" developed at another site.

The NCMEC (National Center for Missing Exploited Children) has many safety tips for parents and children.

Never, NEVER let your guard down when it comes to the safety of your children, or children when it comes to your own.

No legitimate adult/business will ever initiate contact based upon internet observations/depictions of any child.

After the MySpace teen/child suicide debacle in Missouri, be extremely cautious. Nothing on the internet is written in stone.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see (there are always two sides to every observation).

Continue to be safe...,
By rr_lover Comments: 511, member since Sat Feb 02, 2008
On Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:29 AM
Actually what i found more distubing is the new reality show with little kids doing pageants, i just personally find it really creepy and all i can say is one thing: JonBenet Ramsey.
By dancing_rokker Comments: 20, member since Wed Apr 07, 2010
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 02:51 AM
This is a very good point. People should really remember that whatever that they post on the internet can be veiwed by other people half-way around the world.
Just be careful peoples.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Apr 10, 2010 05:03 PM
rr_lover wrote:

Actually what i found more distubing is the new reality show with little kids doing pageants, i just personally find it really creepy and all i can say is one thing: JonBenet Ramsey.

what does JonBenet have to do with anything? If you enter your kid in a beauty pageant, they'll later be killed by a handy man who will later commit suicide? Man, that's an awesome lesson to be had right there. *high fives the room*
By Brownaldo Comments: 3, member since Thu Apr 29, 2010
On Thu Apr 29, 2010 09:32 PM
I think certain girls need to learn from Tyra Banks and the lessons she teaches through Americas Next Top Model. You don't have to lose all self respect in order to become something in the modeling in the industry, and it's common sense to understand that this vulgarity will most likely lead you to be taken advantage of.
So for those posing nude or taking semi-naked pictures please think of the consequences of your actions and confine in an adult to make sure your doing the right thing. You don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention.

To become a potential model you have to be at least 5'8 and over, and 5'9 for 16+ models.

Professional modeling agencies who are interested in booking you should never request any form of payment, which is a great way to test whether a company is reputable or not.

Elite Model Management, Models 1, Ford Models, and IMG Models are a few professional agencies who have represented or represent high fashion names such as Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks, Chanel Iman, Liya, Gemma Ward and a huge list of others. They have offices in the UK, research them for more information. Their sites are very resourceful, so make good use of them.

Love Olivia Brown
x
By dancestar88551 Comments: 20, member since Fri Oct 02, 2009
On Sun Jul 11, 2010 06:41 PM
i completly agree with youu. i really dont understand why girls think that they have to be half naked to look like a model. etier you can be a model or you cant, and it should matter about how much clothes you wear.
By DestinyAllen Comments: 30, member since Thu Jan 28, 2010
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 01:56 PM
Excellent post, i hope lots of young girls read your post and take heed of the dangers of posting pictures of themselves and friends half naked. Parents please be aware and keep a check on your kids while on the internet, keep the computer in the living room so the kids can be monitored at all times.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch