Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

FUN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Dancecutie38
On Sun Dec 18, 2005 08:50 AM

Hello! I have a big question for all of you..

How do you make a perfect POM bun? haha.. like how do YOU do it? What do you describe as the perfect pom bun? If you can please..maybe give me step by step directions?
Also, what OTHER types of "hair does or styles" have you or you (your team or you personaly)have seen on teams/squads etc..

One more lol.. what kind of makeup do YOU use? (not like brands.. but YOUR team..)

Thanks!!

Erin

9 Replies to FUN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

re: FUN QUESTION!!!!
By dancingrl247
On Tue Dec 27, 2005 02:51 PM
is a pom bun like a regular bun? we use a foam "donut", u can get them at hair places, that you can pin your hari around then put a hairnet over. our team usually just does low ponytails.
By elisalovesyoumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 04:10 PM
we dont ever do buns for pom....we leave our hair down or do a ponytail....

~eLiSa~
By mishelliedancer
On Sun Jan 15, 2006 07:03 PM
for a super cheap bun.... just cut the toe off a tube sock and roll it into a donut, then put it around yor ponytail , smooth the hair around it and pin. thats what we do for orchesis, and you dont have to go to the touble of buying anything. plus if you loose it, just use the other sock!
By KicksElitePoms
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:33 PM
We do the sock-thing mishellie dancer described and then fold a nylon in either black or nude (depending if you're a blonde or a brunette) over it. You stick a ponytail through the hole of the donut, and then fold the ends over the donut. Secure with hairties, bobbypins, and a bottle of hairspray ;).
HAIR styles
By xoxodancexoxo
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 08:11 AM
my team does the sock thing for the bun. Like the other girls described to you it looks really good to, but say where doing a pom we usually just wear it in a high ponytail with curls. if not then we were it in a bun or regular ponytail. We never wear it down because then it get all over your face and you cant dance right.
By TexasBallerina15
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 08:06 PM
Are team does the sock thing to covered with a hair net to get the look of a perfect bun
By Fyrefly525member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:03 PM
On my team we put our hair in a low ponytail, then we take the hair and split it in two and twist them around or if you have really long hair you can also braid it. Then holding the ends you take it and wrap it around your ponytail holder in your hair. Then hold it in place and start bobby-pinning everywhere you can. Then take some hair pins(more like straight pins) and stick them throughout the bun. Cover with a hairnet and use one to three bobby-pins to hold it in place and that's it.
By dancefreak33455member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 28, 2006 05:58 PM
I've done the sock and nylon thing for a pointe solo for the team. But the team usually just french braids and temporarily dies it blue and gold (school colors).

For our makeup we do gold eyeshadow, black eyeliner, blush, redish lipstick, and tons of glitter. and of course all of this is applied by the pound. lol.
By lil_bunhead
On Tue Mar 28, 2006 07:21 PM
The sock trick!

ReplySendWatch