Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Hard Shoe Reviews
By Mom4 Comments: 25, member since Sun Aug 01, 2010
On Sat Dec 01, 2012 08:46 PM
Love Fays. Have tried Rutherford and ryan and O'Donnell but have to say Fays best suit my dancer
By Irishrose17 Comments: 1, member since Tue Dec 25, 2012
On Wed Dec 26, 2012 07:24 AM
I'm considering buying either Ryan and Odonnell sudue shoes or Rutherford super flexi shoes. I have wide feet and I have toe stands in my dances. I also need a fast break in. Preferably easy to click in. Right now I have Rutherford sudue with the black sole and they have lasted me 2 years but I bout them second hand.
By MmeTrebleReeler Comments: 23, member since Sat Dec 22, 2012
On Tue Jan 01, 2013 02:55 AM
I have Antonio Pacelli's Super Flexis. They have served me well for 4+ years. My friend reports the same about each pair of Fay's.
By MmeTrebleReeler Comments: 23, member since Sat Dec 22, 2012
On Tue Jan 01, 2013 02:57 AM
I have Antonio Pacelli's Super Flexis. They have served me well for 4+ years. My friend reports the same about each pair of Fay's.
By danielle970 Comments: 8, member since Thu Jan 10, 2013
On Fri Jan 11, 2013 02:44 AM
I bought a pair of Ryan and Odonnell hard shoes and was very exited to try them. So I will give the bad and the good.
The GOOD:
- Attractive black suede soles
- Attractive shoe altogether
- Lightweight

The BAD:
-not as loud as Corrs or Rutherford jig shoes (pretty quiet)
-there was a hole after only 2mos of practice
-the front tip is very very very high putting too much pressure on the ball of the foot(sesmoid bone). I have never had this problem with Corrs shoes. My foot still has not completely healed after 2mos not wearing shoes.
-the sole has a normal break-in time.
- Multiple girls in the class had an extremely hard time getting on point in these shoes. I am an open champion dancer and have never had difficultly getting on point till I used these shoes.It may have something to do with the stretch of the top portion of shoes
-Shoes fit very narrow, tip is much narrower than Rutherford or Corrs hard shoes .
Overall I did not care for the Ryan and Odonnell shoes. I really wanted to like them because they were so lightweight. If you want a shoe that has fast break in and sounds great and reliable I would go with Rutherford superflexi. Corrs champion split sole hardshoes are extemely comfortable but they are a tad heavy, and my last 3 pairs had tips that started to come off in the first month of practice - this is not an exaggeration. I sent one pair back and the next pair did the same exact thing.I have never tried Fays but that will probably be my next buy. Hope this helps!!

Your fellow dancer!
By wigs_areSO_fetch Comments: 3, member since Sun Feb 17, 2013
On Mon Feb 18, 2013 01:16 AM
Corrs' are the worst shoes!! They stretch wayyyyyyy too much! they also make weird sound, and make your feet look like blocks!The heel was half way off in the first few months I had them!! HORRIBLE SHOES!! >:(
By IrisCH Comments: 111, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 AM
I was first pleased about the R&D, but now I do not recommend this shoes.
Actually, I am dealing with a “runner’s knee” after wearing a few months the R&D. The sound of these shoes is a lot quieter than other brands and my goal was “getting louder”…so I began to put much effort to getting my trebles, stamps etc. louder, which results into this knee tendonitis. I cramped my muscles too much while trebling which put too much pressure in my knees.

I also have a problem with the overall quality of these shoes: there was a hole only after a month of practice and both heels came off after another month.

Will now switch back to Pacelli Novas....
On Wed Mar 20, 2013 04:20 AM
I have had Fays now for 2-3months and I am very pleased. I have the grey stitched soles. They Take a little while to break in but I think that is a good thing because they dont overstretch. they have a good sound and are well made.I have little chip on the tip of my tap but I think that is from dancing on concrete :/ - not a good idea. Overall I am very pleased. I would say between Fays, Corrs, R&D, and Rutherfords . . . . The Fays are the winner!
By mabsmom Comments: 26, member since Fri Oct 12, 2012
On Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 AM
Great information, thank you! My dancer wears Fays and loves them. We've never tried another brand and now we won't!
By angel14 Comments: 2, member since Tue Nov 05, 2013
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 01:03 PM
Are the redhead black split sole hard shoes a nice shoe? If someone who has had experience with them could let me know that would be great.
By tinydancer1988 Comments: 125, member since Mon Oct 21, 2013
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 02:23 PM
IrisCH wrote:

I was first pleased about the R&D, but now I do not recommend this shoes.

I also have a problem with the overall quality of these shoes: there was a hole only after a month of practice and both heels came off after another month.

Good to know. I was seriously thinking about switching to these because they are light weight and are supposed to have some shock absorption (I have bad on-going shinsplints), but this seals it I think.

I am thinking about getting their softshoes though, just to try them out.
By angel14 Comments: 2, member since Tue Nov 05, 2013
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 02:49 PM
Was it easy to do toe walks in the R&D? And they are quiet?
On Tue Nov 05, 2013 08:24 PM
R&D are very difficult to get on toe in my opinion but different shaped shoes suit different dancers. My school did a group order and we all agreed that they have a very quiet sound. Also the heels make different click sounds between different pairs, so the manufacturing is inconsistent. I also fractured my sesamoid bone after wearing these a couple months. I have tried Fay's now and I love them. They take a little breaking in but have great support, durability, and sound.
By mandees11 Comments: 250, member since Sun Oct 23, 2011
On Thu Dec 12, 2013 04:52 PM
Does anyone have a review of the John Carey Iconic's?

I do not like the fit and look of Rutherford. They don't support my feet well and they look big and clunky on your feet

I currently have been wearing Fays for the past 4.5 years and I love them! They take a lot of work to break in but it's worth it! They are so comfy
By purling Comments: 3, member since Wed Dec 04, 2013
On Fri Dec 13, 2013 07:29 AM
I wear Rutherfords and I love them. However, I've danced along side of a girl same size/age/level for the past ten years who wore Fays. In that time we've gone through approximately the same number of pairs (2), we do the same steps with toe stands/walks and we used to compete against each other. Her Fays tacod eventually every time and my Rutherfords never did. My Rutherfords were generally louder than her Fays, but she could accomplish the same sound with more effort.

I really think the biggest difference between the two are the foot shapes they better suit. She had longer, narrow feet with very long toes that differed in length greatly. My feet are wide with stubby little toes that are all about the same length. For her, the Fays fit way better and helped support her toes during toe stands. I needed a shoe to make my feet look more streamlined while maintaining comfort. Rutherford look/feel great for me and Fays suited her. I'd say try them both on if you can and compare the look/feel for you and you can't really go wrong with either.
By mmkjt Comments: 22, member since Sat Apr 09, 2011
On Sun May 04, 2014 03:06 PM
daughter has tried them all and will only wear Fays.
Has used all different bottoms but now uses nay rather bottoms for proper support. Tough to break in but worth the effort.
By legalirishdancer Comments: 19, member since Sat Apr 28, 2012
On Sat Jun 28, 2014 02:10 PM
Has anyone tried both Fays ultra flexi (black suede) and Atlantic Brogs? I've been loyal to Fays for years but absolutely hate the new pair that I'm trying to break in. I have narrow feet so I'm hesitant to try the ABs but I'e heard good things!
By marie26 Comments: 22, member since Tue May 14, 2013
On Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 AM
I have Iconics and at first, they were the most terrible things on the face of this planet. They wouldn't go on toe, wouldn't bend at all, and gave me horrible blisters. I've had them for about 3 months now and they are pretty good. The sound is good and the heels are super loud. Only get these shoes if you can bear at least a month of blisters.
By marie26 Comments: 22, member since Tue May 14, 2013
On Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 AM
The Atlantic Brog by Feisfayre is by far the best brand of shoe I have ever had. Breaking in was tough only for 5 days and I could go up on toe right after I opened the package. They came from the UK or Ireland within 3 days to the US. The sound was great, the shoes were comfortable, pointe was easy, and the shoe was overall just very attractive.
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 457, member since Tue Aug 28, 2012
On Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 PM
legalirishdancer wrote:

Has anyone tried both Fays ultra flexi (black suede) and Atlantic Brogs? I've been loyal to Fays for years but absolutely hate the new pair that I'm trying to break in. I have narrow feet so I'm hesitant to try the ABs but I'e heard good things!

Are you talking about the new ultra lite Fays or the regular black suede sole? I haven't tried ABs, but I did try on the new Fay's at a feis recently. I ended up going with a new pair of the regular black soles that were in a better fitting size. The new style felt just like the old ones that got too mushy for me, only a better fit and with new shiny leather.

They weren't right for me, but if breaking in shoes is a hassle for you and you like Fays, you might want to try them!
By Jjj1 Comments: 1, member since Mon Aug 11, 2014
On Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:22 AM
Have any of you ever heard of DANZA irish jig hard dance shoes?
By IrisCH Comments: 111, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 PM
How is the tip of the Atlantic Brog? I find the tips very short and the sole doesn't touch the floor at a first sight....

I'm thinking about getting new heavis...
re: Hard Shoe Reviews (karma: 1)
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Thu Sep 04, 2014 06:28 PM
^I wear the Brogs. The toe takes a bit of adjustment because there is NO room for error. It's awesome for your technique because you really have to hit the toes on your trebles, but it did take some getting used to. The sound out of them is GREAT. I had really bad toe pain for about a year and a half before trying these shoes, and I was very hesitant about trying them because of the toe length. It was not nearly the issue I expected, and my pain is now gone. I've had them for almost a year. They broke in very quickly and are very comfortable. They also seem to be holding up very well.

The only negative I have about the brogs besides the toe adjustment time is, if you get the white and black ones, it's hard to polish the white and the black. I suggest Q tips around those areas or any you might get black on on the white bits.

All in all, I highly recommend these shoes.
By DanceMom77 Comments: 4, member since Thu Oct 09, 2014
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:58 PM
In reply to the question about rutherfords superflexi wide:
My daughter has really wide feet and so has been using them for the past 6 yrs.
But she has a narrow heel as many with wide feet do so the rutherfords fit nice and aren't too hard to mold to her feet but she only gets 6 months of use once the shoe is broken in because her heel starts to slide around and her teacher won't let her use the heel elastics. We tried every heel booty. cushion....... And once she reached toes age she would twist her ankle out frequently when her heel slid. We are currently using days wide ultra flexi with good results as it is narrower then rutherfords but the toe has more of a point so break in is horrible. We will see if the heel loosens too much too and will switch back to rutherfords but ever the wide. Better to have a longer stretching time then a broken ankle. When I asked rutherfords they said the sole is the same for both all they do is widen the leather around the foot but they won't do custom.
By DanceMom77 Comments: 4, member since Thu Oct 09, 2014
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 01:04 PM
I do have a question since there are a lot of people using fays here. We used rutherfords till now but the fays we got one is breaking in really fast and the other is very different. Has anyone else had this issue? is it just a lemon pair?
Page:
Page 5 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch