Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6
re: Hard Shoe Reviews
By IrisCH Comments: 111, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Sat Nov 22, 2014 06:54 AM
Due to the recommandations of boleyngrrl, I finally ordered also a pair of the FeisFayre Atlantic Brogs and I'm really pleased about them. They are really comfortable to wear and make great sound. I had also some foot and knee pain (due to an injury), but with these shoes, I got no problem!
By megangwood Comments: 22, member since Fri Nov 28, 2014
On Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 PM
I started out with Fay's, however, I have short and wide feet and these are typically for narrower feet. I switched to Rutherford's and got a whole size smaller than the Fay's. My dancing improved a lot with the Rutherford's but I do wish there was a bit more room for width, even after stretching. I've been getting a lot of pain in the balls of my feet but if I get anything bigger it will be too long. I'm interested in trying the Hullachan Pro 3-or the Pecelli Twighlights (they're very pretty) but am not sure it will make much difference. Has anyone had this same problem?
By DanceMom77 Comments: 4, member since Thu Oct 09, 2014
On Sun Nov 30, 2014 03:48 AM
I am right there with you! My daughter was just trying the fays last month and I posted as much! The right foot stretched out so much it is almost falling apart and the heel buckled. After 1 month of use and that was not even much use as the left is not broken in at all. So I went to them and they said it was just that she dances harder in her right foot not the the quality of the leather. And the shoe is ruined because of the heel. However we have been using Rutherfords for 7 years and no issue. We aren't new to breaking in shoes just new to fays and so we went back to Rutherfords and are very happy with the new heel design!
By DanceMom77 Comments: 4, member since Thu Oct 09, 2014
On Sun Nov 30, 2014 03:49 AM
I am right there with you! My daughter was just trying the fays last month and I posted as much! The right foot stretched out so much it is almost falling apart and the heel buckled. After 1 month of use and that was not even much use as the left is not broken in at all. So I went to them and they said it was just that she dances harder in her right foot not the the quality of the leather. And the shoe is ruined because of the heel. However we have been using Rutherfords for 7 years and no issue. We aren't new to breaking in shoes just new to fays and so we went back to Rutherfords and are very happy with the new heel design!
By megangwood Comments: 22, member since Fri Nov 28, 2014
On Tue Dec 02, 2014 09:29 PM
Do you recommend the AB's for wide feet? I switched from Fay's to Rutherford because my feet are wide and went down a whole shoe size but am now getting a lot of pain in the balls of my feet after practicing a lot of hard shoe for the WROs. The length of the Rutherfords I have is perfect but my toes still feel squished after months of breaking in. Do you have any reference to the sizing of the AB's compared to the Rutherford or Fay's?
By reelsmedley2topb Comments: 1, member since Thu Apr 02, 2015
On Thu Apr 02, 2015 01:25 PM
I just got Fays Ultra Flexis at Worlds in Saturday. I spent ten minutes breaking them in and I can already do toe blocks. The Ultra Lights were very, very soft, so I chose these, which have a good sound, comfortable, brilliant tip and supportive sole. Usually I get wide, but the regular fit fine.

I really hated my Pacelli's Ultra Flexis. I've had them for a year and a half and they still aren't broken in. They make a very soft sound and are bulky. They are also not very comfortable.
By sonksonk Comments: 20, member since Sun Feb 22, 2015
On Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 PM
I loved my Corr's I found them very comfortable but in fact Rutherfords are really louder!
Page:
Page 6 of 61 2 3 4 5 6

ReplySendWatch