Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Woohoo, I went skating!
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 28, 2005 09:36 AM

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I ACTUALLY WENT SKATING

This was the first time since the hurricane that I've been able to skate - so about three months? Anyway, the session was SO crowded because all of the kids are out of school, and the ice needed to be redone but it was still awesome. I couldn't believe that I was able to do everything I could do three months ago -in some cases it was actually better. I landed my loop-loop without a problem, flip-toe...I did take a spill on the toeloop-loop, the only fall of the day and that was because of a nasty dropped shoulder. My spins weren't that hot - couldn't really get a nice fast scratch, but I'm also sick so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm DEFINITELY not as strong though, and everything took so much effort - towards the end of the session I couldn't even get up from my sit spins. I did do a pretty decent Bielmann though, despite the lack of flexibility I have from not stretching all this time. I couldn't work on lutzes today because the rink was so crowded, but I felt good, like I COULD land them today if I wanted to. I only did one camel that got 2.5 revolutions and a couple of weak backspins...but for not skating for three months I thought I did well!

Man, I'm SO EXCITED to be back on the ice. I need to work something out with my coach to get lessons to hold me over until my old rink is back in business. I'm going to be SO sore tomorrow though, I can feel it. And I'm sure that skating didn't do much for my cold, but whatever. Time to get in shape, drop 30 pounds, and get serious about skating again - I'm so happy I feel like I'm flying

2 Replies to Woohoo, I went skating!

re: Woohoo, I went skating!
By etoile_et_lune
On Thu Dec 29, 2005 04:28 AM
I'm so happy for you :) Well done! Is the rink far away from you? I'm so thrilled! There's nothing like returning after a long break is there?!
re: Woohoo, I went skating!
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:35 PM
OOOh good for you!! Hey just thinking it would be great to skate together some day, though we probably never will, because we're kind of at the same level of skating. I must say your progress is really inspiring. I'm still struggling with the same old jumps and spins. Once a week practice is definately NOT helping! I must get the will power and energy to go more. All the best for the comming year!

ReplySendWatch