Forum: Europe / Europe - Photos

Nordic light - Aurora borealis
By Suzy_Qmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:46 PM

This is something you can see in Sweden, where i come from, around midnight. It's easier to see it and more common up north, above the polar circle. It's also easier to see in winter because it's dark and the skies are free from clouds.

I've only seen this once. But it happens really often up north! I think it is very beautyful and it is hard to explain what it looks like if you haven't seen it yourself. it's magic in a way!!!

9 Replies to Nordic light - Aurora borealis

re: Nordic light - Aurora borealis
By sing4joymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:03 PM
I love the northern lights! I live in Norway; right where I am you can't see them so often but when you can, they're just.. awesome!
By bailarina12
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 08:09 AM
that´s a great pic, and its the first time i see a pic about the aurora borealis, thanks for posting it
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 04, 2006 07:20 AM
I actually saw northern lights here in Bergen a few days ago. Not as much as this, but still really pretty. It rarely happends this far south.
By madzia
On Thu Feb 16, 2006 08:17 AM
Oh my gosh! It's beautiful!
I was reading about this phenomenon and I think that it must be gorgeous. Unfortunately it isn't hapening in my country so I really envy you that you are able to see such an amazing thing like northern lights!

Best
By sinanozelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 07:28 AM
I knew about the phenomanon, but this is the first time I am seeing a picture. I want to see the northern countries sometime.

Thanks for posting the picture.
By reeldancegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 06, 2006 03:45 PM
Wow that is amazing! I'd like to see it one day.
hey
By nerangie
On Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 AM
hI! great picture indeed. What i wanted to ask you is if you possibly know of any low fare airlines to Sweden because I would like to visit your country and it seems that it is too expensive for me as I live in Athens! I love your country , I've seen similar pictures and I love its nature! So, if you have any useful information that would be great! xxx
By Suzy_Qmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 27, 2006 01:10 PM
nerangie! that's cool sweden is great! not now though it's grey grey grey...haha

anyway..the only thing i can think of is ryanair or kilroy travels...kilroy is a travelling company for young people.

hope you can make it..but wait till end of may or june-july...then it's great!
By Elkeliinimember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 02:42 AM
ah bliss... northern lights. havent seen many this year. I guess the nights have been so cloudy. I do live north enough to get plenty of them ;)

ReplySendWatch Draw