Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

Page:
Page 2 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: About all of these "is it too late to start/restart?" posts...
By JazZ_BaLlerina31 Comments: 452, member since Sat Jul 09, 2005
On Wed Feb 01, 2006 07:20 PM
Yessss! Power to ya!
By tahlzz Comments: 23, member since Sat Jan 28, 2006
On Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:04 PM
yay!!! im 16 and only started ballet last year!!
By natalie16 Comments: 29, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:50 PM
Great post!!You gave a lot of courage to many girls for sure...thanks a lot:)
By chiyo Comments: 77, member since Wed Feb 01, 2006
On Wed Feb 15, 2006 01:04 AM
i think your thread is really good and encouraging enough. I'm 25 and just started ballet for around 7 months. I really want to thank my teacher here. She is really encouraging and whole-heartedly teach us. She always says that it's never too late to start. (But of coz, it's almost impossible to go pro.)

Ballet is really good. It gives one confidence and turn to be brave. I hope all of us can enjoy it even though we can't go pro. Well.. actually so far from my understanding, very few people can go pro.

Thanks~
By smilnsingermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 164, member since Sat Feb 18, 2006
On Sat Feb 18, 2006 02:57 PM
it was the best thing for me to restart
By desire_2_dance Comments: 0, member since Sat Feb 25, 2006
On Sat Feb 25, 2006 02:35 AM
yea
By SumtingSweet Comments: 33, member since Mon Feb 27, 2006
On Wed Mar 01, 2006 02:10 PM
That's the way to do it! Let 'em know! I love ballet but I've never set foot in a studio in my life. I'm not even discouraged :)
By southern_dancer Comments: 32, member since Mon Apr 12, 2004
On Fri Mar 03, 2006 03:41 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-03-03 22:17:58 netspeak
dance isnt about being the best so u dont have to start when ur young. dance is about expressing urself through movement and i know that nobody no matter what age they are can do this. and if anyone tells u otherwise then u should tell them to relax and watch how u can glide across the floor just like her/him.GO ON AND DANCE UR HEART OUT NO MATTER WHAT AGE! the important thing is to have fun
About all of these "is it too late to start/restart?" posts...
By Hope_And_Lovemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1173, member since Sun Mar 12, 2006
On Sun Mar 12, 2006 05:48 AM
oh:( i feel very silly for posting my post now....sorry for wasting space:) but thanks for clearing that up for me ...im very excited to be starting ballet as soon as possible
By glitteryfate Comments: 16, member since Wed Mar 15, 2006
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 04:46 AM
I've been thinking this question for some time...then I thought, what the hell, I want to do it, so I will. And I'm going to restart in a month or so, woohoo! :D
By RaspberryTeamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 463, member since Sun Mar 12, 2006
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 03:30 PM
:D its good to read what people reply to that post! :D gl to all of you restarting xxx
By AdagioMel Comments: 8, member since Wed Mar 29, 2006
On Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:50 PM
I think people ask this a lot because they're totally scared about starting a ballet class if they've never taken one before, but the truth is you just have to do it or you'll never know.
By milkshake617 Comments: 39, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:50 AM
Im glad to hear that, because i just started dancing 2 years ago, and started dancing when i was 10. And friends at school normally all started when they were 2 or 4 so i felt kinda bad, but now that i read this it makes me think..i'm not too old..and i dance as good as girls that have been dancing for 5 years or so.. thank for posting this=]
By kevinmichael Comments: 32, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Sat Apr 15, 2006 02:19 PM
While I agree that there probably is a point where it is impossible to become professional dancer in a major company, I don't think that it's entirely neccessary to start dancing in the preteen years in order to become a professional. One convincing example of this fact is Rudolf Nureyev, who didn't start ballet until he was 17 years old, when he was accepted to the Leningrad Ballet School. He had some folk training before that, but nothing too serious.

I think that for people who have discovered dance late, but find that it is the love of their life, there is still hope of become a professional. It takes a lot of hard work and determination and soul, but I think it's possible.
By dizzydancer26 Comments: 27, member since Thu Aug 18, 2005
On Mon May 08, 2006 03:25 PM
that post has brightened up my day!im 17 and about to strart ballet, but am now not worries at all!!i came on here to ask thst exact question but dont need to!your post was brillinat!it has given me a new confidence!!
By dizzydancer26 Comments: 27, member since Thu Aug 18, 2005
On Mon May 08, 2006 03:27 PM
p.s i forgot to say thanku!youve given me confidence to actualy go to my first class!i mliving in a new area too so i wont no anyone but hey its gotta happen sometime!.x x x x x x x x x
re: About all of these "is it too late to start/restart?" posts... (karma: 1)
By babydill86 Comments: 73, member since Fri Apr 28, 2006
On Wed May 10, 2006 02:49 PM
you made my day! I have always loved ballet, but now that I am 20 years old, I have thought that I would never have the chance to be any good...I don't really want to perform, I just want to do it, for my own inner satisfaction...I tried ballet when I was younger, but my mom always refused to put me in class, so now that I am big and make my own money, I joined a class, I have some begginer videos at home that i practice with, I have a new found respect for dancers, man they work hard. Like I see everywhere, dance like no one's watching, and that is what I do. I think the most encouraging thing I was told was by my teacher, she's rather have a 20-yr old with no experience, than a ten year old with years of experience...When kids are young, alot of parents force them to be in ballet or something like that, but when you are older, no one is forcing you, so obviously that person wants to be there, wants to absorb all the technique and information...Yes I am a 20-yr old ballet dancer (beginner) but I have the heart to excel!
By delilahhaze Comments: 22, member since Sun May 21, 2006
On Mon May 22, 2006 08:36 AM
your thread has made me feel so much better... now, reading the replies, i'm definetly not alone!

i can't wait to start!
less than a year
By blue_ballerina15 Comments: 4, member since Tue Nov 29, 2005
On Sat May 27, 2006 08:18 AM
I used to think it was too late for me to start ballet but now I don't. I'm just really sad that my grandmother and some family members think so. No support.

I hope to get it here. ;D Hehehe! And I think I got some already. LOL

Anyway, I'd really want to read that thing you said about:

"This does NOT mean that you will grow up to be a professional ballerina, and the reasons for this have been explained a million times, so I won't restate them here."

and

"They'll get mad at you if you're trying to say you're going to start at 17 and become a professional ballerina, but I'd ask that we don't get into that here. My dear TomatoWench has a whole thread dedicated to it, and a rather good one it is."

Can anyone tell me where I can find those? LOL Have a nice time dancing everyone! ;D
By xox_dancer09_xox Comments: 265, member since Sat Nov 12, 2005
On Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:41 AM
thanks for posting!!!!

brill !!

that just pushed my confidence up because im 15 and want to start ballet ;)
x x x x
By XxOpaldancerxX Comments: 36, member since Fri Apr 07, 2006
On Sat Jun 24, 2006 06:07 AM
Right on!You go girl!
By irishgirl93 Comments: 423, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Sat Jun 24, 2006 08:57 PM
your totally right!!! i sorta thought that it was too late for me cause i am 13 and have always done irish dance, but i found a level 1/2 ballet for teens class and am reallly enjoying it and hope to excel at ballet, but who knows!!??!!

xoxo MO'D
is it too late to start/restart?
By Drew1974 Comments: 20, member since Thu Jun 29, 2006
On Fri Jun 30, 2006 02:19 AM
Hey I'm glad you posted the message I'm a 31 guy never done ballet before, I've wanted to do ballet for years so decided to get some tights and shoes and booked myself into a adult beginners class, age didn't even come into my decision to start.
By Beginnerat38 Comments: 15, member since Wed Jun 21, 2006
On Mon Jul 03, 2006 06:34 PM
Didn't I read this post under BEGINNER Ballet??? If you guys are so sick of beginners just wanting a little encouragement, why not just look at posts under Ballet - General?
By AlyssaPremium member Comments: 1020, member since Tue Jul 04, 2006
On Tue Jul 04, 2006 05:10 PM
I agree 100%. Dance is art, art is beautiful, it does not...I repeat DOES NOT matter how old the individual is. If you`re dedicated, you can achieve your goal. Just go out, find a studio, and achieve your dreams. Thanks for telling all those people who posted those kind of posts how annoying it can get.

Peace, Love, && Dance
Page:
Page 2 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch